• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So the Toonami Waifu Wars begin
Andrex can have Cheetara and I'll take Liz or Tsubaki

Luckily Toonami will never have a full on waifu war since odds are they won't add TWGOK to the block. Thankfully, since we'd tear ourselves apart if they did.

Nearly halfway done with the One Piece episodes

Those Chopper flashbacks..... ;_____________;

And now a corny joke:
RUN! GO! Get on the ship, Chopper!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah...because we already know who would win, Chihiro.

OIFCezP.gif

OK, you know what? No, I'm not going to take the bait. I won't. I refuse.

Necrovex

Luckily Toonami will never have a full on waifu war since odds are they won't add TWGOK to the block. Thankfully, since we'd tear ourselves apart if they did.

What do you mean? The waifu war will happen when Toonami adds Sword Art Online to its line up.

Caught up on Soul Eater, I'm going to try and not watch ahead or read the manga and just enjoy the series for the first time on a week to week basis via Toonami. Will be the first time in a long time that I watch a dubbed anime as it airs "new" on TV.

Tenumi

Banned
What do you mean? The waifu war will happen when Toonami adds Sword Art Online to its line up.

Bleh. Toonami better not ever add that piece of junk to its lineup. There's plenty of good action anime out there that can be looked at before that series ever should get brought up.

Bleh. Toonami better not ever add that piece of junk to its lineup. There's plenty of good action anime out there that can be looked at before that series ever should get brought up.

As much as I hate SAO I do kind of hope they put the dub on Toonami at some point, think the series could be a big boost in terms of views/sales and at this point I'm all for that to help Toonami expand and get more series.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
As much as I hate SAO I do kind of hope they put the dub on Toonami at some point, think the series could be a big boost in terms of views/sales and at this point I'm all for that to help Toonami expand and get more series.

It would be like GPX, we'd be trying not to kill ourselves every week.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've been wondering if they ever thought about bringing Haruhi for the ratings. It has just enough action to qualify, nothing worth censoring, and had at one point a massive following.

Jintor

I already don't watch more than half of what's on there. But I'd hatewatch SAO. Probably.

For reals though Gurren motherfucking Lagann.

I've been wondering if they ever thought about bringing Haruhi for the ratings. It has just enough action to qualify, nothing worth censoring, and had at one point a massive following.

Seriously not enough action. Off the top of my head there's the climax to Melancholy 4 and maybe 6, the Sci-fi episode v the Computer Club, and that's about it really.

That's the filler.

is there ever filler that doesn't do its best to try to make me feel bad about side characters nobody cares about?

BassForever said:
Well because its also one of the only points in the series where the crew gets a chance to interact with Ace

except Ace hasn't been around much these past few episodes. if they were actually doing shit with Ace then maybe this would be better ;-;

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I already don't watch more than half of what's on there. But I'd hatewatch SAO. Probably.

For reals though Gurren motherfucking Lagann.

Seriously not enough action. Off the top of my head there's the climax to Melancholy 4 and maybe 6, the Sci-fi episode v the Computer Club, and that's about it really.

They'd have to make an exception for the ratings, but it honestly isn't much worse than Paranoia Agent when it comes to that. There's a bit of action in the murder mystery episodes and the baseball episode as well and the one in season 2 where they are filming the movie.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They'd have to make an exception for the ratings, but it honestly isn't much worse than Paranoia Agent when it comes to that. There's a bit of action in the murder mystery episodes and the baseball episode as well and the one in season 2 where they are filming the movie.

Well let's be real, it would be more fun than GPX and they showed that.

Jintor

My main concern is a lack of material for cutting promos.

I have to say on a side note the best Haruhi fancomic I ever saw had an amazing stupidly intense game of... I don't know the card game. It was kinda like poker though. It was amazing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My main concern is a lack of material for cutting promos.

I have to say on a side note the best Haruhi fancomic I ever saw had an amazing stupidly intense game of... I don't know the card game. It was kinda like poker though. It was amazing.

Eh, they could cut promos from the closed space part and when Nagato goes all matrix on the other girl.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The alabasta filler is the first time I really noticed the difference in quality between the show and the anime. Apis arc for all its problems feels like something Oda might have done on an off day.

Jintor

Well okay, what's the schedule for incoming shows that will be trimmed, assuming no more repeats?

Can't believe they didn't ditch the blundercats

Well okay, what's the schedule for incoming shows that will be trimmed, assuming no more repeats?

Can't believe they didn't ditch the blundercats

i think we should add the list to the OP.

and shockingly, Thundercats still gets good ratings. but then we're talking about a block where Bleach is the highest-rated show.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I would take Endless eight three times over GPX any day of the week.

Shit man, I agree but I still remember the reactions to Endless Eight. It was the greatest troll of all fucking time. We'd tear our hair out. That said the movie would probably make up for it.

Seda

If somebody wants to make a new show ending dates list I'll add it to the OP.

Also: Accepting thread title name suggestions for One Piece debut.

Necrovex

No, the true waifu wars can only occur when The World God Only Knows is added to the line-up. Luckily that will never happen.

You didn't see Anime-Gaf in shambles when SAO was broadcasting in Japan. So many waifu wars in the community thread.

789shadow

Banned
If somebody wants to make a new show ending dates list I'll add it to the OP.

Also: Accepting thread title names for One Piece debut.
One Piece ending date: HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*gasp*AHAHAHAHA

Toonami |OT4|Taking A Bite Of Gum-Gum!
Our Long National GXP-mare Is Finally Over
The Big OThree
Now With More Wealth, Fame, And Power
I Left All The Anime In One Place.
Only 6 Months Till Water Seven!
Inherited Will
Dreamin'
YI-YO-YI-YO
Yes, It Does Indeed Stretch
An Age Of Romanticism
En Medias Res
Punching People In The Face
I LIKE ONE PIECE

One Piece Returns, Setting Sail at 1AM! Now You'll Have To Watch The Filler!

One Piece Goes To Long Ring Long Land, Gets A Ding Dong King Kong Sing Song Burger (Just Eat The F***in' Thing)

You Know, It Might Be Too Late To Get Caught Up On One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom