• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i have no Pokemon.

there is only Jar Jar.

only Jar Jar.

only.

Jar.

Jar.

VdCKBhj.gif

You have to stop this madness. You'll destroy yourself!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Let us have a moment of silence for GMN.

I'm not surprised that the Jar Jar episodes suck. Can't really do much with a character that awful.

Moaradin

All this Ippo talk is making me want to get back into it. Saw the first 30 or so episodes and stopped for some reason. Was really liking it up to that point too.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
And this is why we shouldn't tease - let excellent moments (or incredibly stupid moments) stand on their own.

(Note I'm not familiar with Ippo. I don't have to say that do I?)

You don't but it really is worth a watch. I'm going to start lobbying to add it to the pre-watch block after Valvrave is over. The portions of the story that have been animated are all aces.

We really need to add it to the watch block after Valvrave is over.

Well this weekend we will be on Valvrave episodes 8/9 and episode 14 will air in Japan, so assuming nothing skips we should be "caught up" with Valvrave on November 23rd so we could have Ippo replace that second Valvrave spot.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
This week the Toonami Pre-Show Watchblock will feature L-Elf ruling JIOR with an ironfist in Valvrave, Jojo mastering the divine arts of wine attacks in Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, Caster getting a little testy with Saber in Fate/Zero, stoner Kirito doing stoner stuff with a loli part 2 in Darker than Black, and traps and fucks in Steins;Gate. All of this starts in 9:00 PM EDT Saturday!

9:00 - Valvrave the Liberator - 8 - The Princess of Light
9:25 - Valvrave the Liberator - 9 - Dogs and thunder
9:50 - JoJo's Bizzare Adventure - 5 - The Dark Knights
10:15 - Fate/Zero - 6 - Night of Schemes
10:40 - Darker than Black - 4 - A New Star Shines in the Dawn Sky... (Part 2)
11:05 - Steins;Gate - 5 - Starmine Rendezvous

N.B. So as Valvrave gets closer and closer to finishing we'll have to select a new show to add to replace Valvrave's second slot. In order to do this I'll be creating two surveys. The first survey will ask 5 shows that you would want to watch on the block. It'll also ask whether you've seen each show or not. After compiling all this info I'll be sending out a second survey asking for what shows you'd like to see from a pre-determined list (which will be created from the previous set of information). This will also ask whether you've seen the show or not. The reason this process is being used is to put interesting shows on the block that not many people have seen. If a good chunk of people have already seen it then it sort of defeats the purpose of the block. Of course, this entire thing isn't set in stone. It's still far away!

N.B. So as Valvrave gets closer and closer to finishing we'll have to select a new show to add to replace Valvrave's second slot. In order to do this I'll be creating two surveys. The first survey will ask 5 shows that you would want to watch on the block. It'll also ask whether you've seen each show or not. After compiling all this info I'll be sending out a second survey asking for what shows you'd like to see from a pre-determined list (which will be created from the previous set of information). This will also ask whether you've seen the show or not. The reason this process is being used is to put interesting shows on the block that not many people have seen. If a good chunk of people have already seen it then it sort of defeats the purpose of the block. Of course, this entire thing isn't set in stone. It's still far away!

Kayos you always make things so complicated lol why not just do a simple "what do you want to watch next" list based upon suggestions people have made via thread/pm/email. People can vote for show they want to watch. This shouldn't have to be any extra work for you lol

Edit:

Here is a sample survey I made in Survey Monkey just to see if I did it right, feel free to take and laugh at my derpness

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/L6XM7QJ

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hahah. So true. ;_; Hedwig

What point did Hedwig serve by then? None. His death was completely justified by the story, as were the others. Bass is completely off base (lol) on this one.

It auto-levels all your pokemon to 50 before you start the battle. I'm at Victory Road and have no idea what my online team will look like right now. I still need to find a way to get my EVed guys from SS to Y too.

You won't be able to until Pokemon Bank/transfer program on December 27.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I would collapse from the sheer joy of it all if they went back and did a Brotherhood like version of GTO. The manga's ending is literally (and I am not exaggerating at all) the single most inspiring thing I have ever read in my entire life. I'm misting up just thinking about it.

That being said the anime we got does a very good job of this on its own. It's truly a fantastic work considering how well it meshes a bunch of real people with real problems talking in a slightly dramatic but still real way about how shitty it is to grow up and the real damage that can be done by bullying/how messed up seemingly normal people are mixed with this goofy as hell street level superhero/hapless virgin/gigantic doofus who is easily the Greatest Teacher in all of Japan.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It sounds more like Bdubs is missing a gen 5 game. So go buy one and beat it, transfer everything up there. Got plenty of time.

I've already got them both, it's just a lot of effort to make the transfer so I never bothered.

I agree with the two-survey thing as well. At the same time, just because people have seen it before doesn't mean we can't have fun watching everyone else watch it. Like people do with One Piece and SAO.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
also, the first opening is epic

My best friend in the world also loves GTO...but is a second opening guy.

We fight about it at least once a year.

I was going to post it here but looks like it just got hit by a round of copyright claims.

I've already got them both, it's just a lot of effort to make the transfer so I never bothered.

It's a hell of a lot less work than transferring from Gen 3 to 4 I tell you what. I did the entire Pokédex in about three hours when Gen V came out. You just need two devices that can play DS games which isn't hard these days and I suggest getting a nice table to sit at and something good to watch or listen to.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I know right!

It's not a bad opening at all but c'mon, it's no Driver's High.

I get those feels whenever I talk about how much better Soul Eater's first opening is over the second one which puts me in the distinct minority here.

I know right!

It's not a bad opening at all but c'mon, it's no Driver's High.

I get those feels whenever I talk about how much better Soul Eater's first opening is over the second one which puts me in the distinct minority here.

plus the first opening has hands-down the better scenes

Crocodile

I remember buying some Ippo DVDs years ago due to online suggestions. I think I got halfway through the show and just stopped. I remember everybody calling it the hypest shit ever but I dunno, it just seemed fine. Like a fine show but I don't recall ever being on the edge of my seat chomping to pick up the next DVD. Maybe I'd have been more receptive if I didn't have to pay for every 3-5 episodes? Maybe I fell victim to overhype? The show probably deserves another shot someday but I don't have any particular interest in doing so anytime soon. I'd rather see something I've haven't seen at all yet.

I hope that doesn't make me a hater :(
Takamura was a super bro :) I don't recall caring very much about Ippo though :(

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Episode 68
takamura da gawd.
also ippo is a sports anime which I think is very niche, I dont normally watch sports anime but ippo's popularity made me get into it which kinda makes me want to be a boxer now lol, but I can see how not just anybody can get into it, and it doesnt really "start" until ippo hits the big leagues.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I remember buying some Ippo DVDs years ago due to online suggestions. I think I got halfway through the show and just stopped. I remember everybody calling it the hypest shit ever but I dunno, it just seemed fine. Like a fine show but I don't recall ever being on the edge of my seat chomping to pick up the next DVD. Maybe I'd have been more receptive if I didn't have to pay for every 3-5 episodes? Maybe I fell victim to overhype? The show probably deserves another shot someday but I don't have any particular interest in doing so anytime soon. I'd rather see something I've haven't seen at all yet.

I hope that doesn't make me a hater :(
Takamura was a super bro :) I don't recall caring very much about Ippo though :(

Well part of it depends on where you got up to. It doesn't become ultra-hype for a while.

You're not a hater Croc, just a normal person. I think Ippo is boring.

Which is fair enough, sports series aren't for everyone. I will stand by my "Ippo has the best fights in all shounen" call though.

Yo B-dubs, so episode 66
A mothafuckin bear
you were right, beast mode takamura.

Episode 68
takamura da gawd.
also ippo is a sports anime which I think is very niche, I dont normally watch sports anime but ippo's popularity made me get into it which kinda makes me want to be a boxer now lol, but I can see how not just anybody can get into it, and it doesnt really "start" until ippo hits the big leagues.

You ain't ready for the beast mode levels that are coming dude. Keep in mind there's a movie coming up at some point that you'll need to watch as it takes place between a big event for Ippo and the start of a new season.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Well part of it depends on where you got up to. It doesn't become ultra-hype for a while.

Which is fair enough, sports series aren't for everyone. I will stand by my "Ippo has the best fights in all shounen" call though.

You ain't ready for the beast mode levels that are coming dude. Keep in mind there's a movie coming up at some point that you'll need to watch as it takes place between a big event for Ippo and the start of a new season.

Is it new challenger?

Cwarrior

Hajime no ippo is the goat(whatever that means) it's tragic that it's never aired on toonami along side other like hunter x hunter.

Thanks you've put me off great teacher onizuka thanks to your video of some school girl cliche typical sob story.

I have read and watch parts of the first onizuka ova & manga where his a delinquent student with his mate, I thought that was a pretty decent Yankee story but found the romance part to corny for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom