• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Plot summary for those wondering:

Romeo Maki is a professional wrestler going by the name of Maskman M as well as CEO of an orphanage where the roof leaks and a python has taken over the toilet. Working there is a novice nun, Sister Juliet who, unknown to Maki, moonlights as another wrestler - Lady S. The two meet in a $50,000 winner take all bout where they discover how well matched they truly are: he gets off on pain while she loves inflicting it.

That explains everything

yami4ct

That was pretty awesome. Toonami should show small stuff like that more often.

I'd love to get the occasional short. Shorts are great.

Man, I cannot wait for you guys to see 3.33. Should bring more people to the 3.33 defense force. I realize why most hate it, but I adore that film in its own special way. I'd love to have someone to gush about it with.

Soriku

Since 2.22 aired with post-credits scene and all this should be posted.
NGEMovieComparison.jpg

There's nothing stoner about that short. The python joke was a little juvenile, but it could have worked with a spider instead. Outside of that, it makes sense with the way the short was framed (and I mean in the sense of a set of intergender matches, not the little blurb that was posted earlier).

Azure J

No they need to fucking finish their drawings and have some actual humor that isn't stoner humor

I appreciated the style just because it was so decisively "different" than what you'd expect from mostly Japanese animation house. It's definitely one of those hate it or love it kinda deals though.

Neither have I, but I honestly can't fathom how someone would enjoy that. I get "different strokes for different folks" but nothing I saw seemed even remotely appealing

Eh, it's a very unique art style with some nifty loose animation. It's an acquired taste and I can easily see why many people wouldn't like it, but I don't see why finding it appealing is so hard to understand.

I mean, it's by a guy that has a pretty dedicated fanbase. He also did Kemonozume, which a bunch of people liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom