• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
On the latest episode of Shippuden, Naruto fantasizes about Sasuke naked while in the bathhouse.

What.

Novid

Banned
Lol that WSJ article is pretty funny.

Im going to ask you guys a question. Was that WSJ piece a hit piece on DeMarco/CN at the time because of the Failure (or the massive difficulties) of Saban/Murdock had with Fox Family Worldwide? Because if you say no, then you really need to read the stories on why Toonami gave everybody in the industry (with, strangely the only one who wernt worried about Toonami, was 4Kids) major fits.

Im going to ask you guys a question. Was that WSJ piece a hit piece on DeMarco/CN at the time because of the Failure (or the massive difficulties) of Saban/Murdock had with Fox Family Worldwide? Because if you say no, then you really need to read the stories on why Toonami gave everybody in the industry (with, strangely the only one who wernt worried about Toonami, was 4Kids) major fits.

Story time? Story time.

Drago

One Piece goodie tonight, sweet. Hope no one gets spoiled!

I'm also half expecting to see Clydes tonight. The ambiguity of the tumblr post with the Clyde .gif and "tomorrow night..." makes me want to believe. We'll see!

it's not gonna happen :(

This swagmaster show up again att some point(currently rereawding the manga)

__hawk_eye___mihawk_by_yukinokarasu-d5bvon5.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if the One Piece 'goodie' will spoil anything past where I am before episode 207 :/

You're past Jaya which means that most everything really major on the "series plot" front that comes before where Toonami's starting is already behind you.

Epcott

Still sucks it's only one episode per week. Even if they do start at 207, we're nearly 400 episodes behind. They should have just aired it Monday through Friday instead of just Saturday.

Welp, at leat we got OP on Toonami. Hated Davey Back with a passion.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Have they addressed how they'll handle One Piece? Even if they do start at 207, we're nearly 400 episodes behind. They should have just aired it Monday through Friday instead of just Saturday.

When Bleach ends next year, maybe they'll air two a week instead of one.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Still sucks it's only one episode per week. Even if they do start at 207, we're nearly 400 episodes behind. They should have just aired it Monday through Friday instead of just Saturday.

Welp, at leat we got OP on Toonami. Hated Davey Back with a passion.

Davy Back is amazing.

Also the dub still isn't done with season six yet so they've got a long, long way to go. Funimation is only 150 episodes or so from having the entire show subbed though, so...progress!

Drago

Well, Davy Back Fight is adapted from the manga... at least three of the games are.
It was basically a canon filler arc though, right? Plus the anime added even more filler material to it. :/

OPs first 6 months are going to be a major slog, but at least the best story arc in the series comes after it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You might notice there's a slight update here on the Titan episode...

Tonight on Toonami, Ichigo learns (part of) the truth about his ancestry, the rookie 9 assemble and get some info on their opponents from another eager test taker named Kabuto, Tsubaki wages battle with Masamune, Lion-O makes a friend for life, Team Satomi hits the track against Team Sledgemama (is that really a team name?), Eureka gets a makeover while Holland tells Renton of his first love, Seina's class graduates but really who gives a shit, the Galalunians adopt Mushy/Tarax/497, Edward and Ling find themselves stuck with Envy, Spike goes to the dogs, and finally Inuyasha accidentally activates X-Factor.

12:00 - Bleach - 296 - The Shocking Truth...The Mysterious Power Within Ichigo!
12:30 - Naruto - 23 - Genin Takedown! All Nine Rookies Face Off!
1:00 - Soul Eater - 11 - Tsubaki, the Camellia Blossom – What Lies Beyond the Grief?
1:30 - Thundercats - 4 - Song of the Petalars
2:00 - IGPX - 2 - Win... or Lose
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 36 - Fantasia
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 25 - Graduation
3:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 9 - Tashy 497
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 25 - Doorway of Darkness
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 2 - Stray Dog Strut
5:00 - Inuyasha - 51 - Inuyasha's Soul, Devoured
5:30 - Inuyasha - 52 - The Demon's True Nature

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
2:00 - IGPX - 2 - Win... or Lose

Or... neither. :p

Tonight's episode of SE is totally awesome.

Excited for tonight's E7.

Looking forward to Bleach....'s opening.

At least they remind people to go to Funimation to catch up. I think I'm going to try. It'll be 7 episodes a day til then.

well from what I've been told, once you've got the characters down that's about the extent of what you need to know for the arc they're starting with, and at episode 97 i've seen 6 of the 7 people in that promo join the crew. i assume we don't necessarily have to make it to 206 by May 18 and can still play catch-up as the show starts airing with little consequence.

people who have seen the show feel free to correct me here.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
206 is a pretty good starting point. Most of the stuff before that is barely referenced (well until a batch of hey we're switching the broadcast over to HD filler from season one episodes in the middle of the next major arc)

You can basically jump in at the beginning of any arc before the timeskip and you'll be able to follow along.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
well from what I've been told, once you've got the characters down that's about the extent of what you need to know for the arc they're starting with, and at episode 97 i've seen 6 of the 7 people in that promo join the crew. i assume we don't necessarily have to make it to 206 by May 18 and can still play catch-up as the show starts airing with little consequence.

If you can make it to about 152 before Toonami starts, you're in good shape. If you've seen the rest by the time they get to 220, that would be ideal. Either way, make sure you're completely caught up by 227.

Seda

Episode 151 (I mentioned this earlier) seems to be pretty significant, but I doubt you'd be totally lost without seeing it.

summary of that episode, seriously dont read this unless you've already accepted that you aren't going to watch yourself in catching up.

We see the world government for the first time, they decided they have to stop the Straw Hats if they are going to upset the 'balance' maintained by the warlords. We meet 2 more of the warlords, Shanks is going to go after Whitebeard to get the governments attention, and Blackbeard is now also after Luffy.

I'm in the middle of Skypeia right now

EDIT: Meta beat me.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I've read it and just find it OK. Never saw the anime and that promo doesn't make me want to watch it.

Alabasta is one of my favorite arcs in the series.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing that would throw you off if you're not caught up when Toonami starts is that the Toonami run is going to begin with
the Going Merry flying pleasantly through the sky thanks to a giant floating hot air octopus
, which is pretty weird if you don't know the context or why it's there.

...Actually, it's pretty weird no matter how you slice it, I guess. Welcome to One Piece.

Man that looked so uninteresting to me.
It's not exactly easy to make a badass promo out of Davy Back Fight. :D

My first night being able to watch the New Toonami with you guys I'm really excited, I'm caught up on manga Naruto/Bleach so I guess I'll just have to wing it for wherever the anime is (Naruto is in filler and Bleach is Arracar war correct). Guess I'll check out Soul Eater to see if I want to marathon the manga.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
My first night being able to watch the New Toonami with you guys I'm really excited, I'm caught up on manga Naruto/Bleach so I guess I'll just have to wing it for wherever the anime is (Naruto is in filler and Bleach is Arracar war correct). Guess I'll check out Soul Eater to see if I want to marathon the manga.

Naruto is in the beginning of the Chunin Exam, tonight is the beginning of the test.
Bleach is at the tail-end of the Arrancar war with Aizen owning everybody.

I'd say the Soul Eater manga is worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom