• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

Let me introduce you to Mr. Naruto Shippuden (with a stretch of on-off filler eps that necessitated an entire joke-opening just for them.)

I seriously thought it was something off NicoNico until I actually reached the episodes it started. I went "NOPE" and skipped ahead, lol. So bizarre.

Good song though.

They needed a joke opening after, what I thought was a slightly saddening opening. That whole arc was such a god damn tease.

So One Piece is going to be the 1PM slot right? Seems like it should do pretty well for itself just from Bleach/Naruto carry over

Is there something about Toonami that you need to tell the rest of us?

Soul Eater over a million!

pbpyYLr.gif

I guess Black Star brings in the viewers *rageface*

Soul Eater over 1 million. So proud. On the other hand though, we have Thundercats stealing IGPX's thunder (no pun intended). Seriously, who thought it was a good idea leaving one of the Reruns up there to shit things up? So stupid.

Raxus

Soul Eater over 1 million. So proud. On the other hand though, we have Thundercats stealing IGPX's thunder (no pun intended). Seriously, who thought it was a good idea leaving one of the Reruns up there to shit things up? So stupid.

Their long term reasoning makes sense. Why shuffle the schedule up when you are only going to reshuffle it in 3 weeks. This way only Tcats and Soul Eater are shifted when Tenchi finally returns to the hellpit it came from.

Their long term reasoning makes sense. Why shuffle the schedule up when you are only going to reshuffle it in 3 weeks. This way only Tcats and Soul Eater are shifted when Tenchi finally returns to the hellpit it came from.

Stop being all reasonable and shit, Raxus. Let's get angry!

Seda

I do like the bump that GMN pointed out that says something like "Seina's not supposed to be here!".

Fits pretty well I say.

NeoToonami TOM looks like shit
He does, and his voice actor sucked, but their block was the fan motivation for Toonami and all of the shows. IGPX, Soul Eater, One Piece, Xmen, Gurren Lagaan, all of that was shown on there. Fan Project got handled. :'(

I do like the bump that GMN pointed out that says something like "Seina's not supposed to be here!".

Fits pretty well I say.

Lol, I love when they do that. NIC & Funi are staring like " dah fuc. "

Man, I want to watch more One Piece, but I have to adhere to my schedule. Must...resist. Sidenote: The OT is looking good. Great job, ASSauLTxMasTER and Seda.

Jintor

Forgot, NeoToonami came to an end :(
Lol, I don't if you guys noticed, but they try SO MUCH to hide the fact that it's GXP and not the regular Tenchi Muyo.

I will admit, that's a hype as fuck way to go out. I only wish Toonami could have all those fucking shows.

This video is maybe a bit too fucking long though.

Thanks, ASSauLTxMasTER! We are now new and improved ToonamiGAF.

Man, I want to watch more One Piece, but I have to adhere to my schedule. Must...resist. Sidenote: The OT is looking good. Great job, ASSauLTxMasTER and Seda.

Thanks for fixing my terrible time fonts ASSauLT :)

YouCanDoIt. YCDI. ( idk ) Thanks!! & Your Welcome!!
I will admit, that's a hype as fuck way to go out. I only wish Toonami could have all those fucking shows.

This video is maybe a bit too fucking long though.

Gotta go out with that bang. They accomplished teh dream.

Adults 18-49 (for the whole night, Bleach beat out BD and BD)

1. Cleveland Show, 10:30 PM – 0.81
2. Family Guy, 10 PM – 0.80
3. Family Guy, 9:30 PM – 0.55
4. Bleach, 12 AM – 0.52
5. Boondocks, 11:30 PM – 0.51
6. Black Dynamite, 11 PM – 0.47
7. Naruto, 12:30 AM – 0.47
8. Soul Eater, 1 AM – 0.44
9. Thundercats, 1:30 AM – 0.38
10. IGPX, 2 AM – 0.32
11. Venture Brothers, 9 PM – 0.31
12. Tenchi Muyo! GXP, 3 AM – 0.30
13. Eureka 7, 2:30 AM – 0.29
14. Full Metal Alchemist, 4 AM – 0.28
15. Sym-Bionic Titan, 3:30 AM – 0.27
16. InuYasha, 5 AM – 0.26
17. Cowboy Bebop, 4:30 AM – 0.25
18. InuYasha, 5:30 AM – 0.22

percentage of viewers 18-49

Bleach - 54%
Naruto - 52%
Soul Eater - 52%
Thundercats - 53%
IGPX - 48%
Eureka Seven - 51%
Tenchi Muyo GXP - 51%
Sym-Bionic Titan - 48%
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - 52%
Cowboy Bebop - 52%
InuYasha - 51%
InuYasha - 45%

I need your help once again, Toonami-GAF. I've tried looking for a big version of the little Toonami nuclear symbol logo thing, but I can't find one. Can someone help me out? Sidenote: Does anyone have the ratings for Nicktoon's DBZ movie night? Wanna see how the block did against that.

LycanXIII

I need your help once again, Toonami-GAF. I've tried looking for a big version of the little Toonami nuclear symbol logo thing, but I can't find one. Can someone help me out? Sidenote: Does anyone have the ratings for Nicktoon's DBZ movie night? Wanna see how the block did against that.

Old symbol or new?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Bojack Unbound at 12:00am - 202K
Broly, the Legendary Super Saiyan at 1:00am - 173K
Cooler's Revenge at 2:30am - 170K

To be fair, Nicktoons is a digital cable channel while Cartoon Network/Adult Swim is basic cable. CN is available in more homes.

So cleaning up the earlier numbers for 18-49:

Black Dynamite, 11 PM – 470k
Boondocks, 11:30 PM – 510k

Bleach 12 AM – 520k
Naruto, 12:30 AM – 470k
Soul Eater, 1 AM – 440k
Thundercats, 1:30 AM - 380k
IGPX, 2 AM – 320k
Eureka 7, 2:30 AM – 290k
Tenchi Muyo! GXP, 3 AM – 300k
Sym-Bionic Titan, 3:30 AM – 270k
Full Metal Alchemist, 4 AM – 280k
Cowboy Bebop, 4:30 AM – 250k
InuYasha, 5 AM – 260k
InuYasha, 5:30 AM – 220k

Observations:
Good job of [adult swim] shows to lead-in for TOONAMI
Not good numbers for IGPX premiere, being sandwiched by 2 poor shows doesn't help.
as long as Soul Eater stays above 400k that's fine
stunned GXP is getting over 250k

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So cleaning up the earlier numbers for 18-49:

Black Dynamite, 11 PM – 470k
Boondocks, 11:30 PM – 510k

Bleach 12 AM – 520k
Naruto, 12:30 AM – 470k
Soul Eater, 1 AM – 440k
Thundercats, 1:30 AM - 380k
IGPX, 2 AM – 320k
Eureka 7, 2:30 AM – 290k
Tenchi Muyo! GXP, 3 AM – 300k
Sym-Bionic Titan, 3:30 AM – 270k
Full Metal Alchemist, 4 AM – 280k
Cowboy Bebop, 4:30 AM – 250k
InuYasha, 5 AM – 260k
InuYasha, 5:30 AM – 220k

Observations:
Good job of [adult swim] shows to lead-in for TOONAMI
Not good numbers for IGPX premiere, being sandwiched by 2 poor shows doesn't help.
as long as Soul Eater stays above 400k that's fine
stunned GXP is getting over 250k

IGPX held on well considering it's lead in. Once OP or Soul Eater leads in it should be better.

Seda

As a viewer who has no idea what he's talking about and has nothing to substantiate my opinion, I still think IGPX should have had Thundercats spot and then moved down.

But oh well.

so, ranking the One Piece arcs now that i've finished Drum Island.

Arlong Park
Drum Island
Baratie
Whiskey Peak
Little Garden
Laboon
Logue Town
Captain Kuro
Buggy
Captain Morgan
Apis

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
so, ranking the One Piece arcs now that i've finished Drum Island.

Arlong Park
Drum Island
Baratie
Whiskey Peak
Little Garden
Laboon
Logue Town
Captain Kuro
Buggy
Captain Morgan
Apis

LABOON!! LABOOOOOOOOOON!!!!
That arc gets retroactively better due to later developments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom