• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me guess, this is Toonami GAF's tiers for the show:

Top Tier:
FLCL
Fullmetal Alchemist
Ghost in the Shell
One Piece
Soul Eater

Mid Tier:
Inuyasha
Naruto
Star Wars

Shit Tier:
Bleach
IPGX
Sword Art Online

More like

Top tier:
Fma brotherhood
Flcl
Soup eater

High tier:
One piece
Gits
Inuyasha

Mid tier:
Naruto
Clone wars

Low tier:
Bleach
Igpx

Garbage tier:
Sao

Based upon general group reactions to each show, one piece should move up and soul eater should move down in a few months though

Subjective, but I wouldn't mind to see your thoughts..

It'd be hard for me to make such a list as one piece, igpx, and sao are the only shows I've seen to completion. To post my personal rankings on the quality of all the shows I'd need to watch every episode of each show. Posting ratings on what I've seen so far doesn't really work as a show could get better or worse, and some shows I've marathoned to catch up (naruto and inuyasha) and others I haven't (bleach and brotherhood). Based only upon what I've seen on toonami one piece would be low tier cause only the past few weeks weren't painful foxy arc or filler and op would/should be top tier on any overall quality list.

FOOLS! This is the true tier list:

MCXC God Tier
Bleach

Lamborghini Mercy Tier
Big O
Ghost in the Shell
Soul Eater
One Piece
SBT
FMA Brotherhood

Not bad if you're shitfaced Tier
Naruto
Deadman Wonderland
Inuyasha
FLCL
IGPX
Bebop

Only fox could enjoy this trash Tier
Casshern Sins
Samurai 7

So bad Shard won't even bitch about it Tier
Thundercats
Clone Wars
GXP
Kick-Heart

Sword Art Online Tier
SAO

Casshern Sins and trash do not go together!

aizen_ss20.jpg

Samurai 7, Casshern Sins, SBT, GXP, Eureka 7, and Deadman Wonderland. I will eventually watch all these shows to rank them in my new toonami show rankings. Blundercats I'll just put in don't care tier

bigkrev

Shows I Enjoy Tier
FLCL
Deadman Wonderland
Soul Eater
Naruto
Inuyasha

Morbid Curiosity Each Week Tier
SAO

Unsure At This Point
One Piece

Shit Tier
Everything Else

Fuck Off And Die Tier
China, IL commercials

so how long will it take Clone Wars for people to admit it's not as bad as a handful of episodes are? it took IGPX about a season.

I'd say almost everyone who still watches clone wars have warmed up to it, it's just the only people who still watch it are the 6 hour challenge people who would have watched it regardless of quality :X

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I;m still new to the clone wars show with the exception of seeing a random episode or 2 (that happen to be a really well loved episode btw) and some stuff on youtube(like the fight thats in that gif) I think you wouldnt be saying this in the later seasons. The only thing im not sure of is when everyone started universally loving clone wars. But it just gets better as it goes on.

I;m still new to the clone wars show with the exception of seeing a random episode or 2 (that happen to be a really well loved episode btw) and some stuff on youtube(like the fight thats in that gif) I think you wouldnt be saying this in the later seasons. The only thing im not sure of is when everyone started universally loving clone wars. But it just gets better as it goes on.

If you're still new to the show, how would you know I'd like later seasons?

Bad writing, weird pacing, GOD AWFUL ART, and a lack of believably all make me hate Clone Wars. I mean yeah, it's a show that has aliens wielding swords of light in space but there's just so much BS that sucks me out of the experience and reminds me I'm watching a show. For example, why does everyone have terrible aim? Seriously, that pisses me off to no end.

Bad writing, weird pacing, GOD AWFUL ART, and a lack of believably all make me hate Clone Wars. I mean yeah, it's a show that has aliens wielding swords of light in space but there's just so much BS that sucks me out of the experience and reminds me I'm watching a show. For example, why does everyone have terrible aim? Seriously, that pisses me off to no end.

.....because it's Star Wars?

Preble

So you guys were talkin about Xbox and Toonami earlier this week what was that about? Is Toonami doin some events with Microsoft?

Jintor

Soul Eater is already feeling flatter than it used to. Such a shame. Performances are still great but the writing is beginning to fade :(

I take it you've never seen the star wars movies before, or you're not a fan of them.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Clone Wars, like most shows, gets better as the seasons go on.

Soul Eater is already feeling flatter than it used to. Such a shame. Performances are still great but the writing is beginning to fade :(

That's because Bones can't write interesting original content, even if it's life depended upon it.

Raxus

I can't wait to get to Hinata 2.0.

Probably one of the very few side characters who gets significant development in the second half.

Ya'll take that back.
*Star Wars gif*
Also boring=/=terrible.
Wake me up when we get to the sith and the bounty hunters season. I mostly remember season 1 being boring.

That's because Bones can't write interesting original content, even if it's life depended upon it.
Is JB and all other characters introduced from here on out officially in the manga or new storyline?

Your problem with the art being crap I'll give, the style does suck and I hate it. Complaints about the writing or action don't work cause its the exact same or better then the 6 films. If you want to say the art style is so awful it ruins the show then fine, but not the action or story.

Your problem with the art being crap I'll give, the style does suck and I hate it. Complaints about the writing or action don't work cause its the exact same or better then the 6 films. If you want to say the art style is so awful it ruins the show then fine, but not the action or story.

i think the pacing is a legitimate complaint as well, but beyond that i agree. and i would say the pacing really isn't too huge of a deal in the grand scheme of things since it's basically a choice between what they're doing now or having the characters talk to each other about exactly the same thing at the beginning of the episode.

Seda said:
I don't feel strongly one way or the other with Clone Wars. The episode focused on the group of clones was the best one, though.

....which is honestly pretty sad now that i think about it.

Seda

I don't feel strongly one way or the other with Clone Wars. The episode focused on the group of clones was the best one, though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Those will continue to be the best episodes as will the ones that are predominately about Obi-Wan.

Raxus

Have they said what they are promoting tomorrow. I am guessing a game review or a send off for Naruto with a commercial for Akira next week.

I am excited for their Akira commercial. Their Evangelion ones were amazing.

I don't hate Clone Wars like GXP or anything but I don't think it's a good show. Just my opinion.

Lol no you can't just dismiss my complaints about the writing by claiming it's on the same level as the films, that's completely subjective. I didn't say the action was bad, just that there are things that pull me out of being immersed.

Have they said what they are promoting tomorrow. I am guessing a game review or a send off for Naruto with a commercial for Akira next week.

I am excited for their Akira commercial. Their Evangelion ones were amazing.

X-Bone takeover

Gucci Messiah said:
Lol no you can't just dismiss my complaints about the writing by claiming it's on the same level as the films, that's completely subjective. I didn't say the action was bad, just that there are things that pull me out of being immersed.

Star Wars is hardly renowned for its compelling dialogue. it's really not at all a stretch to say they're on the same level, better at times and worse in others. hell, i'd ask the people who disagree with this to remove their nostalgia goggles. if you wanna say the events of the films manage to overshadow the mediocre writing, fine. but that's different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom