• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So the more noteworthy info out of this was:

- SAO & Soul Eater will indeed get replaced with new shows
- FLCL will re-air again after the 6th episode airs.
- Studio Ghibli films most likely won't be part of the Dec. movies, as the rights are very hard to obtain at the moment
- 11:30 slot might stay depending on how well Space Dandy does, which negotiations started about 10 months ago
- TV Q&A was received univerally positive, even to the point in resulting in more followers
- Small budget increase
- Top requested shows (in order) are Attack on Titan, DBZ, Fairy Tail, Toriko, and Kill la Kill
- Speaking of Kill la Kill, should it actually air, it would most likely get censored
- Toonami Jetstream most likely not coming back
- They don't have the rights to the Clone Wars micro series anymore by Gennedy
- Cowboy Bebop might come back, but they gotta work the rights out again
- 3 AM to 6 AM is basically the block for the more cheaper shows they can afford

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I find it highly amusing that the only blockbuster movie that used toonami to advertise that didn't get the top twitter spot was the only one not to do well in domestic box office, though you'd think the toonami faithful would be all over that one.

I find it highly amusing that the only blockbuster movie that used toonami to advertise that didn't get the top twitter spot was the only one not to do well in domestic box office, though you'd think the toonami faithful would be all over that one.

What movie is this?

So I was thinking, with Space Dandy airing about the same time worldwide there is a possibility other shows could in the future as well. Maybe if the inevitable Bleach Blood War anime gets announced in the next year or so they could do the same thing and just keep Bleach airing until its true conclusion.

todd360

So the more noteworthy info out of this was:

- SAO & Soul Eater will indeed get replaced with new shows
- FLCL will re-air again after the 6th episode airs.
- Studio Ghibli films most likely won't be part of the Dec. movies, as the rights are very hard to obtain at the moment
- 11:30 slot might stay depending on how well Space Dandy does, which negotiations started about 10 months ago
- TV Q&A was received univerally positive, even to the point in resulting in more followers
- Small budget increase
- Top requested shows (in order) are Attack on Titan, DBZ, Fairy Tail, Toriko, and Kill la Kill
- Speaking of Kill la Kill, should it actually air, it would most likely get censored
- Toonami Jetstream most likely not coming back
- They don't have the rights to the Clone Wars micro series anymore by Gennedy
- Cowboy Bebop might come back, but they gotta work the rights out again
- 3 AM to 6 AM is basically the block for the more cheaper shows they can afford

Is Toriko good? Everything I have seen of it makes me say this show is garbage. I mostly only saw the main character in a one piece special.

Is Toriko good? Everything I have seen of it makes me say this show is garbage. I mostly only saw the main character in a one piece special.

Can't comment on the anime but the manga starts slow and awkward but really hits a stride during the century soup arc and has been a roller coaster of awesome since then.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Summer Wars would be a great watch again with a group of people....though they'd probably censor some of the swears (seriously, a PG rating in 2009 & it somehow had a decent amount of swearing, including stuff ya can't say on TV. A shame, could've been a great family movie if not for some of the language).

Sacred Star of Milos, I would be surprised if that WASN'T one of the movies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is Summer Wars really that good?
It's pretty decent. It's the guy who also did The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (another good movie) and did the animation for the Digimon movie. Remember the one part from the movie where Ty & Izzy were on the computer trying to stop an evil Digimon from hacking all the electronics to take over the world? It's basically that, but better executed, more fleshed out, and original characters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ya know, the Gurren Lagann films would be perfect (mainly the first one) since they're basically a movie version of the series but with added scenes, so even if ya haven't watch the series, you're still filled in with what happened so it can act as a stand alone film without any prior knowledge (for the most part).

....plus the fight from the second movie would be AMAZING to see on TV in HD.

Moaradin

Ya know, the Gurren Lagann films would be perfect (mainly the first one) since they're basically a movie version of the series but with added scenes, so even if ya haven't watch the series, you're still filled in with what happened so it can act as a stand alone film without any prior knowledge (for the most part).

....plus the fight from the second movie would be AMAZING to see on TV in HD.

Those movies weren't ever dubbed sadly.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Those movies weren't ever dubbed sadly.
Craaaaaaaaaaaap, I completely forgot. Damn you, Aniplex. At least they dubbed the series....wonder if SyFy still has the rights.

Seeing how Redline is available for free on youtube. I can't imagine it would be hard to get on tv.
I remember Japanator mentioned this, then someone else mentioned it's been up for a while. Sounds like a movie I should watch one of these days. If it doesn't air on Toonami, maybe I'll watch it on YouTube.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Good Dubbed movies they can easily get the rights to:

Either FMA movie
Four Inuyasha movies
Trigun Badlands Rumble
One Piece Alabasta movie

Bad dubbed movies they can easily get the rights to:

However many Naruto and Bleach movies they dubbed.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think people try too hard to be angry at SAO.

No it's not well written. Yes it can be actively insulting to the viewing audience (at times, not throughout) but it's really not that bad and I'd never call it boring.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's a reason why it's being aired in America first and dubbed simultaneously. That reason is money.

Cowboy Bebop originally aired on a small channel in Japan and was nearly canceled after the first 13 episodes. Jupiter Jazz part 2 almost became the biggest case of blue balls in the history of anime.

Crocodile

That was your body shutting itself down in order to protect itself, MCXC

There's a "joke" here but I won't make it because I want to continue to be able to look myself in the mirror >_>

Might have something to do with 12 years of royalty checks coming in from Adult Swim...

Is this speculation or fact?

There's a reason why it's being aired in America first and dubbed simultaneously. That reason is money.

Cowboy Bebop originally aired on a small channel in Japan and was nearly canceled after the first 13 episodes. Jupiter Jazz part 2 almost became the biggest case of blue balls in the history of anime.

Damn O_O. I can't imagine how different the Western anime fandom would be if Cowboy Bebop got cut down.

No it's not well written. Yes it can be actively insulting to the viewing audience (at times, not throughout) but it's really not that bad and I'd never call it boring.

Yes it is that bad and "boring" would be too much of a compliment.

At this point, I enjoy the hate watch with the group and am curious to see how SAO could possibly get any worse (which is what we've been warned/threatened).

But I would never, under any circumstances, recommend SAO to anyone. Ever.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

No it really is pretty bad. It's screwed the pooch on every story beat so far, had it been able to hit even one of them I'd agree with you. If you can't hit the story beats you should at least have good action to fall back on, it doesn't even have that.

Nope, Bebop did pretty poorly over there.

Some people have no taste.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good Dubbed movies they can easily get the rights to:

Either FMA movie
Four Inuyasha movies
Trigun Badlands Rumble
One Piece Strong World

Bad dubbed movies they can easily get the rights to:

However many Naruto and Bleach movies they dubbed.

Fixed that for you. It will be out in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom