• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the manga bro, it won't take that much more time and you'll be much less lost. Names and techniques without images attached won't do it justice. And this is coming from someone who thinks Naruto is really over rated.

This is actually a great idea, will do!

Maybe Fox or I can make a catch-up guide like the one One Piece super fans made way back when. It'd be easier than the One Piece one.

Oooh, I'd love that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah I could probably describe what happens between now and the end of canon in two or three paragraphs without missing much at all.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fun Fact: The one young female character in Inuyasha who is supposed to look like Kagome is the only one who doesn't look like her at all.

Hell black hair Inuyasha looks more like Kagome than Kikiyo does.

Seda

Come on, man. Did Lee give up on his ninja training because it was too hard? No, he kept on training and became a splendid ninja. Are you with me, Fox?

I can make gifs some key and favorite moments, I've gotten better with those (and keeping filesize down). Don't want to overdo it though.

Looks like bleach is overstaying its welcome

You shut your mouth, this arc has been great so far. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when Bleach finally ends.

QCAp8Er.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I think she looks like kagome, cept she is always glinting, she is always serious and shit.

and frued....but words fine, maybe tomorrow :D

For MCXC

The Naruto anime will end on episode 52 on Toonami, the last canon episode of Naruto is 135 (and then you skip to like 220 I believe) and 7 episodes between 52-135 are filler so that leaves you with 76/77 canon episodes left to watch IE more then half the series. The manga chapter that lines up with where Toonami will end is chapter 90 and the final chapter of part 1 is 238 so 148 manga chapters to read. If I were you I'd go the manga route to catch up. Personally I've already read the manga so I'm going to make an effort to watch all the episodes of canon before January but if you're a first time viewer reading the manga will work just as well.

the Toonami i seem to want is a mixture, not something that goes balls-out on one genre just because it's successful. what you want is something that basically locks out everyone who isn't interested in that one genre and says "sorry, this block isn't for you." why is the goal not to BROADEN the audience? you don't need to entice the Bleach/Naruto audience to watch the block. they're already here. and if the shows that come on afterwards appeal to them, they'll watch them. it's a matter of finding what those shows are. the average guy watching Bleach isn't only interested in long-running shonen, you can find some other show he's willing to watch and, consequently, the person who isn't interested in long-running shonen will give a shot. and if you throw that show on late, late at night because the first two hours are clogged up with the same thing, less people are going to have the chance to see it and the opportunity to expand the audience to people who will give all those other shows a shot that they didn't before dramatically falls.

and if we're gonna pull the Family Guy card then why does Toonami exist at all? why is anime on this network? it's in the interest of VARIETY, isn't it?

foxuzamaki

For MCXC

The Naruto anime will end on episode 52 on Toonami, the last canon episode of Naruto is 135 (and then you skip to like 220 I believe) and 7 episodes between 52-135 are filler so that leaves you with 76/77 canon episodes left to watch IE more then half the series. The manga chapter that lines up with where Toonami will end is chapter 90 and the final chapter of part 1 is 238 so 148 manga chapters to read. If I were you I'd go the manga route to catch up. Personally I've already read the manga so I'm going to make an effort to watch all the episodes of canon before January but if you're a first time viewer reading the manga will work just as well.

I could blow through 76 episodes in a week
based hajime no ippo

I could blow through 76 episodes in a week

I watched about 570ish episodes of One Piece in a month, never doing that again which is why I've gone to a 3-5 a day depending on the series for marathons. Keeps me from burning out, not that I burned out on OP (it's so damn good) but physically my body felt sick lol I was literally doing nothing but working 40 hours a week then going home and watching OP til I went to bed.

The Naruto manga is better anyway, easier to skip flashbacks.

Yeah the Naruto manga is way better then the anime, while some fights really are awesome ala Rock Lee vs Gaara, most everything else has been worse in the anime thanks to the god awful pacing.

Fun Fact: Bleach currently has 558 chapters, which is what Inuyasha ended at.

Once Inuyasha ends on Toonami I'll sit down and read the entire manga of InuYasha. Also is Kubo had any sense of pacing the series would probably only be 250ish chapters.

foxuzamaki

HOTD mangaka is a former hentai artist, but beyond that you would be surprised how many manga authors and artists use to draw hentai in order to make end's meat.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i'm probably the only one, but i found the jiggling and stuff more comical than anything else. kind of added to the appeal of it being really over-the-top.

My best friend in the world finds breasts replusive and loves HSOTD in part because of this. Also how ridiculous other things about that world are like how ridiculously quickly the infection spreads and how over the top everything else is about it.

Never seen HotD, but it's one of the few anime my not anime friends in college generally enjoyed.

I marathoned it over the course of a few lazy Sunday's my Junior year in college and generally enjoyed HxD. It's pretty much an action-harem hybrid that doesn't take itself too seriously and caters to a very specific audience. As long as you don't go in expecting Bebop, I don't see how many people can walk away from the show disappointed.

I marathoned it over the course of a few lazy Sunday's my Junior year in college and generally enjoyed HxD. It's pretty much an action-harem hybrid that doesn't take itself too seriously and caters to a very specific audience. As long as you don't go in expecting Bebop, I don't see how many people can walk away from the show disappointed.

I'm pretty sure DTL would never enjoy the series :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Highschool of the dead IS hilarious and so over the top that it's hard not to like it on some level. You've got to respect such dedication to sleaze, guns, ridiculous day after the apocalypse cults of personality and general zombie slaying mayhem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom