• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Toonami |OT5| TOM and SARA's Excellent Adventure
Toonami |OT5| Trolled by DeMarco
Toonami |OT5| One Piece Gets Better, Be Patient
Toonami |OT5| Soul Eater Diverges at Episode 37, Be Prepared
Toonami |OT5| You Die in the Game, You Die for Real

Toonami |OT5| #5 of my 1,000 provisions

A variation on a theme, if you don't mind:

Toonami |OT5| #5 of my 1,000 provisions: Six Hour Story Telling Party

Or:

Toonami |OT5| That's Right, Five, Count 'Em
Toonami |OT5| When Are We Getting Bionic Six And The Galaxy Rangers?
Toonami |OT5| Bleach In The Eyes Hurts, Even In Animated Form
Toonami |OT5| Uncut Naruto (No, Not In THAT Way)
Toonami |OT5| Every Week, It Gets A Little Sketchy
Toonami |OT5| IGPXXX
Toonami |OT5| Gearing Up For Our Next Hate Watch
Toonami |OT5| Plans Are In Place To Secure The Future
Toonami |OT5| In Which We Share Our Weekly Regrets For Not Watching Soul Eater Sooner

I dunno, I'm grasping here.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Really, it should be about Sword Art Online. Also, I am not Toonami programming so that would be a terrible idea for a thread title.

Finally finished Bleach (it goes up to episode 356) on crunchy roll. Reflecting on the series, Bleach
is an anime that I've grown up with over the years. I can still vividly remember the day I watched my first fansub on youtube back in 2005, right around the time Naruto was becoming HUGE in Japan. I used to be really into anime during my high school days but pretty much stopped watching entirely once I went off to college in 2008. Still though, Bleach was the one series that I continued to watch religiously. Now that the series is over (for now), I have come to realize just how deep my connections to these characters are. I feel like I've grown up alongside them over the years and have a vested interest in everything that they do. Heck, I'm not afraid to admit that I got teary eyed once the montage/credits started to roll at the end. People give Bleach/Kubo a lot of shit over the story, which admittedly can be a tad nonsensical at times, but I feel like most popular shounen are like that anyways. To me, Bleach had the best animation which makes the fight scenes look absolutely stunning. The music was epic as well, I can't think of a better soundtrack in the past 10 years. Also, I love the premise, it was fresh and original back in the day when the industry felt a little stagnant (in my eyes). Bon voyage Bleach, you will always hold a special place in my heart.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The fight scenes in Bleach are stunning?

Um... we'll have to agree to disagree about that, lol. Music is good though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, that post is really the epitome of rose colored glasses, Bleach is especially frustrating since it started out really good and then squandered that potential. Also, the pacing is the the worst of both Tite Kubo and Noriyuki Abe

The fight scenes in Bleach are stunning?

Um... we'll have to agree to disagree about that, lol. Music is good though.

Animation wise? Yes, absolutely stunning.

Yea, that post is really the epitome of rose colored glasses, Bleach is especially frustrating since it started out really good and then squandered that potential. Also, the pacing is the the worst of both Tite Kubo and Noriyuki Abe

Not at all, I've been watching Bleach consistently since 2005 and have enjoyed it the whole time so I'm not sure why you think I'm viewing it through "rose colored glasses"

Tamanon

Banned
Animation wise? Yes, absolutely stunning.

Not at all, I've been watching Bleach consistently since 2005 and have enjoyed it the whole time so I'm not sure why you think I'm viewing it through "rose colored glasses"

Don't worry about those guys, glad you enjoyed it. I'd agree that some of the fights are outstanding. The music is great too.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I always thought Bleach's animation looked kinda cheap.

Well, actually, for a bit I was trying to decide whether it was just the style of the animation or the quality, but I eventually realized it was the quality. Reminds me of Pokemon before it switched over to digital.

Openings had fantastic animation though.

Ah, Bleach has it's Yes and No moments.

After tomorrow night and Soul Eater, it will be 2 weeks until my favorite-ending episode!! ( Getting the GIFS ready. )

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
MCXC Pioneer: I haven't finished Bleach (Though I have beat the utterly spoiling Soul Resurrection Game), but I can agree on some of the best fights actually being pretty nice to watch. Also a good reason as to why I've enjoyed the movies I've seen of the series. I also rather like a lot of the character in concept; one of the things that made me like the series in the beginning was it's diverse cast.

I can't help but feel that it squanders SO MUCH POTENTIAL through a lot of the series, though. It's a weakness of Shonen in general, I guess; Loads of characters are introduced, but only 1 gets to be the main hero. Every time we go through a "Sado has trained! Sado has gained MORE POWER! ...and now he's some new threats doormat!" style loop, it just makes me dislike ever getting excited for anyone BUT the main heroes.

In a way, I feel Bleach makes better games than it makes anime (or maybe even manga); in them, the whole world gets some use, character are restricted less by plot, and more by gameplay, and some under-used ideas can actually get a chance to shine.

Now I wish I had a way to play the Heat the Soul fighter series on my Vita... :/

MCXC Pioneer: I haven't finished Bleach (Though I have beat the utterly spoiling Soul Resurrection Game), but I can agree on some of the best fights actually being pretty nice to watch. Also a good reason as to why I've enjoyed the movies I've seen of the series. I also rather like a lot of the character in concept; one of the things that made me like the series in the beginning was it's diverse cast.

I can't help but feel that it squanders SO MUCH POTENTIAL through a lot of the series, though. It's a weakness of Shonen in general, I guess; Loads of characters are introduced, but only 1 gets to be the main hero. Every time we go through a "Sado has trained! Sado has gained MORE POWER! ...and now he's some new threats doormat!" style loop, it just makes me dislike ever getting excited for anyone BUT the main heroes.

In a way, I feel Bleach makes better games than it makes anime (or maybe even manga); in them, the whole world gets some use, character are restricted less by plot, and more by gameplay, and some under-used ideas can actually get a chance to shine.

Now I wish I had a way to play the Heat the Soul fighter series on my Vita... :/

I understand where you're coming from, it is frustrating to watch characters like Chad and Orihime gain powers only to be delegated to a lesser role once again but the focus of the story is on Ichigo and his quest for power to continue to be able to protect the people he cares for. Bleach does an excellent job touching on the supporting cast and their motivations for gaining the strength to make a difference but ultimately the story is about the main character, not the others.

Also, I feel like Kubo does allow other characters to progress and get stronger throughout the series besides Ichigo. For example, take a look at Renji. He got got stronger and developed a bankai; later on in the series he continues to increase his power (I won't ruin it for toonami-gaf, but wait until this arc is over). The same can be seen in characters like Chad, Hitsugaya, Ikkaku, Yumichika, Ishida etc...I could go on and on. There is growth in the other characters not only in terms of power, but also maturity. This is where Bleach goes deeper than casual fans (or haters) who haven't followed the series since the beginning can see; the personal bonds these characters forge are just as important as their increases in brute strength.

I've never played a Bleach video game so I can't comment on that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I understand where you're coming from, it is frustrating to watch characters like Chad and Orihime gain powers only to be delegated to a lesser role once again but the focus of the story is on Ichigo and his quest for power to continue to be able to protect the people he cares for. Bleach does an excellent job touching on the supporting cast and their motivations for gaining the strength to make a difference but ultimately the story is about the main character, not the others.

Also, I feel like Kubo does allow other characters to progress and get stronger throughout the series besides Ichigo. For example, take a look at Renji. He got got stronger and developed a bankai; later on in the series he continues to increase his power (I won't ruin it for toonami-gaf, but wait until this arc is over). The same can be seen in characters like Chad, Hitsugaya, Ikkaku, Yumichika, Ishida etc...I could go on and on. There is growth in the other characters not only in terms of power, but also maturity. This is where Bleach goes deeper than casual fans (or haters) who haven't followed the series since the beginning can see; the personal bonds these characters forge are just as important as their increases in brute strength.

Part of the problem is that there are WAY too many characters. Like way way too many and too many of them have no real place in the story. Like I can't even remember all their names and I've been following this show as long as you have.

I think you're just giving the show too much credit.

Part of the problem is that there are WAY too many characters. Like way way too many and too many of them have no real place in the story. Like I can't even remember all their names and I've been following this show as long as you have.

I think you're just giving the show too much credit.

The series is 356 episodes long, of course there are going to be a ton of characters introduced so that it doesn't become stale. The same can be said for Naruto and One Piece but I don't see people bringing up that complaint against those shows. I'm not giving Bleach too much credit, just relaying my experience.

MikeMyers

Finally finished Bleach (it goes up to episode 356) on crunchy roll. Reflecting on the series, Bleach
is an anime that I've grown up with over the years. I can still vividly remember the day I watched my first fansub on youtube back in 2005, right around the time Naruto was becoming HUGE in Japan. I used to be really into anime during my high school days but pretty much stopped watching entirely once I went off to college in 2008. Still though, Bleach was the one series that I continued to watch religiously. Now that the series is over (for now), I have come to realize just how deep my connections to these characters are. I feel like I've grown up alongside them over the years and have a vested interest in everything that they do. Heck, I'm not afraid to admit that I got teary eyed once the montage/credits started to roll at the end. People give Bleach/Kubo a lot of shit over the story, which admittedly can be a tad nonsensical at times, but I feel like most popular shounen are like that anyways. To me, Bleach had the best animation which makes the fight scenes look absolutely stunning. The music was epic as well, I can't think of a better soundtrack in the past 10 years. Also, I love the premise, it was fresh and original back in the day when the industry felt a little stagnant (in my eyes). Bon voyage Bleach, you will always hold a special place in my heart.

Just wondering, did you skip fillers or watch them?

I finished Soul Eater over 2 years ago and the animation isn't as nice as Bleach in my opinion

gw-mediapreview.phpurlhttp3A2F2Fi142.photobucket.com2Falbums2Fr812Fturkoediz2Feddiemurphywtfgif.gif

I'm not sure if you don't believe me or don't agree with my statement, not trying to be snarky at all but at least put some effort into posting and give some context because it's hard to have a conversation when you just get a gif response lol.

Soul Eater has been on netflix forever, I marathoned through the series back in the spring of 2011. Now I'm no expert but since Bleach has been one of Japan's most popular anime franchises over the past 8 years, it's reasonable to suspect that it has a larger budget than most other shows (including Soul Eater when it ran). To me, the production in Bleach is clearly a step above what you see in Soul Eater. The animation, especially during the fight scenes, just looks better to me. It's not a huge difference though, they both look good *shrugs*

I think some people here need to take off the bleach hate blinders and look at things from a more balanced perspective. Not calling anyone out but when a group of posters consistently trash the show no matter what every single weekend, it creates a negative environment. I'm not saying their opinions aren't justified (to each their own), but I do believe some people here just go with the flow instead of having their own thoughts.

Bleach's battles generally have less going on than Soul Eater, they're a lot less stylish, and they're simply not as fluid. it's not even really a problem exclusive to Bleach, either; all the long-running shows seem to have this similar style of animation that pales in comparison to something like Soul Eater. i like One Piece a lot, but that doesn't mean i'm going to hold it up as one of the best-animated shows on the block when it isn't even close.

Bleach's battles generally have less going on than Soul Eater, they're a lot less stylish, and they're simply not as fluid. it's not even really a problem exclusive to Bleach, either; all the long-running shows seem to have this similar style of animation that pales in comparison to something like Soul Eater. i like One Piece a lot, but that doesn't mean i'm going to hold it up as one of the best-animated shows on the block when it isn't even close.

How do Bleach's battles have "less going on" than Soul Eater's? That doesn't make any sense to me, can you please explain? I would argue that they are more stylish and the animation is more fluid but ultimately that is subjective unless we have a frame by frame breakdown, so lets not even dwell on that.

One Piece looks outdated compared to both.

Alright, here are my thoughts. The animation of Bleach fights are very "safe". The camera stays in one set, far off angle. Very static. And there's nothing wrong with that. Some people like that kind of animation and it works for them. Soul Eater's battle animations are more fluid. The animators put the camera at various angles throughout the fight and move it constantly so that you're not just a far-off spectator. You're actually moving around in the battlefield with the characters. The choreography, to me, is also way more interesting in Soul Eater.

Alright, here are my thoughts. The animation of Bleach fights are very "safe". The camera stays in one set, far off angle. Very static. And there's nothing wrong with that. Some people like that kind of animation and it works for them. Soul Eater's battle animations are more fluid. The animators put the camera at various angles throughout the fight and move it constantly so that you're not just a far-off spectator. You're actually moving around in the battlefield with the characters. The choreography, to me, is also way more interesting in Soul Eater.

this is pretty much exactly what i was going to type.

and of course there's the part where Soul Eater, so far, has not generally fallen into the attack/talk/talk/talk/attack rhythm that Bleach and some other similar shows do

I agree that the choreography is better in Soul Eater, characters use their whole bodies to fight instead of just clashing swords and the angles are dynamic so I guess I can see how some people would say the it feels more fluid. I disagree about the camera angles being static in Bleach though. They mix it up but with the amount of fights you see due to Bleach being 356 episodes long, it probably seems like more of the same more often than not. I enjoy both shows a lot though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

It probably really helps to grow along side a show, too. For me, I feel like Bleach just gives background characters enough development in order to justify "oh, that's why they're still on the show!", and never really goes much further. Even with all the anime filler that focuses on the extra cast (which I personally enjoy a lot of, actually), it still feels like the work is over-bloated, and it would just be better for Kubo to have introduced half as many characters, and spent more time making those that remain better-developed.

For example, I found it great to learn about Orihime's brother, her messy family issues, and her dependence on her friends in school, early on. She was a pretty girl, with a likeable personality, but she had more issues than a general character of her type would ever face. And what's done with all that, up to where we are now on Toonami? Well... she really loves Ichigo! Who, in shonen mega-style, will never really reciprocate those feeling very well. But so much of her story and history barely exist right now; she's just a plot device, the damsel in distress.

I always liked how Ichigo's sisters also remind me of Orihime and Tatsuki; it's a subtle little hint towards how much he loves his family (and how nice a guy he really is) to see him basically try to replicate them with his choice of friends. Classmates thought of him as a potential delinquent, but so many episodes of him helping waywards spirits, and saving his friends without them even knowing, proved to the audience that he was much more.

But this all seems to taper off as the story goes on, and instead of exploring facets of these initial truths, it's like the characters get stuck in a loop of going through the same revelations over and over, just with bigger window-dressing. It becomes too much about power-levels, and not as much about the people behind them. Though it really, REALLY tries, with the "Heres a backstory before the finishing blow!" thing. By that time, it's too little, too late. Actually, in this case, it might be too MUCH, too late, as I like what they show, but it feels like a waste. Develop the guy 5 min before they're no longer significant!

Compared to something like FMA (both series) where I feel most of the cast has me wishing they all got their own shows by the end, due to their effective personal character growth... Bleach just feels kinda pedestrian.

And the "danger" is SO FALSE AND FORCED in the show, too! No one ever really dies, regardless of how incredibly powerful everyone is. "I COULD DESTROY REALITY! But... I can't permanently get rid of low-tier underlings, or of anyone of consequence!"

Most of the real deaths are the ones that happen outside the current stories (except maybe Kaname?); with such a large cast, being reminded that these powerful characters are a real threat, all throught the story, would have helped sell the action a lot more. I now laugh each time I see Renji "die"; His hair gets all loose, spreading 300% times longer than it usually is, and he spouts blood 20 feet into the sky... but HE'S OK! (again!) People get hurt, and we feel for them, but the wounds don't even really do anything! They'll often be fighting again in the same battle.

I guess thems just the breaks with shonen though.
I don't really understand how the Eneru Arch in One Piece gets away with the fact that NOONE HE "Killer" STAYED DEAD! That was quite disappointing, really.
I remember when I first saw the series at an anime club on a local college campus, and it's music and style instantly attracted me, I couldn't stop humming the first OT! I don't think the show even resembles what I thought of it back then...

I finished Soul Eater over 2 years ago and the animation isn't as nice as Bleach in my opinion

It's fine to have opinions, but this is factually incorrect. Bleach has very pedestrian animation; I can't even really recall any good animation from it (although there might be some sequences I'm forgetting). Soul Eater, on the other hand, is widely praised for its excellent animation. If you compare the fluid motion of Soul Eater to Bleach, where most characters just stand around without moving, there isn't any comparison.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I'm not sure if you don't believe me or don't agree with my statement, not trying to be snarky at all but at least put some effort into posting and give some context because it's hard to have a conversation when you just get a gif response lol.

Soul Eater has been on netflix forever, I marathoned through the series back in the spring of 2011. Now I'm no expert but since Bleach has been one of Japan's most popular anime franchises over the past 8 years, it's reasonable to suspect that it has a larger budget than most other shows (including Soul Eater when it ran). To me, the production in Bleach is clearly a step above what you see in Soul Eater. The animation, especially during the fight scenes, just looks better to me. It's not a huge difference though, they both look good *shrugs*

I think some people here need to take off the bleach hate blinders and look at things from a more balanced perspective. Not calling anyone out but when a group of posters consistently trash the show no matter what every single weekend, it creates a negative environment. I'm not saying their opinions aren't justified (to each their own), but I do believe some people here just go with the flow instead of having their own thoughts.

4DAL2DT.png

It's fine to have opinions, but this is factually incorrect. Bleach has very pedestrian animation; I can't even really recall any good animation from it (although there might be some sequences I'm forgetting). Soul Eater, on the other hand, is widely praised for its excellent animation. If you compare the fluid motion of Soul Eater to Bleach, where most characters just stand around without moving, there isn't any comparison.

This post...I don't even...

tumblr_mkjtvwS8D51raqntvo1_400.gif

If it is factually incorrect then provide some facts because all you did was post an opinion and then use the opinion of other unnamed sources to justify yours and brush aside mine. Like I said, this is all subjective unless we do a frame by frame breakdown comparison of Soul Eater and the newest Bleach episodes. Obviously that is not going to happen.

Is this a serious argument? Weren't we just shitting on Naruto last weekend for their derp faces? You can find instances of bad animation in almost any show, but it's funny that you took one from Bleach circa 2006.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ohh, fight convo! Bleach filler fights feel a lot more like "generic anime battle", in that they repeat certain scenes a lot, and are obviously on a budget. The characters OVER EXPLAIN EVERYTHING, because doing mouth-animation on plainly-drawn stills is money-saving. They also pull the fight out way too long, also to stretch budget by reusing scenes; they're not snappy, they just continually exist for far too long.

The "Title Fights" of Bleach are pretty good, but I'd still say they seem to have less actual animation than SE's on average; They have some much better moments than the majority of the series, but they're rather brief, and the show still uses it's "paned out shot that shows environmental destruction" bit a bit too often, even in the best moments.

Soul Eater's overall are more concise, and they hide their limited budget with impressive-as-possible looking stills, with much more dynamic, well drawn poses and angles, rather than looping animation. They don't drag on battles for nearly as long (thus, when they have a fight, more budget can be focused on what actually happens), and they weave in comedy / danger much better, personally.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ohh, fight convo! Bleach filler fights feel a lot more like "generic anime battle", in that they repeat certain scenes a lot, and are obviously on a budget. The characters OVER EXPLAIN EVERYTHING, because doing mouth-animation on plainly-drawn stills is money-saving. They also pull the fight out way too long, also to stretch budget by reusing scenes; they're not snappy, they just continually exist for far too long.

The "Title Fights" of Bleach are pretty good, but I'd still say they seem to have less actual animation than SE's on average; They have some much better moments than the majority of the series, but they're rather brief, and the show still uses it's "paned out shot that shows environmental destruction" bit a bit too often, even in the best moments.

Soul Eater's overall are more concise, and they hide their limited budget with impressive-as-possible looking stills, with much more dynamic, well drawn poses and angles, rather than looping animation. They don't drag on battles for nearly as long (thus, when they have a fight, more budget can be focused on what actually happens), and they weave in comedy / danger much better, personally.

The bolded is more due to the horrid pacing of the manga than anything else.

It probably really helps to grow along side a show, too. For me, I feel like Bleach just gives background characters enough development in order to justify "oh, that's why they're still on the show!", and never really goes much further. Even with all the anime filler that focuses on the extra cast (which I personally enjoy a lot of, actually), it still feels like the work is over-bloated, and it would just be better for Kubo to have introduced half as many characters, and spent more time making those that remain better-developed.

For example, I found it great to learn about Orihime's brother, her messy family issues, and her dependence on her friends in school, early on. She was a pretty girl, with a likeable personality, but she had more issues than a general character of her type would ever face. And what's done with all that, up to where we are now on Toonami? Well... she really loves Ichigo! Who, in shonen mega-style, will never really reciprocate those feeling very well. But so much of her story and history barely exist right now; she's just a plot device, the damsel in distress.

I always liked how Ichigo's sisters also remind me of Orihime and Tatsuki; it's a subtle little hint towards how much he loves his family (and how nice a guy he really is) to see him basically try to replicate them with his choice of friends. Classmates thought of him as a potential delinquent, but so many episodes of him helping waywards spirits, and saving his friends without them even knowing, proved to the audience that he was much more.

But this all seems to taper off as the story goes on, and instead of exploring facets of these initial truths, it's like the characters get stuck in a loop of going through the same revelations over and over, just with bigger window-dressing. It becomes too much about power-levels, and not as much about the people behind them. Though it really, REALLY tries, with the "Heres a backstory before the finishing blow!" thing. By that time, it's too little, too late. Actually, in this case, it might be too MUCH, too late, as I like what they show, but it feels like a waste. Develop the guy 5 min before they're no longer significant!

Compared to something like FMA (both series) where I feel most of the cast has me wishing they all got their own shows by the end, due to their effective personal character growth... Bleach just feels kinda pedestrian.

And the "danger" is SO FALSE AND FORCED in the show, too! No one ever really dies, regardless of how incredibly powerful everyone is. "I COULD DESTROY REALITY! But... I can't permanently get rid of low-tier underlings, or of anyone of consequence!"

Most of the real deaths are the ones that happen outside the current stories (except maybe Kaname?); with such a large cast, being reminded that these powerful characters are a real threat, all throught the story, would have helped sell the action a lot more. I now laugh each time I see Renji "die"; His hair gets all loose, spreading 300% times longer than it usually is, and he spouts blood 20 feet into the sky... but HE'S OK! (again!) People get hurt, and we feel for them, but the wounds don't even really do anything! They'll often be fighting again in the same battle.

I guess thems just the breaks with shonen though.
I don't really understand how the Eneru Arch in One Piece gets away with the fact that NOONE HE "Killer" STAYED DEAD! That was quite disappointing, really.
I remember when I first saw the series at an anime club on a local college campus, and it's music and style instantly attracted me, I couldn't stop humming the first OT! I don't think the show even resembles what I thought of it back then...

Valid complaints all around, this is a really good post. I think the story development of side characters that took place early on bogged down as Ichigo spent more and more time fulfilling his substitute shinigami duties. After this arc it starts to go back towards the direction you like, but never hits the high points of character development we saw early on.

People will start dying, just be patient.

This post...I don't even...

tumblr_mkjtvwS8D51raqntvo1_400.gif

If it is factually incorrect then provide some facts because all you did was post an opinion and then use the opinion of other unnamed sources to justify yours and brush aside mine. Like I said, this is all subjective unless we do a frame by frame breakdown comparison of Soul Eater and the newest Bleach episodes. Obviously that is not going to happen.

There are facts involved with animation. Unlike when discussing art style alone, some animation is simply better than others in terms of the fluidity of movement.

Here is a video which showcases the amazing animation in Soul Eater (spoilers for stuff that hasn't aired on Toonami yet, but the video is in chronological order). There isn't a single scene in 350+ episodes of Bleach that has animation on par with any of the scenes shown in that video.

You're entitled to believe that Bleach looks better. That's a subjective argument, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But you can't argue that Bleach has better animation. That's an easily refuted argument.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The bolded is more due to the horrid pacing of the manga than anything else.

So, Bleach fights have horrid pacing because the original delivery of Bleach fights... also have horrible pacing!

I can't really tell if there was ever a time in Manga where I felt fight scenes lasted too long... I haven't read much of Bleach, you see. But thinking back over Sorcerer Hunters, Gunsmith Cars, Tenchi Muyo, Negima!, Magic Knight Rayearth when it was in MIXXZINE... I never felt it amongst my graphic novels, or separate manga.

I wonder how I'd feel with modern Bleach manga...

Valid complaints all around, this is a really good post. I think the story development of side characters that took place early on bogged down as Ichigo spent more and more time fulfilling his substitute shinigami duties. After this arc it starts to go back towards the direction you like, but never hits the high points of character development we saw early on.

People will start dying, just be patient.

Good thing I'm patient with shows, especially "free" anime like this.
I purchased all of Tenchi GXP at 20/30 bucks a disk, so I'm sure I can survive much better than most here!

I did take a peek into one of the latest domestic Bleach Manga one night at Wal-Mart, so I am looking forward to what comes next. I hope the series can "end" on a high note, I'd like to remember it overall as something special, in at least some ways!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom