• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

tumblr_m12fx1FOkR1qahprvo1_500.png

tumblr_m12fx1FOkR1qahprvo2_500.png

Moaradin

Just finished One Piece 130.....I now understand. I finally understand what I've been missing out on. That was some great shit. I wonder how long it will be until I watch an arc better than that.

And it seems my suspicions were correct as to the spoiler in the 3rd OP.
I hope Nico Robin will prove to be useful

And I can totally see where Nolan
copied Batman's "sacrifice" in TDKR from :p

I loved that shit. Alabasta had such great payoff. Only thing I didn't like was how
Pell ended up surviving. Kinda undermined his big sacrifice
. Other than that minor thing, the arc was so good.
I'm going to miss Vivi.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Just finished One Piece 130.....I now understand. I finally understand what I've been missing out on. That was some great shit. I wonder how long it will be until I watch an arc better than that.

And it seems my suspicions were correct as to the spoiler in the 3rd OP.
I hope Nico Robin will prove to be useful

And I can totally see where Nolan
copied Batman's "sacrifice" in TDKR from :p

She's awesome as hell dude. That said her story arc moves sort of slow, its arguably the most important one apart from Luffy's goal though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That doesn't look close to bad. Stop lying in an attempt to look refined.

Because they all ran the fuck away from the shit going down there.
That's why i said maybe it makes more sense/looks better in context.

Only on Toonami™

Watched through ep 126 this morning.
My man Pell and damn, that Luffy smackdown of Croc.

Also, DeMarco tweeted something that might be interesting....

Sorry in advance to anyone who follows me, this summer between AS Singles and Toonami I'm gonna be "promoting" a lot.

EDIT: RightStuf has a big Funi sale of at least 40% off of looks like damn near everything, including pre-orders. Was that new Lupin the 3rd series worth $40 for the Blu-Ray?

Yet it was #1 during its time slot.
demo numbers are the lynchpin of what they rate the shows with (along with expectations by higher-ups
and studio influence
), been that way for almost a decade it seems.

Not that those numbers are bad (they're not), but based on the show being a more-known entity I'd think it would pull 425k easy. Don't like the drop.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
demo numbers are the lynchpin of what they rate the shows with (along with expectations by higher-ups
and studio influence

Not that those numbers are bad (they're not), but based on the show being a more-known entity I'd think it would pull 425k easy. Don't like the drop.

It was #1 in demo on a night in which Floyd Mayweather had a PPV match.

and studio influence

.......uh, Soul Eater had about 494,000.

the 0.39 is a percentage of 126,540,000, not a percentage of Soul Eater's ratings.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Have Toonami shows ever been dropped mid-season for underperforming or are you just being alarmist? Honest, I want to know what the risks are.

Nothing in the modern era thus far, if they were going to drop anything it would have been GXP.

Have Toonami shows ever been dropped mid-season for underperforming or are you just being alarmist? Honest, I want to know what the risks are.

Soul Eater won the demo in its timeslot, and has more viewers than the same time last year. It's not going anywhere. If anything, expectations might be a little lower for it at 1:30.

And as stated above, Frankman's numbers are wrong. It did close to 500K in the demo AS/CN wants to perform in, which I think is damn impressive for a show airing at 1am.

Whoops, read it wrong. When we used to post it on [as] it was done in a similar way and meant numbers, not percent. Nevermind.
dropped? No. "Reassigned?" Yes. Though with the bump TOONAMI is getting shouldn't have to worry about that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm guessing they get the 11pm timeslot before the year is over. Can't really expect them to expand new shows past 2 am.

I'm guessing they get the 11pm timeslot before the year is over. Can't really expect them to expand new shows past 2 am.

you know, i do wonder if that would work as an excuse. "we put too many long shows on early in the block, now we need 11pm!"

probably not, but it'd be funny.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if they even want it. It would put them in closer competition to SNL and down the line, Fox's ADHD.

Starting at midnight, there's less competition.

EDIT: Wait, I'm thinking in Central time not Eastern. Starting at 11 would give them a head start on SNL, though I think it would put them one on one with ADHD. I've long thought Toonami might be their answer to Fox.

Moaradin

Made a lot of progress on One Piece the last few days. Filler arcs after Alabasta were meh, but at least I'm back on some real stuff now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

789shadow

Banned
Oh

mai gawd

My dream Toonami lineup:
Bleach
Naruto
Soul Eater
One Piece
TTGL