• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

UUGGHGHHHHH KILL LA KILL IS GETTING SO HYPE

Kick Heart
intensifies.

Can we leave the Anime/Manga-GAF shit in the Anime/Manga-GAF threads?
Apologies. I'll try and avoid it in the future. I typically did manga 'check ins' when the series aired but I got really hyped by the new OP this week.
We're blending too much.
I blame Sword Art Online.
If we combine Aunt Tits with SAO it will be Armageddon here.

mhs004

The only thing I'm looking forward to this Saturday is One Piece. Bleach is filler, Naruto is going to be boring, Soul Eater is getting to the point were it started sucking in my opinion, and SAO is shit.

Seda

Can we leave the Anime/Manga-GAF shit in the Anime/Manga-GAF threads?

Bouncing off of Meta's comment here:

I've been really lenient with this sort of stuff, but, let's try to keep Manga talk and Kill La Kill and whatever to a minimum. Kill la Kill has a thread, Manga stuff has a thread. Go there first.

I don't want to have to monitor posts and delete stuff but really, Kill la Kill talk and such have no reason to be in this thread.

And I don't want to say I'm deleting anything that strays slightly off topic, but use some common sense.

Raxus

In defense of Kill la Kill I think I spill over here because a) it lacks the fan art in the thread which I despise and b) I want word to spread to DeMarco and dubbing companies to get it on the air ASAP since it is 'nearly' perfect to air on Toonami.

Plus watching today's episode made me think of Kick Heart almost immediately.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I just remembered, I have a reaction shot of me watching King Star King a few weeks back when it aired on Toonami that I couldn't post at the time because I was banned, I'll see if I can find it when I get home from work. I looked mortified.

LOLDSFAN

I just remembered, I have a reaction shot of me watching King Star King a few weeks back when it aired on Toonami that I couldn't post at the time because I was banned, I'll see if I can find it when I get home from work. I looked mortified.

Don't worry bro. We were all mortified. -_-

Seda

can we talk about dbz

Just use common sense. Many community type threads go off-topic at times, so it's acceptable here too. But do we really need posts every week about how hype the latest Kill la Kill was or how stupid the latest Naruto chapter was?

(Let me just say that I try not to act like a red name too much in this thread, I just want to be a participant, not 'in control' or anything)

Seda

Speaking of, because I'll be visiting family next week for the holiday, I'll have better things to do than to hang out with you guys :p

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Would discussing the games reviewed by TOM count as on-topic?

If so, I've played a bit of Puppeteer. It's really creative and fun.

LOLDSFAN

Traveled to one side of the family last two years so this year I'll be staying home to see another side of the family.

I'll hopefully be able to eat some pumpkin pie with you guys next week.

Slightly Toonami-GAF related, Funimation just started a special deal on their shop. Buy anythng on their site and they'll give you a bag of random goodies and an extra DVD or bluray. Maybe use this opportunity to buy the new released Strong World movie?

90:1 odds that Levyne is just an alt account for Seda
80:1 odds that Seda is just an alt account for Levyne

I'll never admit to being an alt. I don't want Seda to ban me.

Wait so Levyne is an alt of Seda, and if Levyne admits this then he'll have to ban himself? Woah.gif

Slightly Toonami-GAF related, Funimation just started a special deal on their shop. Buy anythng on their site and they'll give you a bag of random goodies and an extra DVD or bluray. Maybe use this opportunity to buy the new released Strong World movie?

Was planning to buy Strong World so I guess now is a good time. How long will the special last?

Crocodile

If somebody needs a show that rivals the unbridled stupidity of Sword Art Online and Valvrave, check out Samurai Flamenco!

In Samurai Flamenco's defense, watching it won't put you on an FBI watch list and it isn't overrun with rampant misogyny or rape.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
If somebody needs a show that rivals the unbridled stupidity of Sword Art Online and Valvrave, check out Samurai Flamenco!

In Samurai Flamenco's defense, watching it won't put you on an FBI watch list and it isn't overrun with rampant misogyny or rape.

This is something I would not recommend.

Toonami gaf would hate samurai flamenco, hopefully no one shows the toonami crew the pv because it makes the show look awesome and action packed which is almost a blatant lie

Tamanon

Banned
Casshern Sins was so amazing. I'll have to pop in the DVDs this weekend again. Then bust out the whiskey and the ice cream for the tears that follow!

Seda

And let us not forget Casshern Sins gave Toonami GAF that guy pretending to be Dio's VA.

What was up with that, anyway?

From what I recall:

User Afro Gunsou popped in this thread from time to time, and he said he was a voice in Casshern Sins but wouldn't say who.

Then there was a thread that said something about "degrees of Kevin Bacon" and there was some site that quickly calculated this degree for any actor. (it was something like, if the actor was cast in the same movie as Kevin, it was a degree of 1, if the actor was cast with someone else who was in a movie with Kevin Bacon, that was a degree of 2, etc.) Afro Gunsou posted in there saying he had a degree of 3 or something. I was curious, remembering him saying he voiced a character, so I checked all the Casshern Sins actors and Jerry Jewell (voice of Dio) was the only one who matched. I then mentioned it in the Toonami Thread.

He then went on to pretend he was Jerry for a few weeks. I remember Metatron thinking something was up, because he didn't say anything about a role Jerry had in Samurai Seven. Afro Gunsou was also freakishly involved with Pokemon, and Jerry had gone on record having little familiarity with Pokemon.

Finally, Afro Gunsou pmed a mod something about the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale leaks causing firings with SCEA's relations department. This gained some headlines, and finally caught the attention of FUNimation and the real Jerry Jewell to note Afro Gunsou was a fake. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=493575

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom