• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LycanXIII

Story time from Demarco!

a576fea5da80bda0a8886f2b15e84569.png

5a13d26fffeb9cdd26c15fe6d675af72.png

The article:
BJYlG1SCcAAikHD.jpg

The promo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dim5m1LgHQ

Note: Yeah, I retweeted all of it just so I could get a pic of it from top to bottom instead of bottom to top.

if Toonami ever gets DBZ again, I need to hear Howard Parker read this line:

"Critics agree! It's 'Pokemon meets Pulp Fiction'!"

also, an audience of 1.7 million is the highest in the network's history? how far we've come.....

Seda

One Piece 146: Small thing

Is the bounty on Luffy (and Zoro's) head not consistent or is it actually that the raised bounty prices haven't reached Jaya yet?

Raxus

One Piece 146: Small thing

Is the bounty on Luffy (and Zoro's) head not consistent or is it actually that the raised bounty prices haven't reached Jaya yet?

The latter. As someone becomes more infamous the faster the news travels and higher the bounty goes.

Damn, that DBZ story. I believe that The CW has Kai as of now?

Presently, I watch Pokemon Black & White:Unova, is this dubbed from Funi or CN? ( Horrible question, but I hear Kid's voice right now. )

Novid

Banned
if Toonami ever gets DBZ again, I need to hear Howard Parker read this line:

"Critics agree! It's 'Pokemon meets Pulp Fiction'!"

also, an audience of 1.7 million is the highest in the network's history? how far we've come.....

no. how far CN has fallen.

Novid

Banned

Presently, I watch Pokemon Black & White:Unova, is this dubbed from Funi or CN? ( Horrible question, but I hear Kid's voice right now. )

CW has Kai, via Saban, which bought one half of 4Kids's properties. Funi still dubs the show, but network rights went to Saban.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Pokemon is officially dubbed by The Pokemon Company International, with the help of Viz. The reason you hear Todd Haberkorn is that he isn't exclusive to Funimation.

Pokemon is officially dubbed by The Pokemon Company International, with the help of Viz. The reason you hear Todd Haberkorn is that he isn't exclusive to Funimation.

I think he's talking about Kai. Pokemon is dubbed by the American branch of the Pokemon company and a dubbing studio called DuArt.

Ah ha, thought he worked for them alone. My mistake. But, of course, he has a role of someone trying hard to protect their rep right now.

Novid

Banned
Sweet ( lol 4Kids ), so, finally, a well-dubbed CN anime? Good faith, i'm tired of hearing those voices from Beyblade. -_-

*rolls eyes* sigh. lets do this again. 4Kids bought the rights for the broadcast version (CW, NOT CN) of Kai a year before they went bankrupt. A year later 4Kids went through chapter 11 - Konami bought parts of 4Kids, but since their a Video Game studio and NOT a TV one, Saban came and bought a majority of 4Kids master tapes and properties. Another part of the company became a Licensing arm, which is 4KLicensing. So there two companies (4KMedia, which Konami owns) and 4KLicensing which was once 4Kids USA. There is a 4Kids International which is based in London which still operates however.

And why, pray tell people don't know this information? Because Toonzone is in the pockets of both Disney and Nick (there webmasters are Married BTW) and ANN is retarded as fuck.

*rolls eyes* sigh. lets do this again. 4Kids bought the rights for the broadcast version (CW, NOT CN) of Kai a year before they went bankrupt. A year later 4Kids went through chapter 11 - Konami bought parts of 4Kids, but since their a Video Game studio and NOT a TV one, Saban came and bought a majority of 4Kids master tapes and properties. Another part of the company became a Licensing arm, which is 4KLicensing. So there two companies (4KMedia, which Konami owns) and 4KLicensing which was once 4Kids USA. There is a 4Kids International which is based in London which still operates however.

And why, pray tell people don't know this information? Because Toonzone is in the pockets of both Disney and Nick (there webmasters are Married BTW) and ANN is retarded as fuck.

Alright, I know about that. I just didn't know that you only answered half of my question at first.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Popo is blue and halos are glowing circles; the 4Kids legacy lives on

Don't forget the "Spirit Blast" and the "Galick Blast".
Just like how the Gum Gum Pistol became "Gum Gum Blast", and Gum Gum Gatling became "Gum Gum Rapid Fire"

Shinobes

Neo Member
So my cable provider (comcast) now starts Toonami at 1am instead of 10pm, they must have done this in the past couple weeks. Has anyone else had this happen? Anything I can do to fix it?

Shinobes

Neo Member
Switched to the west coast feed? That blows.

Yea, it usually started at 10pm like two weeks ago, mountain time. The thing is comcast still starts it at 10pm the next town over from me. Seems its only my city that got changed. Kinda makes it impossible for me to watch the whole thing now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Catching up on the shows I missed last week, and I had to go ahead and watch tonight's ep of Soul Eater. I was not prepared for something so totally awesome.

Anyways, up next is IGPX and then E7, maybe Naruto if I'm still interested.

I have realized that for some reason I've missed quite a bit of Soul Eater, like the eps that introduced Dr. Stein and Crona. Don't know how that happened. o_0

Cranzor

Going to spend some time watching One Piece before Toonami starts. I won't be able to watch a ton of episodes but that's okay.

EDIT: Anyone know why the dubbed versions of episodes 14-35 aren't available on Funimation's site or the One Piece site?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hope you're feeling better. I can't wait until May 18th. I can actually talk about a chunk of One Piece without spoiler text!

That was whenever the current episode was in the 450's. It was a nasty infection of all things. Worst part of my life but I feel great now!

My record was 21 hours in one day period.

EDIT: Anyone know why the dubbed versions of episodes 14-35 aren't available on Funimation's site or the One Piece site?

There's patches where dubbed episodes aren't available for whatever reason. I just hit another one near the end of the Drum Island arc that will last to around ep. 110, I believe. I just flip over to the subs.

LycanXIII

Going to spend some time watching One Piece before Toonami starts. I won't be able to watch a ton of episodes but that's okay.

I just got hit by that same jump on Hulu. Kind of disappointing, but I read up on it, and still remember its first run.

Seda

One Piece 151. Holy new characters, Batman

Doflamingo
Bartholomew Kuma
Blackbeard and his 4 pirates (he was in an earlier episode but not revealed who he was)
The admiral and vice-admiral
the world government council
Whitebeard revealed
Rockstar as part of Shank's group

Luffy's knockout punch on Bellamy was sweet

ckohler

As someone who seen very little One Piece, I'm looking forward to this preview. I'm guessing it's just going to be an announcement though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom