• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is fun to watch FLCL virgins try and make sense of all this.

Since most of my exposure to the English VAs comes from the outtakes on the DVDs, they did a pretty good job finding people who can match the tone the Japanese VAs used.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Kayos, why? I thought you were cool.

He has a habit of trying to shit on shows that are actually good in the attempt of trying to be "different from the rest". Just put it on the same level of DTL shitting on shows that focus on female leads and move on. :lol

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Kayos, why? I thought you were cool.

This show is not for me. Other than its animation and music I found no redeemable narrative elements in the show. It's terrible. It's also not for me. It sort of follows the same problem I have with monogatari except rather than being sophisticated it tries to come off as cool and hipster or w/e. I don't care for it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
FLCL actually makes a staggering amount of sense if you watch it multiple times and pay attention to every last detail.

Jintor

I don't really know how to quantify what I love about FLCL anyway so I wouldn't really want to enter into an argument about its quality

kayos90

He has a habit of trying to shit on shows that are actually good in the attempt of trying to be "different from the rest". Just put it on the same level of DTL shitting on shows that focus on female leads and move on. :lol

Uh.... what? No. I think you have me confused with dimb. There are only a handful of shows I actually actively hate. Don't misrepresent me and spread lies. It just makes you look like a bully.

Seda

So Vespa girl wants something to do with the boy for some reason and hits him for some reason and left a mark on his head for some reason (which turns into a portal?)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, this scene. One of my favorites in any anime. Bummed me out when the manga actually wasn't like that.

kayos90

SDBurton is over here? What deviltry is this?

I noticed that he has a tendency to say shit about me whenever I say something that is controversial to popular opinion, which is rare. Thanks for do your job SDBurton. Glad to know your harassing is being carried out outside the thread.

789shadow

Banned
i8vcNrMaLOUI1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom