• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Somehow, Shirley Temple is to blame.

Don't worry. Next week every show will break a million. THE HAMMER demands it!

Holy shit. Those ratings. I don't think i've ever seen Bleach do that badly. Dat Silva fight indeed. We should be glad UFC doesn't have big matches every weekend or Toonami would have died ages ago.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Holy shit. Those ratings. I don't think i've ever seen Bleach do that badly. Dat Silva fight indeed. We should be glad UFC doesn't have big matches every weekend or Toonami would have died ages ago.

I guess even the people who watch Bleach and enjoy it have filler limits, but don't worry filler doesn't exist and is in no way harmful according to Toonami.

I never realized until this thread how apparently popular UFC is.

That's because it's mostly PPV which is why places like ESPN don't give it much coverage. Every sports bar in my town was packed Saturday night according to my buddy who wanted to watch the fight (I live in Orlando FL).

I guess even the people who watch Bleach and enjoy it have filler limits, but don't worry filler doesn't exist and is in no way harmful according to Toonami.

The ratings would have tanked regardless of it was filler or not last week. Bleach has broken 1M plenty of times when showing filler, last week was the exception rather than the rule.

I agree with the toonami staff, filler shouldn't be skipped. The only time I'll budge on this sentiment is with Naruto because
80+
episodes straight of
no plot whatsoever
is downright ridiculous.

Seda

If they decide to show the Naruto filler......

I will still watch it because I am a sap. I will probably complain a lot though.

If they decide to show the Naruto filler......

I will still watch it because I am a sap. I will probably complain a lot though.

predator-handshake-o.gif

Seda

I mean there is a fair chance that the filler block of hell may actually be better then most of part 2.

*I have seen part way through Pain Arc*

Shippuden has a fair amount of junk (both canon and filler, it has some high points too though) but OG Naruto filler is king of the garbage.

anyone else actually think they might just use the first 10 seconds?

Spoiler-wise, they just might. Being that
Asuna
might be considered one.

Great job!

I freaking love SAO's first opening, that song is mesmerizing. Even though I just marathoned through the series a couple weeks ago I might go ahead and watch it again before it hits toonami.

Why yes, thank you sir.

How badly do you think the Attack on Titan opening will be mangled? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OkpRK2_gVs

Yes I know it's not confirmed for Toonami, but it's about 90% guaranteed the English dub is going to show up considering how popular it is. So many cosplays.

Let's not go there.

Tenumi

Banned
You know... I've never actually had issues with the cut openings and endings. I'd rather they cut them than actual content, after all.

Maybe its because I don't really have any attachment for them...

Seda

You know... I've never actually had issues with the cut openings and endings. I'd rather they cut them than actual content, after all.

Maybe its because I don't really have any attachment for them...

I don't either, they're easily found online.

Only one piece cut opening is a problem because it's a really bad cut where the music jumps. Hypothetically with soul eater if you didn't know it was a cut opening you'd have no idea because it sounds good.

Only one piece cut opening is a problem because it's a really bad cut where the music jumps. Hypothetically with soul eater if you didn't know it was a cut opening you'd have no idea because it sounds good.

So bad of a jump cut. ;-; Just cut through the chorus so the ending fits well. They just did it to fit everything in, that's it.

One Piece's strikes me as too short.

my problem with Soul Eater's first ending is that they basically cut the best part of the song.

I
WANNA
I WANNA BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
( done )

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
As much as I dislike cut openings and endings, I think they're doing a fantastic job with the edits. They've sounded great IMO. I will repeat this again: the real travesty will be Soul Eater's second opening. ;(

Tamanon

Banned
Cutting openings is better than cutting actual episode content. I seem to remember that happening on a few Fullmetal Alchemist episodes.

As much as I dislike cut openings and endings, I think they're doing a fantastic job with the edits. They've sounded great IMO. I will repeat this again: the real travesty will be Soul Eater's second opening. ;(
Shhh, we are far from that. About 10 weeks.

Cutting openings is better than cutting actual episode content. I seem to remember that happening on a few Fullmetal Alchemist episodes.

Yes yes, everybody has the same opinion, which is why I asked 2 Sundays ago o.o
3e3a1ca58cf3c91e49ad.png

I almost forgot how boss that song is. Man, I love soul eater. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom