• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It's because many of fox's posts don't go beyond even a single line! It's called quality mang!

If you think about it though, Fox spends over an hour just making posts since there's the time limit between posts.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
75 posts a day? Goddamn. Is there really that much to post in a day?

No. I'm sure a lot of the posts are extremely short. There was a time when I averaged that number or so on AnimeGAF. I actually think it was possibly more. Also, some posts per day are deceptive because of the joined date. It's based off of when you register and not when you get approved. For instance, my approval took 13 months so the posts per day is completely wrong for me. It's around double I believe.

75 posts a day? Goddamn. Is there really that much to post in a day?
Looking at his post history, the vast majority seem to be less than 3 sentences in length. That's not necessarily a bad thing but quality trumps quantity any day. I'd also guess that toonami skews it somewhat but still, 76+ posts per day over a 4 month period is unreal.

But keep doing your thing fox, I enjoy having you around this thread.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I mostly post in this thread, the k-on communiy thread, and the smash bro thread, these are the threads I post the majority in it, the rest is sprinkles of animegaf If I every once in a while of reviewing an anime and in hopes of getting someone else to talk about it with me(which always fails) and random threads on gaming and off-topic, so yeah community threads will rack up your post count exponentially, especially if your a regular in multiple ones like me.

Fox post a lot not only in this thread but the Smash thread as well, I'm also sure I've seen Fox posting in another OT

Edit: Beaten by a Fox :(

Seda

Average post count includes the waiting period before you are activated, so those who have had to wait several months before becoming a Junior will have diluted average posts per day.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I had a monster post count when I first started because of the Brawl thread and being approved right away. Then I stopped posting anywhere near as much after it came out.

TL21xx

Banned
I barely post, mostly comes from 6 months of actively reading GAF without an account. That, and I tend to feel like I can't add too much to the discussion. Which is weird, because I tend to be really opinionated. Probably "dead horse" syndrome. Not to mention I mostly read on mobileGAF these days.

Adult Swim: A18-49 Rank (11:30 PM-6 AM) –
1. The Boondocks (11:30 PM): 0.64
2. Bleach (12 AM): 0.48
3. Full Metal: Brotherhood (4 AM): 0.42
4. Naruto (12:30 AM): 0.41
5. One Piece (1 AM): 0.40
6. Cowboy Bebop (4:30 AM): 0.40
7. Sword Art Online (2 AM): 0.39
8. Big O (3:30 AM): 0.38
9. Star Wars: Clone Wars (3 AM): 0.38
10. IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix (2:30 AM): 0.38
11. Inyuasha (5 AM): 0.38
12. Soul Eater (1:30 AM): 0.37
13. Inyuasha (5:30 AM): 0.32

god damn, Soul Eater

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I suppose i have an average post count, although i think I have the highest post count out of anybody here as well, just statistics of time I suppose.

Bass, do you have a Wii U?

Yeah got one at launch, BassForever is my NID on that. I'll eventually own all 3 next gen systems simply for the exclusives each one will have... or in the Xbone's case 1 exclusive cause I really only care about Halo and even then I'd rather play it on PC :X

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I dont know how many of you watch the monogatari series but if you seen the latest episode, holy shit right?
Fox you only have 35 posts today, gotta step it up
I was out like half the day and now im watching the animuz so its staying down today
I enjoy discussing and speculating upcoming Smash... I just get frustrated with the over hype and cloud = ridley esque "discoveries"

sakurai is a known troll, I wouldnt be surprised if a pokemon reveal was tonight on this random night

Cwarrior

Son, what schoolgirl sob story ends with a sledgehammer?

Sledgehammer are cool, her story is lame It's been done more times then are zubats in pokemon, but the solution is a bit different but that's not enough elevated the video above unpleasant.

Sledgehammer are cool, her story is lame It's been done more times then are zubats in pokemon, but the solution is a bit different but that's not enough elevated the video above unpleasant.

the entire point was for the problem to be pretty typical in order to create even more contrast with his outrageous solutions.

Cwarrior

the entire point was for the problem to be pretty typical in order to create even more contrast with his outrageous solutions.

Yes I get it but I don't feel it's good enough to make up for sitting through that cringe school girl's story.

Also noticed onizuka has the same voice as aoki from hajime no ippo who's awesome.

Apparently the anime adaptation isn't great, but I'd love for Danganronpa to be dubbed and brought to Toonami, some of the moments in this series would be great for Toonami GAFers

Yes I get it but I don't feel it's good enough to make up for sitting through that cringe school girl's story.

Also noticed onizuka has the same voice as aoki from hajime no ippo who is the shit.

i think you're vastly over-exaggerating just because you've seen that story before when there's nothing really wrong with it otherwise, but whatever. this is going nowhere. that's what the show is. they present some typical teenager problem, play up the comedy with Onizuka's absurd reactions, and then he has some outrageous solution like taking a sledgehammer to a wall or beating up some kids with a motorcycle gang. if "hey, i've heard stuff like this elsewhere" is that huge of a problem despite being the whole point, i can't really stop you.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Apparently the anime adaptation isn't great, but I'd love for Danganronpa to be dubbed and brought to Toonami, some of the moments in this series would be great for Toonami GAFers
I've been tempted to watch that, but considering the game is coming out in the US, I've been resisting the urge to wait until I play the game before watching it so I can go in fresh without anything spoiled.

I've been tempted to watch that, but considering the game is coming out in the US, I've been resisting the urge to wait until I play the game before watching it so I can go in fresh without anything spoiled.

The story is fantastic, the actual gameplay during the trials is pretty hit or miss. Even on the hardest difficulty the challenge usually comes from iffy design choices then clever puzzles.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Adult Swim: A18-49 Rank (11:30 PM-6 AM) –
1. The Boondocks (11:30 PM): 0.64
2. Bleach (12 AM): 0.48
3. Full Metal: Brotherhood (4 AM): 0.42
4. Naruto (12:30 AM): 0.41
5. One Piece (1 AM): 0.40
6. Cowboy Bebop (4:30 AM): 0.40
7. Sword Art Online (2 AM): 0.39
8. Big O (3:30 AM): 0.38
9. Star Wars: Clone Wars (3 AM): 0.38
10. IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix (2:30 AM): 0.38
11. Inyuasha (5 AM): 0.38
12. Soul Eater (1:30 AM): 0.37
13. Inyuasha (5:30 AM): 0.32

god damn, Soul Eater

WTF happened here?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I meant from last week. I haven't watched the first 90 minutes yet but have seen the Naruto and One Piece episodes before.

I've seen maybe 80% of Bleach all in all. Got very far watching it weekly as it came out of Japan before I gave up on it.

Do not listen to this man. Marathon Bleach, just make sure to skip the one off filler and Substitute Captain arc.

I was talking in terms to be caught up with Toonami to understand what's going on. If someone really wanted to marathon Bleach I'd tell them to read the manga which is way faster. Im also convinced that Bleach will reair once it finishes which is another reason I wouldn't marathon it at this time

No. Read the manga instead. It won't take as long.

Yes, reading the manga is faster, but I'd rather see the fights animated than sit through page after page of Kubo's incoherent ink slashes. Bleach doesn't exactly have the greatest story, people like it because of the action so in this case anime>manga. If he's already seen 80% of the series (roughly episode 255), dedicating an hour each day to watching Bleach should get him caught up in no time; that's 3 episodes a day. We're on 319 now so if my calculations are correct, he would be caught back up for the night of November 16th which is exactly one month from now. That's not too long of a wait for a better experience.

I was talking in terms to be caught up with Toonami to understand what's going on. If someone really wanted to marathon Bleach I'd tell them to read the manga which is way faster. Im also convinced that Bleach will reair once it finishes which is another reason I wouldn't marathon it at this time

See the above response

I'm not so sure Bleach is going to re-air. I have no idea what kind of deal toonami has but I'm sure the rights are expensive. They probably wouldn't shove it to the back of the block to get 600-700K views a night for the money they're paying to air it. We'll find out for sure sometime in the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom