• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Usually whatever anime I watched first in either dub or sub is what I stick to wit ha few exceptions, wont watch rouroni kenshin and yu yu hakusho and DBZ dub altho ive heard them(and seen some of the movies that werent dubbed of DBZ) and so on so fourth, I switched from bleach and naruto dub to sub when naruto was no longer airing and adult swim always had like 5 month breaks for bleach between arcs and got tired of that.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It's interesting that Naruto Shippuden was the missing title in the last "Top 5 most wanted" for Toonami.

And random scheduling speculation: if Dragonball Z Kai was also on a 4 year contract, it'll be up on May 24th, 2014. But nothing (we know of) is really ending around that time.

Moaradin

Should be interesting to hear the dub of Shippuden when that starts. The voice acting for Naruto improves greatly by the time Shippuden comes around. It was pretty jarring going from Shippuden to beginning Naruto on Toonami.

bigkrev

As much as I dislike DBZ, I think it should be part of the block if they can get it.

In other news, I got a job today! Will have zero effect whatsoever on me watching Toonami though, but I thought it was relevant.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They stopped saying "3 movie nights" a while ago and keep saying "a month of movies". I'm really starting to think that all these new announcements made them change plans. So I'm expecting 4 movie nights, especially since Demarco keeps avoiding the issue on twitter.

Also entirely possible. I'm betting at least one of them is the god awful first Shippuden movie (that I got free with Clash of Ninja Revolution III and still felt overcharged with) and probably one of the Bleach movies.

LOLDSFAN

Whaaaaaat???

I did not see that coming.

Man I've been keeping up with the DVD releases and I'm on episode 193. I don't know if I want to continue or wait years until they catch up.
wtzgU.gif

Also congrats bigkrev!

Levyne

Banned
I was keeping up with what was dubbed but lost interest somewhere along the way. It'll be a nice rewatch for several years I suppose

TL21xx

Banned
As someone who's cooled on Naruto due to the past year and a half of the manga, I have to admit even I'm pretty hyped for this. I was really disapointed by Disney showing their inability to showcase content aimed at an older audience like Shippuden and then later Tron: Uprising. Glad to see it finally hit the airwaves in a place people will watch it. Some of the pacing is rough, but overall Shippuden is fun. Things are really looking up for Toonami in 2014!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shippuden has a pretty good dub along the lines of what you got from the end of the original series.

I know from randomly tuning in a couple of times on Tuesday at 2am or whenever the hell Disney was burning them off that they got to at least the middle of Seda's favorite arc.

grandjedi6

Last I heard even Kai reruns do well enough. It's not like Shippuden which just isn't used at all.

What reruns? Dragonball hasn't aired on Nicktoons since April iirc. It mostly just airs on 4kids's old saturday morning block on CW. Alongside other hit shows like Yugioh reruns and Sonic X lol

Last I heard even Kai reruns do well enough. It's not like Shippuden which just isn't used at all.

Also entirely possible. I'm betting at least one of them is the god awful first Shippuden movie (that I got free with Clash of Ninja Revolution III and still felt overcharged with) and probably one of the Bleach movies.
Ugghhhh. But you're probably right. With 4 movie nights, at least one will have to be Naruto or Bleach. And probably not a good one either.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Last time I watched Kai on TV was early spring this year so that makes a lot of sense. I don't watch a ton of Nicktoons unless I'm babysitting!

It would do great on Toonami and I'd be down for watching it again, especially since the Buu arc is getting done sometime soon. I'd also be fine with eventually DVRing it wherever it goes and buying or netflixing the disc version when I had the chance.

Seda

I havent watched the Buu arc in forever. I didn't like it very much but I have to wonder how much improved Kai pacing can benefit the arc.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It completely fixed the Cell Arc which I always thought as a teenager had the worst pacing of the series, even worse than the clearly obvious time padding nonsense during the end of the Frieza arc. Kai will be great. People will still bitch because they didn't completely reanimate it/they didn't like some of the techniques used to smooth the picture but I didn't mind the touch up at all.

Also the new dub is fantastic and completely on par with the best work Funimation has done.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I really hope we get Sacred Star of Milos. I enjoyed it a fair amount.
I've stated it before, but I seriously wouldn't mind rewatching this, especially since the first time I saw this was with my friends/Japanese Culture Club members and we had a great time. Would be fun to do it again with you guys. & honestly, considering how many times they've shown Brotherhood, they've got a good amount of FMA fans that'd watch it, plus it's stand-alone, so even if you haven't, you can still follow the plot for the most part.

grandjedi6

Last time I watched Kai on TV was early spring this year so that makes a lot of sense. I don't watch a ton of Nicktoons unless I'm babysitting!

It would do great on Toonami and I'd be down for watching it again, especially since the Buu arc is getting done sometime soon. I'd also be fine with eventually DVRing it wherever it goes and buying or netflixing the disc version when I had the chance.
I don't either. I just researched it a while ago. Plus, Vortexx airs on an otherwise good Chicago channel so sometimes I accidently see that awful block in action.

And yeah, Dragonball would do great on Toonami. Certainly better than it's current block. The Vortexx block somehow does worse than Toonami despite being on during Saturday morning and on a national broadcast station.

Also when is that Buu arc going to air. They've been working on it for ages but with no channel to air it on. I can only assume they're waiting for "someone" to pick it up.

Zexal also premieres on there iirc.
The Adventures of Chuck and Friends (August 17, 2013–present)E/I
Rescue Heroes (August 25, 2012–March 2, 2013; April 20, 2013–present)E/I
Sonic X † (October 6, 2012–present)
Bolts and Blip (July 13, 2013–present)
The Spectacular Spider-Man (August 17, 2013–present)
Justice League Unlimited (August 25, 2012–present)
Dragon Ball Z Kai † (August 25, 2012–present)
B-Daman Crossfire (August 17, 2013–present)
Yu-Gi-Oh! † (August 25, 2012–present)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal † (August 25, 2012–present)

What a great schedule!
I really hope we get Sacred Star of Milos. I enjoyed it a fair amount.
That would be a great choice.

Most of the movies I'd hope for haven't been dubbed yet or stand no chance of airing.

bigkrev

Sonic X is STILL on TV? Damn, that show must rival Inuyasha in terms of repeats.

It's still responsible for subjecting all these poor kids into the disappointing life of a Sonic fan.
And turning a percentage of them into people who write erotic Sonic fanfiction

Crocodile

Didn't expect Shippuden to arrive so soon. Shame we miss some of the sweet fights in the Sasuke retrial Arc but at least we sidestep filler hell.

I'm not particularly interested in DBZ Kai until the Buu arc is ready to go.

I just saw the news of Naruto Shippuden airing starting January. I'm not all that excited for it since I'm not a Naruto fan, but I know a lot of people may be.

Shippuden was the last show I thought would come to the block. I thought DisneyXD would have kept the show to themselves with their terrible edits. I only saw 3 episodes of it on DisneyXD (which all 3 were fighting scenes), and it was really edited. No blood, can't say the word "kill", barely showing swords, etc. So glad there's going to be an uncut version.

Amikami

Banned
As much as I dislike DBZ, I think it should be part of the block if they can get it.

In other news, I got a job today! Will have zero effect whatsoever on me watching Toonami though, but I thought it was relevant.

DBZ is okay, but I've seen it so much now over the years, I'm in no hurry to see it again, but it would probably be smart to put it on there if possible.

Congrats!

So were skipping the beat parts of Naruto to skip to the inferior part 2? Blah, part 2 of Naruto has maybe 2-3 good moments which don't offset the ton of bad ones. Guess December for me will be a OG naruto anime marathon month to see all the episodes I haven't see yet (read the manga)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wow, even I don't believe it. (lol)

Thrilled Shippuden is coming, but... I didn't start watching it until exactly episode 200 (Five Kages Summit.) Quite a ways to go until then, haha. Hopefully the ramp up to the Pain arc isn't boring.

Biggest news: Toonami saved from Naruto Filler Hell!
LtNDbKz.png
(LOL "filler doesn't exist.")

Edit- Wait, so no Haruka Kanata EVER? That's kinda lame but then again it won't be cut down...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So were skipping the beat parts of Naruto to skip to the inferior part 2? Blah, part 2 of Naruto has maybe 2-3 good moments which don't offset the ton of bad ones. Guess December for me will be a OG naruto anime marathon month to see all the episodes I haven't see yet (read the manga)

We should do a group watch of what's left in the cannon

The Adventures of Chuck and Friends (August 17, 2013–present)E/I
Rescue Heroes (August 25, 2012–March 2, 2013; April 20, 2013–present)E/I
Sonic X † (October 6, 2012–present)
Bolts and Blip (July 13, 2013–present)
The Spectacular Spider-Man (August 17, 2013–present)
Justice League Unlimited (August 25, 2012–present)
Dragon Ball Z Kai † (August 25, 2012–present)
B-Daman Crossfire (August 17, 2013–present)
Yu-Gi-Oh! † (August 25, 2012–present)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal † (August 25, 2012–present)

What a great schedule!
Bro, I fucks with Justice League Unlimited. That show is awesome.

Crocodile

HALP GAF! One of my best friends for over 20 years has started watching Sword Art Online and he appears to be........liking it! What do I do? :(

ckohler

Hi guys. So, what's going on in... WHA?! Crazy news.

I'm a big fan of the first Shippuden opening.

I've only seen the first episode of Shippuden and I have to say, that first opening is definitely one of the best anime opens I've ever seen. Perfect music, animation, pacing.. wow. It's a shame it'll be trimmed.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
My favorite Shippuden opening, cheesy English and all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fabOi61Fq-k

Corresponds to my favorite arc of course.

It's probably the second best song, maybe even the best song. Still have it on my favorites list years later (along with Diver and Sign.) Something about the opening doesn't really come together well though. Plus completely unnecessary shirtless Naruto drags it down a little.

1. Diver (8)
2. Sign (6)
3. Closer (4)
4. Lovers (9)
5. Size of the Moon (14)
Possibly the best animation this side of Diver, and a song that's really fresh and unique which works well.

6. Not Even Giving In To the Sudden Rain (13)
GREAT animation, but one of the weaker NICO songs
7. Moshimo (12)
8. The World that was Transparent (7)
9. Blue Bird (3)
10. Glow of a Firefly (5)
11. Distance (2)
12. Hero's Come Back!! (1)

13. Newsong (10)
14. Assault Rock (11)

But everything past fifth spot is kinda meh. They're actually all good songs though (Newsong is actually pretty great, but the animation is awful), except for the garbage-tier Assault Rock. That opening was a grind to get through, kept hoping each new ep would have a different one.

* I don't have any nostalgia or even much familiarity with the first five or so openings, which might show in my rankings.

Raxus

It is going to be weird that Hinata was just carried away on a gurney and she'll come back
carrying so much of the plot.

Amikami

Banned
Who would win in a fight between Naruto and Aizen if all they could do is talk?

TNJ is unbeatable. The power of friendship is too strong.

You can grab that fucker by the neck, and he still holds your hand and tells you to come along.

Naruto's kind of a creepy guy if you think about it. He's the type of guy who will stalk you after you break up and insist on being 'just friends'. I know he had a lonely childhood but damn!

It is going to be weird that Hinata was just carried away on a gurney and she'll come back
carrying so much of the plot.

gentlemen, we can rebuild her. we have the technology. we have the capability to create a girl with huge cans. Hinata will be that girl. bustier than she was before. better, bouncier, rounder.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
TNJ is unbeatable. The power of friendship is too strong.

You can grab that fucker by the neck, and he still holds your hand and tells you to come along.

Naruto's kind of a creepy guy if you think about it. He's the type of guy who will stalk you after you break up and insist on being 'just friends'. I know he had a lonely childhood but damn!

everyone in naruto is kinda really fucked up in the head, alot of them have excuses but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom