• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
jd9q2qz92emh_happy_face.png
Another Week, another Toonami Sketch Dump!

zlCfzQ-bZRU6P8ezH6

zlCfzQ-bhHE-te3_KR
zlCfzQ-bmtwzcgmhdL

zlCfzQ-bq0knei2MPP
zlCfzQ-bv40Il58-ET

zlCfzQ-b6aofwtPbKt
zlCfzQ-b_ZsCJf8-nX

zlCfzQ-cEZcanMkAPb
zlCfzQ-cHzsQfkIMXp

zlCfzQ-cRNEuuyrT7Y
zlCfzQ-cbxYA5U67iu

zlCfzQ-ce8Y7CAbb_W
zlCfzQ-cYbMrwT8WBP

Later.

Tenumi

Banned
Oops, I accidentally set my IGPX recording from 1:58 AM to 2:32 PM. Good thing I noticed it... 7 hours after it began recording...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning Toonami-GAF
Caught up on the shows I missed. IGPX is pretty interesting, animation is still great.

As for GXP... FIUKL:SDFJSDLKfjs;alkdfjasdlkfJSDF:Lkjal;fksjadl;fkjsadl;kfj l;kasdjfl;ksdfjcl;ak5tr34l;qkrtfjvkl;SDFjtlwe4k;fjl;awekrjakl;3

*clears throat* A fucking prince?! No! No! Bad show! Bad! Now the robot is in love with him?! BAD!
And seeing the four women leads cry over Seina... this is probably the most sexist show I've ever seen in my life.

I read what happens next week... and thus I made an Episode 27. A new pirate crew shows up and fucking murders everyone! They get off scot-free.

I'll stay up for next week's GXP. I need to be there live.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks a lot, guys! Lots of stipling and scenes last night, and I was glad to finally get to draw a Petelar, haha.

Watched all the One piece I needed to catch up to Toonami (Enel Arc), and then decided to watch watch closer to the newest eps (especially since I played Pirate Musou 1), so have been watching the Hoardy Jones saga unfold. Quite hype for the show being on Toonami!

Continued LoL at the reactions to GXP. This'll kinda be my 3rd time seeing it (Watched in both languages when purchased on DVD years ago), and between it, and Inuyasha last night, I actually appreciate the amount of emotions displayed by these characters, as in the fact that they actually SAID something, rather than just meandering about awkwardly forever.

One thing nice about Seina's story VS Tenchi's Originals is that the relationships kinda meet some ends; No One wants Seina's story to continue as a series anyway, so this is very good! ;)

I actually like Kiriko's arch with Seina, really; She's got the "Watched him grow up!" trait that REAL Ryoko had, the Royalty aspect of Ayeka, mixed with Washuu's "Observe all, with a somewhat motherly eye" outlook. It makes her feel like her own amalgamation, rather than a direct, failed clone of a "real" Tenchi Muyo Cast member.

I really wonder how things would go, if we eventually got War on Geminar... or what'd happen if they'd show some of the Tenchi-verse offshoot series (like El Hazard or DUAL!)...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It would have been interesting to see them get El-Hazard and they way they would deal with certain OVA continuity characters.

Seda

quick thoughts

Bleach: For me, looking up episode numbers where the flashbacks occurred last night really put in perspective just how long this has been dragged out. Ulquiorra and Yammy were introduced ~180 episodes ago? Grimmjow fight was ~130 episodes ago? Christ.

Naruto: I remember I wanted to drop the show around now when I watched for the first time, I really didn't like these written test episodes.

Soul Eater: Definitely one of the top episodes so far.

IGPX: The show is doing a good job of making Takashi unlikable. Still having fun with it, and it looks great. I don't expect the actual plot of the show to be exceptionally interesting given the setting but I'm wondering how things unfold.

Eureka 7: I do like how Eureka and Renton's relationship was put together. I think for me to be more sympathetic to Holland again, he needs to do something other than just talking nice to Renton, although that certainly doesn't hurt, there's definitely a contrast in their interactions from earlier in the series.

Inuyasha: I like where they have gone so far with this 'raged' Inuyasha concept, although I have to wonder why he never seemed to have these problems before getting Tetsusaiga.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Inuyasha: I like where they have gone so far with this 'raged' Inuyasha concept, although I have to wonder why he never seemed to have these problems before getting Tetsusaiga.
He always had the Tersusaiga, even when he didn't know he had it. It was in his eye, remember?

Let it be said, many things in the show storywise were well thought-out. The execution of said concepts at times... not the greatest. And of course the target demo is a factor.

ckohler

My thoughts about last night:

Bleach: Okay, I know I've missed like 200+ episodes so maybe I'm not allowed to complain but this show is bad. I remember watching the first 20 or so episodes and thinking it was an alright, albiet confusing, series. Now, it's gone beyond confusing to just incomprehensible. So many characters, terms, situations, places... none of which I have any idea who they are or where. That might not be so bad if the show was engaging or explained the basics. Instead, it's just 20 minute monologs using series specific terms that mean nothing to me. I have no idea what a "bankai" is, so why should I care? It'll be interesting to see if One Piece does a better job since I've missed like 150+ episodes of it as well. My guess is it'll fair better because it doesn't take itself as seriously. Bleach is so pretentious.

Naruto: While I'm not the biggest fan of this series, these early episodes are entertaining. I can't give two craps about Shippuoddddinerno or whatever. These early episodes and the characters that were introduced tonight are fun and interesting. I've seen parts of this arch and I remember enjoying the battles coming up.

Soul Eater: You guys should know by now that I think this series is god-tier and last night's episode was one of the best.

Thundercats: I remember really liking the Petalars episode. It showed a lot of promise for the series. It also introduced Panthro and the Thundertank so I was like "All right!" Of course, the series quality slowly starts going downhill from here out, imo. Also, the whole "they live a life in a day" thing wasn't consistant. Emerick kept aging in spurts.

IGPX: Still enjoying this series although I'm hoping we're past the lead character's emo phase. His ho-hum attitude is pretty grating. Liz (I think that's her name), the spunky dark skinned girl on the team, is still my favorite character. Although, my biggest issue with the show is that the actual races themselves are hard to follow. Stuff is just flying around, camera shaking, etc. I can't tell who's who. Maybe I'll get used to it.

EUREKA 7: This is another series I've not seen any episodes of so I'm kinda lost. However, I do find the show's style polished and the characters engaging enough to keep me watching. I read the wikipedia article and it got me up to speed enough to get the basic gist. Last night's episode was easy enough to follow. Except I think Eureka really needs some confidence slapped into her. :p

GXP: I've seen a number of harem shows but this one... god damn. It's an insult to women. Basically the wimp main character continues to get everything he could ever want literally dropped in his lap and he just cowers in fear... all while "beautiful" women throw themselves at him for no reason, what-so-ever. He has zero carisma or physical attractiveness and the female leads would probably commit suicide if he was killed because their entire lives seem to revolve around this idiot. I can't wait to see the final episode next week.

Sym-bionic Titan: Great series and great episode. I hadn't actually seen the end of this episode before and we're coming up on the time I stopped watching the series so I'm looking forward to future episodes. It's not my favorite series on the block or anything but it continues to be a quality show.

FMA: Brotherhood: I really like this show. If someone asked me to recommend a long anime series it'd definitely be a top pick. Things are building to a head and I'm enjoying the ride. Such a polished, creative series.

This is usually about the time I tune out. I've seen all of the Bebop episodes like 5 times so I'm not really interested in rewatching those. While R. Takahashi got me into anime with Ranma, I've never really liked Inuyasha enough to watch. I've seen quite a few episodes but only because it was on while flipping channels. It's okay but I'll be continuing to skip it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom