• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

So, say I don't finish this run before next Saturday night, will I be totally screwed and confused?

Get up to 152 at least. That's right before the proper Skypiea arc. Episode 151 has pretty important events set up not related to Skypiea (these are certainly be expanded upon after Skypiea.) Apparently Skypiea isn't really referenced afterwards - that's what people more familiar with the series has said, and you can catch up through that arc during One Piece's Toonami run if you'd like.

Raxus

Get up to 152 at least. That's right before the proper Skypiea arc. Episode 151 has pretty important events set up not related to Skypiea (these are certainly be expanded upon after Skypiea.) Apparently Skypiea isn't really referenced afterwards - that's what people more familiar with the series has said, and you can catch up through that arc during One Piece's Toonami run if you'd like.

Skypia is absolutely referenced. It is actually the major reason the next arc takes place! That said, you have plenty of time to catch up since Water 7 is 4(?) months off.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
no it's the one where Luffy, Zoro, and Chopper get separated from the rest of the crew and everyone literally talks for the entirety of the episode.

I actually like that episode. The Zoro/Chopper moments especially. The rest of the Arabasta filler is pretty damn bad, though.

Seda

Skypia is absolutely referenced. It is actually the major reason the next arc takes place! That said, you have plenty of time to catch up since Water 7 is 4(?) months off.

Woops, I realize I was vague (and I missed a word, immediately afterwards.) I think Meta said you want to be caught up by 230 or something.

Up to episode 158. I feel like i'm in a cheesy movie about amnesia because I remember
Luffy and the gang getting the Crow
but not much else from these episodes. It's all coming back in bits and pieces and it's really annoying. Just gotta get through this arc and everything will definitely be new to me.

So anyone else hoping Attack on Titan comes to Toonami? It seems like the perfect fit and everyone is loving it so far it seems.

I'd be ready.

ibhWcOnE87IVIo.gif

Next This week's FMA:B episode is another one of my favorites. /random

Yes sir, it is!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looks a bit silly TBH. Especially with the awful "realistic" CG city.

Yeah, that gif looks like shit to me, actually. Maybe it's better in the context of the show, but in gif form the utter absence of other human beings in the city and the awful CG just makes it so visually incoherent that any excitement that should be there is sucked right out of it.

ckohler

I perused the thread about Attack on Titan. I don't know, man. My first impression is that the ratio of giant naked guy asses is way too high for me to want to watch. (Yeah, I know they're really monsters but it's still off-putting).

It's probably a good show but I'm having trouble getting past the look of those dudes. Bleh.

Mature

I perused the thread about Attack on Titan. I don't know, man. My first impression is that the ratio of giant naked guy asses is way too high for me to want to watch. (Yeah, I know they're really monsters but it's still off-putting).

It's probably a good show but I'm having trouble getting past the look of those dudes. Bleh.
If that's your worry, just watch it— you'll probably like it.

Yeah, that gif looks like shit to me, actually. Maybe it's better in the context of the show, but in gif form the utter absence of other human beings in the city and the awful CG just makes it so visually incoherent that any excitement that should be there is sucked right out of it.

Well, I have a 30-second of it, hard spoiler, so be careful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lSyFfnO9nY
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Toonami-Related, CabooseJr finally released his Mashup : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2uRBWAR33Q

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That doesn't look close to bad. Stop lying in an attempt to look refined.

It's very pretty and shiny but I really dislike the CG environments in anime. (Oddly I don't mind CG model/rotoscoped characters, like Envy's true form in FMA B or various things in Gundam AGE.) It bothers me about the Pokemon movies too.

Aside from that, the GIF does nothing for me in terms of action. The camera zooms and whips around frenetically for seemingly no reason other than to scream "FAST ACTION!!!!" It also stays way too close to the character (blocking most of the surrounding environment) to get any actual sense of speed.

Finally, the character designs are pretty bog-standard animu. I swear the guy in the GIF could be from SAO or almost any of the other non-moe anime made in the past five years.

I call em like I see them. I also dislike One Piece's character designs. Come at me, bro.

That doesn't look close to bad. Stop lying in an attempt to look refined.

It's very pretty and shiny but I really dislike the CG environments in anime. (Oddly I don't mind CG model/rotoscoped characters, like Envy's true form in FMA B or various things in Gundam AGE.) It bothers me about the Pokemon movies too.

Aside from that, the GIF does nothing for me in terms of action. The camera zooms and whips around frenetically for seemingly no reason other than to scream "FAST ACTION!!!!" It also stays way too close to the character (blocking most of the surrounding environment) to get any actual sense of speed.

Finally, the character designs are pretty bog-standard animu. I swear the guy in the GIF could be from SAO or almost any of the other non-moe anime made in the past five years.

I call em like I see them. I also dislike One Piece's character designs. Come at me, bro.

iGLrP31azMviv.gif

Okay, bad instigating. ( Although at first, I did think One Piece's characters were sketchy, weird, maybe cause I saw the old ones. )

But uh, I just watched 1 episode of Railgun, dubbed......

Hm, should I let myself continue?

ezekial45

Banned

Have they explained why the titans look like giant naked humans? Or is the show still early on.

iGLrP31azMviv.gif

Okay, bad instigating. ( Although at first, I did think One Piece's characters were sketchy, weird, maybe cause I saw the old ones. )

But uh, I just watched 1 episode of Railgun, dubbed......

Hm, should I let myself continue?

All this GIF does is remind me that RVB is truly dead and will probably never return to it's former glory :(

It's a shame too because you can tell the RT crew are generally funny people

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
All this GIF does is remind me that RVB is truly dead and will probably never return to it's former glory :(

It's a shame too because you can tell the RT crew are generally funny people

It's too bad. That was some funny shit, at least the OG episodes are on Hulu.

in what universe does that combination not create the sense of speed?

Psh, you know you loved this.

iFG7lxDVAHStx.gif

This was from Tex first appearance in season 7 IIRC? As I said I feel 6-8 did a better job of balancing CG-i fight shenanigans with actual RVB humor. Season 9 from what I saw/remember was pretty much nothing but CG-i fight shenanigans that went on for entire episodes.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Well, I have a 30-second of it, non-spoiler of course, but the ending might be, so be careful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lSyFfnO9nY
What the fuck, this isn't a non-spoiler that transitions into a "maybe spoiler". This is 100% unquestionably a spoiler.

If anyone has any interest in the series, definitely give Attack on Titan a try. This is coming from an anime fan that has come to dislike the current climate of anime.

This was from Tex first appearance in season 7 IIRC? As I said I feel 6-8 did a better job of balancing CG-i fight shenanigans with actual RVB humor. Season 9 from what I saw/remember was pretty much nothing but CG-i fight shenanigans that went on for entire episodes.

It was 8, and if you think Season 9 took animations over machinima, Season 10 holds the ground.

What the fuck, this isn't a non-spoiler that transitions into a "maybe spoiler". This is 100% unquestionably a spoiler.

If anyone has any interest in the series, definitely give Attack on Titan a try. This is coming from an anime fan that has come to dislike the current climate of anime.

Edited then.

It was 8, and if you think Season 9 took animations over machinima, Season 10 holds the ground.

My bad 6-8 all kind of blur in my memory as I've only seen them all once where as seasons 1-5 I've watched at least 4-5 times each. Not looking forward to eventually watching 9 or 10 if you're saying 10 is even worse :/

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Damn you to the lowest bowls of hell Lucky Star.

wwm0nkey

Speaking of RvB since Adult Swim wanted to get that Animated RvB series on their network it would be cool to see RWBY pop up on Toonami as well.

Just finished One Piece 130.....I now understand. I finally understand what I've been missing out on. That was some great shit. I wonder how long it will be until I watch an arc better than that.

And it seems my suspicions were correct as to the spoiler in the 3rd OP.
I hope Nico Robin will prove to be useful

And I can totally see where Nolan
copied Batman's "sacrifice" in TDKR from :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Just finished One Piece 130.....I now understand. I finally understand what I've been missing out on. That was some great shit. I wonder how long it will be until I watch an arc better than that.

And it seems my suspicions were correct as to the spoiler in the 3rd OP.
I hope Nico Robin will prove to be useful

And I can totally see where Nolan
copied Batman's "sacrifice" in TDKR from :p

...The Dark Knight Returns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom