• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
at least the ending to School Days is hilarious. Master of Martial Hearts is just......bad
Yeah, to some extent, you actually kind of felt some kind of relief that it happened. MoMH just....comes right the hell out of nowhere, & it's not even BASED on anything, no manga or light novel, nothing.

Granted, I THINK I heard something about School Days having that sort of ending before watching it (I can't remember, but that might have been the reason I watched it), but the only expectation I had for Martial Hearts was "hur hur another form of Ikki Tousen, but with actual nudity" (SHUT UP IT WAS THOSE TEENAGER HORMONES) which made a greater impact on me when I saw that 5th episode, & unlike School Days where, again, you actually were kind of glad the event happened, in MoMH, you felt like crap, trying to comprehend what just happened.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
woah woah woah dont go starting stuff 30 mins early so soon lol, I just got done watching the first episode of the 3rd season of ippo, so im ready when you are.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, it's a week of finales! Ichigo and Rukia try to escape Soul Society, with Naruto's battle in the books it's time for Hinata to take on her cousin Neji, Luffy goes one on one with Aokiji in an attempt to protect his crew from the powerful Admiral, Arachnophobia and the DWMA rumble over a magic tool, Kirito and Asuna take on another boss with Yui in tow, IGPX bows out with an hour long double episode finale, Big O takes on Big Fau as the bird whose wings have been plucked turns into the beast it was before it evolved into a bird, Alphonse makes a sacrifice with the help of Hohenheim, Bebop plays the Real Folk Blues for the final time (for now), and finally Koga's men run afoul of Team Sesshomaru.

12:00 - Bleach - 319 - Ichigo's Capture Net! Escape From Soul Society!
12:30 - Naruto - 46 - Byakugan Battle: Hinata Grows Bold!
1:00 - One Piece - 228 - Duel Between Rubber and Ice! Luffy vs. Aokiji!
1:30 - Soul Eater - 34 - The Battle for Brew – Clash: The DWMA vs. Arachnophobia?
2:00 - Sword Art Online - 12 - Yui's Heart
2:30 - IGPX - 25 - Hostile Contradiction
3:00 - IGPX - 26 - The End and the Beginning - END
3:30 - Big O - 26 - The Show Must Go On - END
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 49 - Filial Affection
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 26 - The Real Folk Blues (Part 2) - END
5:00 - Inuyasha - 99 - Koga and Sesshomaru, A Dangerous Encounter
5:30 - Inuyasha - 100 - Truth Behind the Nightmare: Battle in the Forest of Sorrow

To those of you who care, don't forget that the SAO contest starts tonight. Be on the lookout for a special keyword that will be shown during tonight's episode and enter it here: http://www.aniplexusacontest.com/ You could win some waifu-rrific prizes including a Sony personal 3D viewer. But we all know that the best prize is a pack of those Bushiroad trading cards.

MMH is just a dumb mind fuck and it ain't got nothing on NICE BOAT.

But that's why it's amazing! NICE BOAT is just the concept taken to its extreme by actually showing major repercussions. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was always building up to something like that, but it's actually a logical way of closing the story.

MMH on the other hand comes out of nowhere. There is absolutely NO indication things could wind up like that. It's not a mere tone shift, but rather a contradiction of everything that had been seen up to that point. It is the very definition of a troll ending.

Panty and Stocking, School Days, End of Evangelion; those don't have SHIT on the ending of Master of Martial Hearts. It's a work of art! It requires more than balls to do that. You pretty much have to be able to say "fuck it!" in any situation. Someone with such a pure understanding of the concept is what makes it a masterpiece.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
They're making a Pac Man game based on the show? Why not just release regular old Pac Man?

Also can anyone read my stuff in the stream chat?

They are also doing this, but that also wanted a game based off the terrible new show.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Man, with all the talk of three shows ending, I might as well update the "End Dates" of the other ones.

I'm removing IGPX from the roster since it's being relegated down to "super late night reruns" a/la FMA: B and InuYasha.

FLCL: November 30th 2013
Sword Art Online: January 18th 2014
Soul Eater: February 15th 2014
Bleach: September 13th 2014
Naruto (canon material): July 4th 2015

One Piece: ... .HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I have no clue about Clone Wars since they're removing episodes.

As per usual, these are tentative dates not counting future movie nights or events.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬
┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

I have all my tables lined up for SAO

┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

I have all my tables lined up for SAO

You're not going to need that many this week isn't as bad

Valvrave 8-10

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jojo 5

Ain't nothing gonna stop Dio :D

Fate/Zero 6

Less talking, more action

Darker than Black 4

What kind of person would set her friend and her friend's papa ablaze? D:

Steins;gate 6

Mother of God

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Booty dance! Booty dance! Booty dance!

"Riley thought it was his name until he was three" Haha wow.

bigkrev

Left my friends behind at the bar to make it home for Toonami

Somewhere in my 25 years of life, I lost the definition of "Priority"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom