• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
Bah, its so much work to try and catch up for One Piece. But I guess I must push forward...

Also, that two week teaser promo was great, in my opinion.

Naruto is in the beginning of the Chunin Exam, tonight is the beginning of the test.
Bleach is at the tail-end of the Arrancar war with Aizen owning everybody.

I'd say the Soul Eater manga is worth checking out.

So Naruto is starting from the beginning but not One Piece? Huh, well whatever works for me I guess tonight I can start the best arc then quickly marathon the dub to catch up tomorrow. Also is anything else worth watching? I don't have much interest in the New Thunder Cats show, heard bad things here about GPX, and dunno the other two shows. All the reruns I've either seen before or read before.

Tamanon

Banned
So Naruto is starting from the beginning but not One Piece? Huh, well whatever works for me I guess tonight I can start the best arc then quickly marathon the dub to catch up tomorrow. Also is anything else worth watching? I don't have much interest in the New Thunder Cats show, heard bad things here about GPX, and dunno the other two shows. All the reruns I've either seen before or read before.

Shippuden is still with Disney, so better to start at the beginning than the years of filler that killed it originally.

Seda

Naruto Shippuden's rights are held by Disney. Starting from the beginning was really the only choice they had. Maybe in a few years they'll be able to get rights to the second part but that could be difficult.

I havent seen IGPX (it just started last week), views on it seem to be a bit all over the place. Some people here say it's fun, some say it's poor, some say it's simply boring or mediocre.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Sym-Bionic Titan is a must-see, even if it's short. Damn you Cartoon Network...

DO NOT watch Tenchi Muyo GXP. It's nothing like the original Tenchi, it's not funny and the characters aren't likeable. Thank fuck that next week is the final episode. I like to think of One Piece as a massive "we're sorry we're sorry we're sorry".

Soul Eater is great and IGPX seems decent so far (it comes on after New Thundercats). Sym-Bionic Titan is fantastic but it's on rather late. like 4am.

Seda

Oh this episode again
KuGsj.gif

Wait IGPX is an old show that used to be on Toonami that was made for Toonami specifically? Wow, so has anyone here actually seen the whole thing or did it not air or something?

Moaradin

IGPX seems fun so far after one episode. No idea where they go with it.

Yea, I really liked it. Last week was the first time I watched Soul Eater too and I liked what I saw. I really need to get caught up with that one of these days but One Piece comes first.

Seda

Wait IGPX is an old show that used to be on Toonami that was made for Toonami specifically? Wow, so has anyone here actually seen the whole thing or did it not air or something?

It was co-produced by Toonami/CN , and yes it aired all the way through. Now that I've seen the first episode, I'm fairly certain I caught a few episodes back when it was on but I never saw the series in sequence.

BatDan

I think I just learned why we're not as bothered by the original Tenchi as we are of GXP. Tenchi is a prince, so it makes sense for all these girls to want him. Seina Yamada is a worthless pile of crap that has shown no redeeming values but has these women flock to him.

Oh this episode again
KuGsj.gif

Such is the problem with having only 11 episodes. Season 2 can't come fast enough...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I think I just learned why we're not as bothered by the original Tenchi as we are of GXP. Tenchi is a prince, so it makes sense for all these girls to want him. Seina Yamada is a worthless pile of crap that has shown no redeeming values but has these women flock to him.

Such is the problem with having only 11 episodes. Season 2 can't come fast enough...

Tenchi also did not have every damn woman in the universe have the inexplicable desire to drop their panties and the merest sight of him. It breaks all credibility esepcally given that he is supposed to have bad luck. Even the show has called itself on this brand of stupid.

BatDan

Tenchi also did not have every damn woman in the universe have the inexplicable desire to drop their panties and the merest sight of him. It breaks all credibility esepcally given that he is supposed to have bad luck. Even the show has called itself on this brand of stupid.

This too. Women in Tenchi had a little thing called "restraint". Something other harem series could learn from.

His "bad luck" has been reduced to a background detail by this point. At first it was used for slapstick gags, but now it's "oh yeah, he's really unlucky or something... BOOBS!"

LycanXIII

At one point they said Funimation would be putting together some sort of recap but I wonder if that's still the case.

Yeah, we could still see it next week, but that seemed like it'd be as much as we get. Could have done a two week breakdown for it.

This too. Women in Tenchi had a little thing called "restraint". Something other harem series could learn from.

His "bad luck" has been reduced to a background detail by this point. At first it was used for slapstick gags, but now it's "oh yeah, he's really unlucky or something... BOOBS!"

Could use more NB :p

BatDan

Waitin', waitin'

Oooooo, a Stinkmeaner episode of Boondocks, I hope they include one of these in Season 4, even if it appears to be over with the group.

I don't know... they've already had three. A fourth would be running it into the ground.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Waitin', waitin'

Oooooo, a Stinkmeaner episode of Boondocks, I hope they include one of these in Season 4, even if it appears to be over with the group.

How would they even attempt to top the decapitation of Grand Master Bushido Brown, the greatest black karate man to ever live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom