• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They once aired Tenchi OVA in the middle of the day without cutting a single episode, they can handle Kill la Kill! Maybe.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Toonami Jetstream most likely not coming back. A shame, I remember wanting to check that out as a kid, but I had really terrible internet back then.

Not with those outfits, unless the dub censor makes everyone 18
Well Ryuko IS 17, so Funimation could just say she's 18....close enough? Not to mention Satsuki already is 18.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Toonami Jetstream most likely not coming back. A shame, I remember wanting to check that out as a kid, but I had really terrible internet back then.

It was a pretty cool web 2.0 experiment before the internet was really ready for it. I did have a good connection back then and I spent a few sleepless nights catching up on some stuff there.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
We live in a Crunchyroll world now, Toonami Jetstream is not needed in this day and age.

Most of the content Jetstream had was old as dirt though, a market crunchyroll doesn't service well. Also just think of Novid out there, all alone in the night.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I recall Blue Submarine Number 6 being less strange and more mind numbly dull and boring and sleep inducing.

YEP. Wolf's Rain only with an even higher animation budget and a lot shorter.

I fell asleep during the first and second airings.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To add to the fact Dec. won't have Studio Ghibli films, they said it's very hard to get the rights to air them at the moment. Sounds like Month of Miyazaki won't be returning anytime soon....

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To add to the fact Dec. won't have Studio Ghibli films, they said it's very hard to get the rights to air them at the moment. Sounds like Month of Miyazaki won't be returning anytime soon....

The only reason that happened in the first place was TCM's week of Ghibli got them exclusive airing rights for a set number of months so they eventually ran with it on Toonami.

That week of Ghibli is the greatest moment in anime airing on US television history. Changed my life.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Aren't the dubbed ghibli movies tied to Disney somehow? Understandable in that case..
I think aside from maybe Mononoke (since it was "too violent", & even then, it was done under another company that they own), Disney pretty much has all the rights with maybe one or two others that I can't think of.

LycanXIII

"Anonymous Asked: Can you please stop airing fail shows like clone wars, and soul eater and air more epic shows like one piece and bleach?"

lol,k

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No real demand for Death Note. Kind of can understand, since there's not much actual "action" that'd fit with the other shows. Oh well.

Now I'm tempted to ask what the top requested shows that wouldn't fit under the requirements would be.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Someone out there legit thinks Soul Eater is a bad show

:(

Before this airing/all of you being so high on it the impression I always got was mixed to bad.

To think those dumb assholes on the internet prevented me from watching it for all these years. I had the funimation channel, I had netflix. But noooo.

EDIT: Anyone ask for ye olde Baccano yet?

No real demand for Death Note. Kind of can understand, since there's not much actual "action" that'd fit with the other shows. Oh well.

Now I'm tempted to ask what the top requested shows that wouldn't fit under the requirements would be.

I think at this point everyone who's wanted to see Deathnote has, and those who did don't want to rewatch s2

Before this airing/all of you being so high on it the impression I always got was mixed to bad.

To think those dumb assholes on the internet prevented me from watching it for all these years. I had the funimation channel, I had netflix. But noooo.

Well apparently the Japanese version wasn't as good due to Maka having an awful va.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think at this point everyone who's wanted to see Deathnote has, and those who did don't want to rewatch s2

The real tragedy here is I bet there are a ton of people out there who would love Morbito, Death Note, DRRR, Code Geass and all these other shows that aired when Adult Swim was in its doldrums but don't know about them at all because they're wasn't the hype around the block back then.

Well apparently the Japanese version wasn't as good due to Maka having an awful va.

Never stopped DBZ from being popular...

Levyne

Banned
Here I am madly refreshing a page answering mostly unrelated or inane questions about a mostly re-run action cartoon block that airs in the middle of the night

._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom