• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amikami

Banned
I never do the cheesy holiday avatar thing, so you are not alone.

Lol. Sometimes I go along. I won't for Halloween, but I got a little Christmas one somewhere that I might get back out. Besides from Schaden, GMN and The Batman took me a bit.

Plus, I might have gotten confused between The Batman and Batdan, whose avatar I confused with B-Dubs. I'm all over the place today.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've seen the series multiple times, I know what the soundtrack is like. You must not have watched the video..

No, I've seen the video about a hunred times. It's has shlocky death metal in it. I was explaining to anyone who watched the promo but hadn't seen G Gundam that the soundtrack isn't like that, that's all.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
While I'm thinking about it, I heard something among the lines of the fact Gainax made FLCL after Evangelion as a way to "get everyone's moods back into the spirit of things after working on Eva, which wore the team out" or something, just as a way to make something fun. Has anyone else heard of that?

While I'm thinking about it, I heard something among the lines of the fact Gainax made FLCL after Evangelion as a way to "get everyone's moods back into the spirit of things after working on Eva, which wore the team out" or something, just as a way to make something fun. Has anyone else heard of that?

I'm pretty sure i've heard something to that effect,

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm pretty sure i've heard something to that effect,
Oh good, so I'm not imagining it. I only really heard it in someone's review of the series & how "you could tell they just did whatever the hell they want" or whatever, but can't seem to really find it anyplace else. Maybe I just need to try harder or it's part of the DVDs.

There's a few other small facts I know, but I'll wait until the episodes air to point them out.

ezekial45

Banned
2vIYu5w.png

They lose the license for Bebop?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They lose the license for Bebop?
Funimation recently got the license for the series in August (along with stuff like Code Geass, Outlaw Star, & more) so I wouldn't be surprised if they're just working something out with them to get the rights back.

...& maybe have it be the HD version that'll be on Blu-Ray & DVD next year...

Tonight might be one of the best overall nights of Toonami this year

Edit: So in having to system restore my laptop to remove the malware that was on it I somehow lost all my Firefox bookmarks so all my gifs are gone :'[

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Tonight might be one of the best overall nights of Toonami this year

Edit: So in having to system restore my laptop to remove the malware that was on it I somehow lost all my Firefox bookmarks so all my gifs are gone :'[

And here I may not be able to stay up for the whole thing

How would yall feel if the watchblock started 30 minutes early?

Only concern is we usually have stragglers and people who show up to the thread pretty much right before 9 so they'd miss it. I feel like if you wanted to start it earlier we should have said something a few days ago. I mean I would have missed had I not decided to check where a heart tank was located in Mega Man X4 :X

Oh. It would be so we can get an extra episode of Valvrave in. =D

I don't think Seda could handle that lol
though I understand why you want to air that episode this week ;)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait, is it so we can get to "that" episode of Valvrave that I've heard about?

Well, in any case, as mentioned, I'd be fine with starting earlier?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Only anime that I can think of that "broke" me would have to be the final episode of Master of Martial Hearts. Just....ugh, WTF.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So... I know it is super short notice but I think we'll start the watchblock 20 minutes earlier than planned just so we can get Valvrave out of the way. For future instances, I promise to make the notice ahead of times. Why am I starting early today? Stuff happened and I need yall. T_T

Tenumi

Banned
I've watched half of FLCL. Gonna be fun to finally watch the second half.

Don't know if I'll be around tonight. Got Pokemon Y yesterday and I've yet to have a good time to sit down and play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom