• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
watching episode 1 of Big O right now.

something about the voices seems...off. Blum's tone doesn't seem to match the dialogue Roger actually has; he's calm and collected when the character doesn't sound like he should be. weird.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

something about the voices seems...off. Blum's tone doesn't seem to match the dialogue Roger actually has; he's calm and collected when the character doesn't sound like he should be. weird.

Batman is always calm and collected.

well, that's the thing. Roger's manner of speech isn't really Batman or Bruce Wayne, and that's what Blum seems to be going for when his dialogue fits more with a typical film noir protagonist. it's a strange contrast. never really noticed it until this viewing for some reason.

"Bye bye......DOTTIE!"

I'm through four episodes and should Dorothy be this...odd?

well, that's the thing. Roger's manner of speech isn't really Batman or Bruce Wayne, and that's what Blum seems to be going for when his dialogue fits more with a typical film noir protagonist. it's a strange contrast. never really noticed it until this viewing for some reason.

The first 2 episodes felt a bit off to me as well, after that everyone seemed to ease into the coolness of the series and it became much better (I'm on episode 8)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I remember driving with my parents from the east coast all the way to California when I was a kid, and this was before i-devices and such existed. Now that was a boring trip.

GameBoys mang. I even had a couple of these, lol:

qOrGjK3l.jpg

Day long trips (or nearly day long trips) are breeze these days, though I really couldn't imagine them before I had a million electronics, though my last (sometimes first) resort was always to sleep.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So without going back and reading through 15 pages, did anybody else think that this was a pretty darn good episode of IGPX?

It's like they actually remembered what the show was supposed to be about and adequately executed hype and constantly rising action throughout the episode. Hooray for competence!

Seda

So without going back and reading through 15 pages, did anybody else think that this was a pretty darn good episode of IGPX?

It's like they actually remembered what the show was supposed to be about and adequately executed hype and constantly rising action throughout the episode. Hooray for competence!

Having the race mean a little something certainly helpeds.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

If the entire series was more like the last two episodes I doubt people would be so down on it. When they bother to do the actual racing it's pretty awesome.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
If the entire series was more like the last two episodes I doubt people would be so down on it. When they bother to do the actual racing it's pretty awesome.

Not just doing the racing but having the background events tie into the actual race is something this show should have been doing from the beginning.

It's not IGPX without SOME writing stumble, though. The foreshadowing for The Rocket was comically blunt, and I don't think the bit with the worm had any suspense

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i reember the final race being pretty awesome between satomi and Velstien.

i think its gotten better as te season went on.

I feel like the main problem is they did one real draft of the show then sent it off to be made. When you watch it with this in mind it starts to make sense. The first few episodes they try and capture the tone of the miniseries. They discover that doesn't work and switch it up so there is more action but never go back and fix the first bit.

Novid

Banned
the q&a sessions remind me of the bullshit going on in the rest of the business right now, ill try and explain it as simple as possible.

DeMarco is working on 16 different other projects at one time. When they did these q&a's everyday the same questions get asked about DBZ and the like. They stopped because of time and pretty much annoyingness.

But then again, the audience means well but their history and even there emotions have been played with by folks who only saw them as dollar signs (which was the whole fucking concept of the motherfucking E/I edict was supposed to prevent but has done nothing and now even with the new expanded COPPA act it still will never solve the problem).

The issue is and I see it every day - even the language gives it away - is the fact the audience has been for better or worse (I believe for the absolute worse) entranced by crunchyroll, s-complex and MAL and the new "lifestyles" that those 4 sites along with 4chan have created over the last several years.

But what makes me pissed about all this is that for those who don't go for this life style and so on, and were fans of toonami - some of them are also fans of digimon/power rangers and think Saban was better than 4Kids (or Al Kahn per se) and said (and this is what I heard from Gaf too) that Saban was going to bring SatAM back. So some of these questions dealing with DBZ (and I even heard a question about power rangers and thankfully Demarco dismissed it) was just stupid, and for this simple reason:

Some 60 year old dude, who married a playboy model; and who is a bitch boy for the democratic party, doesn't really give a flying fuck if the fans loved digimon/power rangers or not. He didn't even really care about the Voice Actors on his show/Actors on his show. All he cared about was his cash period. And that's a fact!

So for these anons (crunchyroll hounds IMO) keep talking about when you bringing this and when you doing that - don't understand that DeMarco does it for free and it isn't a JOB because this is what he loves PERIOD. Its the same with Danny Choo and his moekanji stuff. DeMarco's Free work, has outdone anything Crunchyroll will ever do, despite the all and out cheating Crunchyroll did (and yet somehow, Kim Dot Com got raided for MUCH less than what Crunchyroll has done)

And yet, somehow - the Saban Apologist's and the Crunchyroll fans and fuck even some of those rareafied 4Kids fans say "shit was better back in the day and only if we can have it back"

No, you cant have it back. Because now the whole fucking business has just WENT back in the day to get more money out of nostalgia and its has fucking failed outside of a few franchises!

If I was DeMarco honestly - I wouldn't even do anymore Q&A's outside of comic-con or other events where I can see some of these anons faces in person and tell me how Good Saban or Crunchyroll is to my fucking face!

Tenumi

Banned
I like Saban, Crunchyroll, and Toonami. I guess that makes me a weird person.

But hey, I like my Power Rangers, my subbed anime, and my dubbed anime.

I still don't understand you, Novid. Sorry.

the q&a sessions remind me of the bullshit going on in the rest of the business right now, ill try and explain it as simple as possible.

DeMarco is working on 16 different other projects at one time. When they did these q&a's everyday the same questions get asked about DBZ and the like. They stopped because of time and pretty much annoyingness.

But then again, the audience means well but their history and even there emotions have been played with by folks who only saw them as dollar signs (which was the whole fucking concept of the motherfucking E/I edict was supposed to prevent but has done nothing and now even with the new expanded COPPA act it still will never solve the problem).

The issue is and I see it every day - even the language gives it away - is the fact the audience has been for better or worse (I believe for the absolute worse) entranced by crunchyroll, s-complex and MAL and the new "lifestyles" that those 4 sites along with 4chan have created over the last several years.

But what makes me pissed about all this is that for those who don't go for this life style and so on, and were fans of toonami - some of them are also fans of digimon/power rangers and think Saban was better than 4Kids (or Al Kahn per se) and said (and this is what I heard from Gaf too) that Saban was going to bring SatAM back. So some of these questions dealing with DBZ (and I even heard a question about power rangers and thankfully Demarco dismissed it) was just stupid, and for this simple reason:

Some 60 year old dude, who married a playboy model; and who is a bitch boy for the democratic party, doesn't really give a flying fuck if the fans loved digimon/power rangers or not. He didn't even really care about the Voice Actors on his show/Actors on his show. All he cared about was his cash period. And that's a fact!

So for these anons (crunchyroll hounds IMO) keep talking about when you bringing this and when you doing that - don't understand that DeMarco does it for free and it isn't a JOB because this is what he loves PERIOD. Its the same with Danny Choo and his moekanji stuff. DeMarco's Free work, has outdone anything Crunchyroll will ever do, despite the all and out cheating Crunchyroll did (and yet somehow, Kim Dot Com got raided for MUCH less than what Crunchyroll has done)

And yet, somehow - the Saban Apologist's and the Crunchyroll fans and fuck even some of those rareafied 4Kids fans say "shit was better back in the day and only if we can have it back"

No, you cant have it back. Because now the whole fucking business has just WENT back in the day to get more money out of nostalgia and its has fucking failed outside of a few franchises!

If I was DeMarco honestly - I wouldn't even do anymore Q&A's outside of comic-con or other events where I can see some of these anons faces in person and tell me how Good Saban or Crunchyroll is to my fucking face!

This isn't even his final form!

Your weekly ratings scorecard is in:
12:00AM Bleach 0.9 HH, 1.398 million
12:30AM Naruto 0.8 HH, 1.224 million
1:00AM One Piece 0.8 HH, 1.127 million
1:30AM Soul Eater 0.7 HH, 953,000
2:00AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.6 HH, 815,000
2:30AM Eureka 7 0.5 HH, 799,000
3:00AM Thundercats (2011) 0.6 HH, 727,000
3:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.6 HH, 684,000
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.5 HH, 681,000
4:30AM Cowboy Bebop 0.5 HH, 671,000
5:00AM Inuyasha 0.5 HH, 666,000
5:30AM Inuyasha 0.5 HH, 684,000
Turner Ratings Public Relations Department said:
Saturday’s new episodes of Bleach (12 a.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among adults 18-24 & 18-34 and men 18-24, while Naruto (12:30 a.m.) ranked #1 in its timeslot among adults 18-24 and men 18-24 & 18-34. Premieres of all TOONAMI show new episodes earned double-digit increases across adults & men 18-34 & 18-49 vs. the same time period last year.

And has the official ADHD lineup on Fox ever been posted? I'll put it just to show it won't really be going against Toonami.
Fox PR said:
On Saturday, July 27 at 11:00 PM ET/PT, ANIMATION DOMINATION HIGH-DEF premieres with all-new installments of AXE COP (11:00-11:15 PM ET/PT) and HIGH SCHOOL USA! (11:15-11:30 PM ET/PT), followed by encore presentations of the previous week’s quarter-hour series (11:30-11:45 PM/11:45 PM-Midnight ET/PT), as well as The Cleveland Show (Midnight-12:30 AM ET/PT).
You can watch the Cleveland Show twice on Saturdays, if you so desire!

Tenumi

Banned
Wow, that's not a bad week at all! Nearly a Quad-Million, Eureka 7 nearly hitting 800,000 and everything else above 650,000.

That ADHD lineup does nothing to me. Complete skip.

Aww yiss. The block is doing great lately. Even IGPX is doing what One Piece used to do. I kinda wish SE would also do a mil, but it's still doing pretty darn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom