• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If they decide to show the Naruto filler......

I will still watch it because I am a sap. I will probably complain a lot though.

Good things about Naruto filler:

Has some of the best endings and the openings are good besides the god awful first one (which is also the opening for the end of the non filler stuff)

A lot of it has some serious Bleach Filler what the fuck were they thinking zaniness that definitely fits the definition of so bad its good.

Most of the rest of it that doesn't fall under that definition is merely inoffensively boring, which makes it better than a lot of Bleach.

The dub's quality stays at the consistently good level it reached during the Chunin exams which again cannot be said about Bleach.

If I had a choice between no filler or filler then Shippuden I'd go for the latter, though no filler+shippuden would be ideal.

LycanXIII

Do you guys think Evo will cut into Toonami's rankings or does Evo end before toonami begins?

It should be over, or at least winding down, by the time Toonami starts.
evo-stream-schedule.png

Finished Big O S1. Fun little show and looking forward to S2, though I feel Blum had a hard time finding the right approach to Roger Smith sometimes.

99 METALOCALYPSE Sat 11:00PM-11:15PM 15 0.7 945

135 METALOCALYPSE Sat 11:15PM-11:30PM 15 0.6 744

136 METALOCALYPSE Sat 11:45PM-12:00AM 15 0.6 690

138 METALOCALYPSE Sat 11:30PM-11:45PM 15 0.5 673

and now we know who to blame

we'd probably see a similar result with or without UFC. Metalocalypse generally doesn't do overly well, and an unannounced marathon in a different timeslot all but guarantees it doing even worse.

I watched 10 episodes of Sword Art Online. This is pretty damn good. Where is the hate coming from?

It gets weird about halfway through, you'll understand why some people got turned off here pretty soon. Personally, I enjoyed SOA. Can't wait to watch it again on toonami with everyone.

Novid

Banned
Get ready for Tom to lay it down tomorrow night.

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/55268641487/spoiler-alert

Hey, so you don't have to sit through Bleach if you don't want to!

maybe its political and its about Snowden. or a dressing down of crunchyroll...oh wait wait I know...how about that Vortexx? you know the one that says that we were going bring Saturday morning back when the government controls everything? Maybe its all three!

maybe its political and its about Snowden. or a dressing down of crunchyroll...oh wait wait I know...how about that Vortexx? you know the one that says that we were going bring Saturday morning back when the government controls everything? Maybe its all three!

tumblr_mdtlhuj76K1qltqg1.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

VWZXPte.gif

Dammit Novid!

Tenumi

Banned

Dang it Novid, couldn't you wait for me to get some popcorn first!

LycanXIII

Get ready for Tom to lay it down tomorrow night.

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/55268641487/spoiler-alert

Hey, so you don't have to sit through Bleach if you don't want to!

Nice, I don't start watching until One piece anyways.

Evo goes on until Sunday. In fact that's the biggest day when all the finals occur.
Yes, but there is nothing going on when Toonami is on, according to that schedule.

Friendship?
My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic coming to Toonami speech :p
The next generation of Hamtaro.

Tenumi

Banned
Yeah, I completely expect a "Here's the deal, blahdy blah, Sword Art Online, blahdy blah, Only Toonami, on Adult Swim."

Though it'd be awesome to see a surprise thrown in there.

99 METALOCALYPSE Sat 11:00PM-11:15PM 15 0.7 945

135 METALOCALYPSE Sat 11:15PM-11:30PM 15 0.6 744

136 METALOCALYPSE Sat 11:45PM-12:00AM 15 0.6 690

138 METALOCALYPSE Sat 11:30PM-11:45PM 15 0.5 673

and now we know who to blame
... the actual shows themselves?

ckohler

I still don't understand why some shows get full opens at all. I would think they'd want to trim them all so as to maximize ad time and/or other stuff. Maybe it's a rule they have to follow with Bleach?

Not that I like cutting opens/endings, but it makes sense at least and anime opens/ends are pretty long.

I still don't understand why some shows get full opens at all. I would think they'd want to trim them all so as to maximize ad time and/or other stuff. Maybe it's a rule they have to follow with Bleach?

Not that I like cutting opens/endings, but it makes sense at least and anime opens/ends are pretty long.

Don't wanna start up that discussion again, so here it is again. I would wish that Soul Eater would get its Episode previews but either spoiler or time.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

IIRC Bleach and Naruto have bonus skits at the end of episodes that are cut in the American versions, giving them more time even with cut endings. Then again the American Naruto opening is only a minute, I think. Bleach is the only one with the full 1:30 (except Bebop, I think?)

Plus Viz likely realizes the openings are all really Bleach is good for anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom