• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really love the dialogue in Inuyasha

"person says thing"
"other person repeats thing"

or
-thing CLEARLY happens-
"person describes what is happening"

I know a lot of anime/cartoons do this, but it feels super noticable in Inuyasha to me for some reason.

Showing up for only dogboy is tough. I need to catch up in Soul Eater and IGPX...

by the way...

Later_losers.gif

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzRBIgEwxEq5GQG

zlCfzRBIqlURxLsdDw
zlCfzRBIxYMN4cYMD7

zlCfzRBIz6gFCPd1mQ
zlCfzRBI-9ouYOC6yG

zlCfzRBJHQ0rNnMYbN
zlCfzRBJlxEanASdp4

INTERRUPT!: "Me!" On miiverse visited and drew Pic 1, so I fanboy'd out and drew the 2nd pic in response:

By "Me!"
zlCfzRBJK94cBg8Ogw
SAB CA Response:
zlCfzRBJQZw7wcypGl

Back On Track:

zlCfzRBJT6sQHgGX9G
zlCfzRBJqX8I7u5bmC

zlCfzRBJuKIofIzK6F
zlCfzRBJ0a0mtsTUbV

Later.

Raxus

No derp in SAB's post. I am disappoint.

Probably because he is a better artist than the Naruto staff at the time. Boom!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning Toonami-GAF.
Who's ready for three weeks of Bleach Filler?! *gets hit with brick*

Next week is where the Davy Back Fight begins to diverge from the manga. I'll explain that when we get there.

BatDan

I am not going to lie. I thought this week was Bleach filler. No, it is just paced that badly.

According to the Bleach wiki, this week's episode covered three chapters. That should give you an idea of just how badly paced the manga is.

I feel so bad about it, but I'm really starting to lose interest in watching everything except Soul Eater.

Well if you're losing interest in Naruto at this point there isn't much to help considering this is probably the best part of the entire series. OP is understandable this is a "boring arc" even for hardcore fans like me, just wait til we get to water 7 the series will really pick up then.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
No derp in SAB's post. I am disappoint.

Probably because he is a better artist than the Naruto staff at the time. Boom!

I thought my Fantine was pretty Derpy, lol. *Cheers for tooLowToNotice DerPLevEl!"

Morning guys

Ha
I like how this thread died during Thundercats.
zlCfzRBIxYMN4cYMD7

Naru-toe lol

Yuri Lowenthall always seems to stress it that way, too... "NaRu-TOEEEE!!" Sasuke seems to really cherish every chance he gets to say his name... makes a man wonder...

I feel so bad about it, but I'm really starting to lose interest in watching everything except Soul Eater.

The closest I get is "...I don't wanna draw this series tonight...", lol. some show characters just make me feel "WHO IS LEFT TO DRAW NOW?!?".

Even if Once Piece is filler, I'm quite enjoying getting to see everyone act so strongly, as is a trait of the show. SCREAMS EVERYWHERE! Usopp proving how sensible he is, compared to many others of his crew! Hot-Blooded Bro Fights at the Worse of time! And watching the main characters get beat around like 2nd string background people!

It's not a popular opinion, but I like IGPX as much now, as I did at premiere. It's non-generic enough in it's presentation and maturity, that it always feels pleasant to me. I currently enjoy it more than Sym Bionic Titian, since I feel like I'm just going through familiar moments in Titan by now... but I'm once again invested in IGPX's story, almost like it's the first time.

Oh my god, SAB. That Excalibur one has to be my most favorite of your drawings ever. So perfect.

I actually fell asleep during TCats and woke up when FMA was starting. I really need naps before Toonami.

FooL! There is no perfect in this world! However, if there was, I achieved it last Thursday!

*Ahem* There are so many great moments from that episode, haha. Always loved the Bartender -Shake Shake-, choreographed dance numbers, Butler Assassin, Teary-eyes Arthur... Though the internet had me REALLY close to drawing:

EXS-CALI-BURR!!

Palette swaps...

Head-swaps, too! Would totally play their Beat-em-up. Or
Miroku's Feel-em-Up.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I have a feeling this next episode of One Piece is going to be ridiculously good. Those 30 minutes flew by in the blink of an eye last night.

Zoro and Sanji being badass is usually pretty good television. Towards the end of the episode things go a little bit off the rails as it diverges from the manga plot and sets up the 4 weeks of filler that are going to come after it, but everything up to that is gravy.

Also, I have a feeling Titan is going to get swapped out when this rerun ends for FLCL. We're actually only a month or so out from that, and the Toonami Tumblr has been posting a fair bit of FLCL stuff lately.

Yep, Symbionic Titan is ending on July 21st. I really hope FLCL gets tossed in.

Can't let this fake next bump go to waste. I've gotta fix the glow on the text.

Funimation could probably get some appeal on shows if they advertise certain DVD releases as commercials on Toonami or Adult Swim. Maybe little tidbits or 30-second commercials. It'd be cool to see anime to get advertised for the U.S. in the U.S.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Today's fun fact: There are 64 episodes remaining in Bleach. 35 of them are filler.

There are 166 filler episodes in Bleach. That is 1 episode shy of Inuyasha's entire 167 episode run.

Seda

Naruto is backloaded with filler. If we skip that, then we actually don't have much to suffer through.

Shippuden has plenty throughout however.

BatDan

Today's fun fact: There are 64 episodes remaining in Bleach. 35 of them are filler.

There are 166 filler episodes in Bleach. That is 1 episode shy of Inuyasha's entire 167 episode run.

So, 200 episodes of Bleach are canon. Jeez... how did it even make it past the Bount arc?

MikeMyers

To be fair, once you add the Final Act, InuYasha is 193 episodes....

...although, I wouldn't be surprised if Bleach got a Final Act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom