• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
the ratings that are no better than usual? nobody's been particularly positive except on this episode and the last 5 minutes of last week.

Even then the comments have been rating IGPX a solid at best with only the latest episode living up to the premise. The brawl was interesting but also jarring, like all of a sudden IGPX turned into an episode of One Piece.

Even then the comments have been rating IGPX a solid at best with only the latest episode living up to the premise. The brawl was interesting but also jarring, like all of a sudden IGPX turned into an episode of One Piece.

This sounds like a massive improvement

Seda

IDK if they sell it as "from the creators of Cowboy Bebop" I'm sure it would get great ratings. Not to mention it's a much better show.

Remember that the headlining shows that get the ratings are Bleach and Naruto.

EDIT: I'm not saying that Champloo isn't a good show or wouldn't fit Toonami.

IDK if they sell it as "from the creators of Cowboy Bebop" I'm sure it would get great ratings. Not to mention it's a much better show.

Sword Art Online is pretty popular already, and it's a dub premiere. there's no doubt in my mind it would do better than something that was already on Adult Swim and didn't even get great ratings.

SAO is going to do well on Toonami, hate waters will love it and people who've never seen it before will get sucked it like animegaf did.

Sonicbug

I love how Crunchyroll is going to spin SAO's success...

"we aired it first!"

bwahahahah.gif

Why do you hate crunchyroll again? Aside from them starting out as illegal, I can't think of much they've done wrong. Damn kids all over your lawn or something?

Done with the first 7 episodes of Big O (in a lazily fashion)

Very little I remember from the brief scenes that I watched in S2 but I can't remember if it was the bandaged guy or Rosewater who was the big bad.
And there's the TV studio scenes that I vaguely remember

I'm sure I'll get those memories back eventually :p

Done with the first 7 episodes of Big O (in a lazily fashion)

Very little I remember from the brief scenes that I watched in S2 but I can't remember if it was the bandaged guy or Rosewater who was the big bad.
And there's the TV studio scenes that I vaguely remember

I'm sure I'll get those memories back eventually :p

Sounds like you need a negotiator

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I technically already posted about IGPX not totally sucking, and Seda basically took care of the job for me in my absence (thanks, btw), but whatever...

KZIXD57.png

Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 305 - Delusion Roars! Hisagi, To the Hot Springs Inn!
12:30 - Naruto - 32 - Sakura Blossoms!
1:00 - One Piece - 214 - A Seriously Heated Race! Into the Final Round!
1:30 - Soul Eater - 20 - The Black Blood Resonance Battle! – A Small Soul's Grand Struggle Against Fear?
2:00 - IGPX - 11 - And Then...
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 45 - Don't You Want Me?
3:00 - Thundercats - 13 - Between Brothers
3:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 18 - A Family Crisis
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 34 - Ice Queen
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 11 - Toys in the Attic
5:00 - Inuyasha - 69 - Terror of the Faceless Man
5:30 - Inuyasha - 70 - Onigumo's Memory Restored

We'll see how I'm feeling this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to at least last through the premieres.

Novid

Banned
Why do you hate crunchyroll again? Aside from them starting out as illegal, I can't think of much they've done wrong. Damn kids all over your lawn or something?

there are a lot of things you can hate them for - how about screwing over the fansubbers that help them cheat the system?

or that youtube issue that brought people over to the site or wait, wait, how about selective prosecution concerning Megaupload?

WAIT WAIT...I know...how about the twitter joke they made about Children's day in Japan...wait wait - how about all the fucking anons bullshiting all over the net since Toonami came back all coming from the same fucking five servers (oh their loaned by Haweii or whatever the fuck they fucking go by)

I can continue son, because im done two stepping with those Berkeley bred motherfuckers! And DeMarco feels the same way. Crunchyroll keeps pussy footing around the whole issue of toonami's return. If they want to dance, these bitches better dance!

Because in the immortal words or Dan Labatard Paraphrasing for dramatic effect: "Hey Demarco: "What you got to say to saban, crunchyroll and the national media?"

"They can kiss my 3 mill a week ass boy"

basiclly crunchyfail cant stand that toonami exists so all those anons that keep asking the same dumb questions in the q&a all come from either arlong park or work in crunchyroll.

Why would cr be impacted at all by anything toonami does? You'd think cr would have a bigger beef with funimation

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
basiclly crunchyfail cant stand that toonami exists so all those anons that keep asking the same dumb questions in the q&a all come from either arlong park or work in crunchyroll.

Wait, where does Arlong Park come into this?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
arlong park (fan board) helped crunchy under cut 4kids dub.

still mad because toonami skipped a fuck ton of episodes even though Demarco did it for a reason.

I know what Arlong Park is, I've been a member for 8 years. About mid-way through Water Seven. Oh dear God I feel old...

I think any anons that ask about One Piece are just assholes. I don't think they're AP members.

Tenumi

Banned
Yeah... I'm just gonna quote myself from earlier.

I like Saban, Crunchyroll, and Toonami. I guess that makes me a weird person.

But hey, I like my Power Rangers, Digimon my subbed anime, and my dubbed anime.

I still don't understand you, Novid. Sorry.

good thing i speak thundercat.

basiclly crunchroll started as a fan sub site and then sold out to the big companies. making tons of money along the way. nad doing some shady shit. then in 2012 toonami came back with a vengance. this upset crushroll as now they had a legit competitor on prime time tv.

SAO if successful will lead to more deals being cut and curchroll being left in the dust. so apperntly cruchyroll is conpspiiring against toonami in the shadows.

basicly Demarco kicking ass and taking names

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
That is a bit of dubious assertion even in the best of times, Toonami is limited to six hours and action anime, the threat is limited at best.

Tenumi

Banned
Is Novid always high or something?

Think so. Only explanation I can see. No offense, Novid. Just don't understand where the hate comes from.

I like that Crunchyroll is, for lack of a better term, legit now. It's great to have competition, and its great to have legal streaming sites. I love Toonami as well, and have enjoyed every Saturday since its revival.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Also an organization having fansub origins is rather common in anime, indeed I recall the kind of desceased ADV Films having the exact same origins for example.

Yeah, if Novid's going round claiming that Crunchyroll is going round undermining Toonami over the Sword Art Online deal, despite the fact that SAO was also available on Hulu, a decidedly more direct competitor, then I think we can safely conclude that Novid's a nutjob. It's interesting that Novid has said nothing about Hulu nor Funimation, despite being the biggest and most direct rival to Crunchyroll (with bonus points for Hulu being more popular by virtue of carrying most of what's broadcast on American TV).

To be perfectly blunt, I don't think there's that much of an overlap between Toonami's audience than Crunchyroll's audience. If anything, it's Neon Alley that should be scared, and even then I don't think they care too much.

how about all the fucking anons bullshiting all over the net since Toonami came back all coming from the same fucking five servers (oh their loaned by Haweii or whatever the fuck they fucking go by)
iJgYWQJaI0Q9j.png

Novid

Banned
Also an organization having fansub origins is rather common in anime, indeed I recall the kind of desceased ADV Films having the exact same origins for example.

but ADV worked on the premise that they shared the video tapes with friends (physical to user) where crunchy knew the law was stacked against them (digital to user).

Novid

Banned
Yeah, if Novid's going round claiming that Crunchyroll is going round undermining Toonami over the Sword Art Online deal, despite the fact that SAO was also available on Hulu, a decidedly more direct competitor, then I think we can safely conclude that Novid's a nutjob. It's interesting that Novid has said nothing about Hulu nor Funimation, despite being the biggest and most direct rival to Crunchyroll (with bonus points for Hulu being more popular by virtue of carrying most of what's broadcast on American TV).

To be perfectly blunt, I don't think there's that much of an overlap between Toonami's audience than Crunchyroll's audience. If anything, it's Neon Alley that should be scared, and even then I don't think they care too much.

iJgYWQJaI0Q9j.png

True about the Hulu thing but crunchy got a cut and Hulu was like the 5th largest place one could see SAO Subbed.

I have no problems with Hulu outside of there silly adverts they did years ago because even though the US networks are a bit shady with the 8 day delays (ok, really fucking shady) they been fairer to the genre than Crunchyroll has been...

And Funi despite horrible leadership and DBZ Creep (which the latter isn't such a bad thing) has done ok with the streaming thing.

Its just Crunchy rubs me the wrong way.

True about the Hulu thing but crunchy got a cut and Hulu was like the 5th largest place one could see SAO Subbed.

I have no problems with Hulu outside of there silly adverts they did years ago because even though the US networks are a bit shady with the 8 day delays (ok, really fucking shady) they been fairer to the genre than Crunchyroll has been...

And Funi despite horrible leadership and DBZ Creep (which the latter isn't such a bad thing) has done ok with the streaming thing.

Its just Crunchy rubs me the wrong way.

It's more I've never seen you claim that Crunchy is undermining Hulu nor Funi (despite being their biggest rivals in the whole simulcasting anime thing), yet Crunchy is somehow the biggest threat to Toonami in your eyes, despite not having much of the way over any overlap (if anything, it's Crunchy users watching Toonami in addition to using Crunchy, not replacing it).

Novid

Banned
It's more I've never seen you claim that Crunchy is undermining Hulu nor Funi (despite being their biggest rivals in the whole simulcasting anime thing), yet Crunchy is somehow the biggest threat to Toonami in your eyes, despite not having much of the way over any overlap (if anything, it's Crunchy users watching Toonami in addition to using Crunchy, not replacing it).

Funi/Crunchy had their spat (but it was like choosing a root canal from a wisdom tooth removal). They pretty much go after the same audience so they cancel each other out. Hulu however is a interesting case - Hulu is bigger by ten times over. Hulu hasn't found any buyers and really was created in the system to compete with what Youtube is doing now along with Netflix. Crunchyroll is no where in the same league.

As for Neon Alley and the other two Japanese sites - Dasuki and Solis - there undercutting Crunchy which in the end is a good thing. There isn't a core "thing" crunchyroll has. And when one is built on a house of sand...well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom