• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The third opening starts around 115 and it's definitely not as annoying as the third and doesn't have anything dubbed as weirdly as "wonderland".

People watching for the first time should also probably skip the 3rd opening until they get to 131 unless they want a massive spoiler.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The fifth opening, which is exactly where toonami is picking up, is the best opening.

Did they finally get around to dubbing it? Not that it matters as the Japanese version is going to be better almost by default.

I like all the English openings and most of the endings, though the fourth one does grate after awhile.

No, they never got to dubbing it. It's very likely that they won't dub any more themes because Toei has gotten kind of crazy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It was basically what, a two year spoiler for anyone who lived in Japan for the most popular manga in the entire world?

Don't you hate that?

Toei's view on spoilers is...odd, to say the least. Later on, they even have some massive spoilers for events right in the episode title.

"Luffy spoils everything that happens in this episode! You should probably have read the manga!" (to put it like a Toei episode title)

Toei's view on spoilers is...odd, to say the least. Later on, they even have some massive spoilers for events right in the episode title.

"Luffy spoils everything that happens in this episode! You should probably have read the manga!" (to put it like a Toei episode title)

i always laugh when InuYasha does that

BatDan

It was basically what, a two year spoiler for anyone who lived in Japan for the most popular manga in Japan and only Japan?

Fixed that...
Let's be real here, as much as I don't want to admit it, One Piece is only a massive success in Japan. Outside of it, it's really along the lines of a cult series. A cult series that's 1000 times longer than most cult series.
I think it's pretty successful in Italy, but I'm not sure as I don't live there.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fixed that...
Let's be real here, as much as I don't want to admit it, One Piece is only a massive success in Japan. Outside of it, it's really along the lines of a cult series. A cult series that's 1000 times longer than most cult series.
I think it's pretty successful in Italy, but I'm not sure as I don't live there.

Manga being a mainly Japanese thing makes up most of the market one would think.

Seda

kung fu dugongs.....

well alright then

Pretty sure I had some weird expression on my face seeing those goofballs.

And an even weirder expression after meeting the (minor spoiler)
"Super Sonic Duck Squadron"
:/

Aww man. I missed One Piece music talk? Whatever. I just want to say that the 3rd opening is my favorite. Luckily for me, I already knew about the spoiler in that opening from the last time I watched One Piece. Sucks for those that didn't.

Raxus

Up to One Piece episode 53

Fuck that Dragon guy for stopping an awesome fight between Luffy and Capt. Smoker

wxTHv.png

Oh man I can't wait for One Piece to start. I am typing the summary up to 206 this week. Hopefully it will be up within the week. Glad so many people are enjoying the series.

I know it is early for title changes but can I suggest Toonami |OT4| Who ready for One Piece? We Are!

Anyone thought of putting links to old TOONAMI OTs in the first post of the new thread for connectivity purposes?

Not a bad idea, here's the list, in case Seda wants to do it, all he has to do is copy/paste:

Previously on Toonami-GAF:
Toonami on right now!? Is this an April Fool's troll?
|OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?
|OT2| Time to Push the Button
|OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Funny how that April Fools thread title sounds like an episode title for Soul Eater or Inuyasha.

Seda

Not a bad idea, here's the list, in case Seda wants to do it, all he has to do is copy/paste:

Previously on Toonami-GAF:
Toonami on right now!? Is this an April Fool's troll?
|OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?
|OT2| Time to Push the Button
|OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Funny how that April Fools thread title sounds like an episode title for Soul Eater or Inuyasha.

Why not?

I'm lazy and have a request. If anybody wants to make some sort of 'separator' graphic in the same style and the main banner to separate my sections (rather than just -------) you'll be my best friend. Or maybe the dashes work fine? I dunno, really doesn't matter I guess

And yes I'll probably request a one week title change for One Piece's Toonami debut

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
my favorite was "Go Back to Your Own Time Kagome".

which happens within the last two minutes.

My favorite Inuyasha episode title is from extremely late in the series.

"Final Battle at the Graveside! Sesshomaru vs. Inuyasha"

I didn't put it in spoiler tags because NOTHING in that title is actually true.

I'm lazy and have a request. If anybody wants to make some sort of 'separator' graphic in the same style and the main banner to separate my sections (rather than just -------) you'll be my best friend. Or maybe the dashes work fine? I dunno, really doesn't matter I guess

I'd say you don't even need the dashes. The text images do the job of separating the sections well enough.

Necrovex

If it was the 4kids dun I would say instantly. The Funimation dub is great though. Screw the haters.

Funimation dub is top notch. But I think most of their work tends to be of high quality.

And I am going to start reading the manga of Naruto and One Piece. The animes have burnt me out with their pacing problems. Plus Flower of Evil, Attack on Titan, and Scott Pilgrim are bringing me back to the manga medium.

BatDan

Funimation dub is top notch. But I think most of their work tends to be of high quality.

And I am going to start reading the manga of Naruto and One Piece. The animes have burnt me out with their pacing problems. Plus Flower of Evil, Attack on Titan, and Scott Pilgrim are bringing me back to the manga medium.

You might want to also consider the Soul Eater manga since the anime is only 51 episodes with divergence around Episode 36/37. The manga is still on-going.

Necrovex

You might want to also consider the Soul Eater manga since the anime is only 51 episodes with divergence around Episode 36/37. The manga is still on-going.

I still haven't seen Soul Eater. I am not up late enough to watch it (primary reason is the lack of cable in my room).

Azure J

All you guys marathoning One Piece through episode 206 are making me eagerly want to do the same. Stop it. I already watched all of that already! :lol

MikeMyers

My favorite Inuyasha episode title is from extremely late in the series.

"Final Battle at the Graveside! Sesshomaru vs. Inuyasha"

I didn't put it in spoiler tags because NOTHING in that title is actually true.

Which one is that? Is it when
Sesshomaru shows up at his dads place, and punches InuYasha?

Wait, whut? Late, late One Piece spoilers. If you're not at least Metatron level of knowledgeable about One Piece, don't look.
So I was reading on the wiki about Blackbeard and it turns out he can use two devil fruit powers. How did this happen? I know he apparently stole the powers, but how exactly did he do that?

789shadow

Banned
Wait, whut? Late, late One Piece spoilers. If you're not at least Metatron level of knowledgeable about One Piece, don't look.
So I was reading on the wiki about Blackbeard and it turns out he can use two devil fruit powers. How did this happen? I know he apparently stole the powers, but how exactly did he do that?
Unknown.

Bio-Frost

So I have a big task to undertake. I have only seen the first 2 episodes of one Piece. So me and my Fiancee want to try and catch up before it airs on toonami. Thing is, we are also trying to go though DBZ as she has never seen it before.(We already went though all of the original Dragon Ball)

Not sure if we should put DBZ on hold or try and go though both switching back and forth every few episodes.

789shadow

Banned
So I have a big task to undertake. I have only seen the first 2 episodes of one Piece. So me and my Fiancee want to try and catch up before it airs on toonami. Thing is, we are also trying to go though DBZ as she has never seen it before.(We already went though all of the original Dragon Ball)

Not sure if we should put DBZ on hold or try and go though both switching back and forth every few episodes.
Put DBZ on hold, it isn't going anywhere.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I just saw the most incredible use of talk no jutsu ever in the Pain arc :O

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Skip DBZ, just watch DBZAbridged instead. Same shit, but 1000% better.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I just saw the most incredible use of talk no jutsu ever in the Pain arc :O

Absolutely loved that. It's unfortunately rare in the genre that
the big bad and the hero just reconcile at the end of the fight (and not in a begrudging way, ala Vegeta.)
It also meant something (see: a lot) considering the entire arc (and some would say series) is based on
Jiraiya's ideals, and seeing those in action with his pupil Naruto fighting against his former pupils who rejected it just took it to a whole new level. The whole story of the origins of Akatsuki, Nagato, Yahiko, and Konan is really heartfelt and tragic.

Gonna hop in and then hop out. I see the One Piece discussion is going on and the Toonami thread history.

2 weeks till One Piece, gonna get ready for that opening 5, got to upload it. Now, onto my Possible Toonami-Edit ideas >_>

I'm surprised that you guys don't like some of the endings. Sure, Watashi ga Iru Yo (ending 3) is pretty bad, but I found every other ending to range from good to amazing.

Shouchi no Suke (ending 4) and Shining Ray (ending 8) are among my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom