• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the relationship between Renton is Eureka is ... alright. But I never really gelled with the kids and how they fit into the picture.

They may or may not be a throwback to the legion of little kids that would tag along with crew members in other mecha shows, so they've got that going for them.

The real problem with those kids is that they stop doing anything important or interesting between the first 10 episodes and this one.

ckohler

I missed the beginning of this series. Can anyone explain to me why this is the future and yet humans are all kinda dumb?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So I am guessing Project Pacific Rim Trend failed then. Ah well, such is life. I am off to watch new things instead of reruns, see you all later.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I think that's as far as I can go tonight.

Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 306 - In Order to Protect! Ichigo vs. Tensa Zangetsu!
12:30 - Naruto - 33 - Battle Formation: Ino-Shika-Cho!
1:00 - One Piece - 215 - Screaming-Hot Bombardment! Pirate Dodgeball!
1:30 - Soul Eater - 21 - May My Soul Reach You – A Dry Heart Inside Unbearable Isolation?
2:00 - IGPX - 12 - The Final Battle
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 46 - Planet Rock
3:00 - Thundercats - 14 - New Alliances
3:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 19 - The Steel Foe
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 35 - The Shape of This Country
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 12 - Jupiter Jazz (Part 1)
5:00 - Inuyasha - 71 - Three-Sided Battle to the Death
5:30 - Inuyasha - 72 - Totosai's Rigid Training

Later.

Yeah, this is where I get off. You guys have fun watching Inuyasha with Frankman.

Hey Seda, sorry about the big block of text - totally misread your earlier comment. I've got a real bad habit of cramming explanations into posts, even when no one asked for one. Something I need to work on, I think.

Anyway, later.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
3 more episodes and we are free of this forever.

EWmof.gif

Seda

Yeah, this is where I get off. You guys have fun watching Inuyasha with Frankman.

Hey Seda, sorry about the big block of text - totally misread your earlier comment. I've got a real bad habit of cramming explanations into posts, even when no one asked for one. Something I need to work on, I think.

Anyway, later.

Totally fine. I liked your post.

Seda

I don't really pay attention to comic movies, but didn't they recently do a Wolverine origin movie? And this is another one with a different continuity so soon after?

Tygra, maybe the sword didn't choose you because you almost fucking murdered your brother at the age of 10.

I don't really pay attention to comic movies, but didn't they recently do a Wolverine origin movie? And this is another one with a different continuity so soon after?

That was years ago and this one takes place after X3.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

X-Men Origins: Wolverine was (supposedly) a prequel to X1, but it was retconned by First Class (a prequel that went further back.)

The Wolverine (the new movie you're seeing commercials for) takes place after X3. It deals with Logan coping with killing Jean, and wondering if immortality like he has is worth having after he's lost everything he held dear.

It also adapts what many consider one of Wolverine's greatest comic storylines, where he travels to Japan and meets his "true love" but gets caught up in the Yakuza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom