• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you fake being such an obscure voice actor? And why did no one ask him to record lines in said characters voice to prove it like "hey toonami gaf its me *character name here* aka *gaf name here*"

Seda

It was weird. First he was just saying he was a voice, I assumed an extra or something. Then he specified it was a main character. After deciding he wanted to be Jerry (probably because after his statements in here and the Bacon number thread it was the only way to keep up the charade), people of course asked him questions about 'his' roles. Quickly looking back, there was one asking if he was going to voice Kaku in the One Piece anime (turns out Jerry doesn't, but the question was asked because Jerry voiced him in a game). He either didn't respond or gave weird responses, that plus his love for Pokemon and soon enough it became sorta clear he was full of crap. He actually didn't post all the often in here.

I don't even remember why he decided to pretend he knew anything about PSASBR or SCEA which lead to him getting permabanned.

Really weird.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Toonami gaf would hate samurai flamenco, hopefully no one shows the toonami crew the pv because it makes the show look awesome and action packed which is almost a blatant lie

And then we have Episode 7, by god, what madness has been wrought upon the world?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That was such a weird user.
I know there are notable people on GAF (Gary Whitta, Heather Anne Campbell, Cliffy B) but still, to pretend to be a voice actor for whatever reason. So strange.

On One Piece, I was reading Oda's article on the One Piece Wiki, and he makes $25 million on royalties every year. Though, that was three years ago. Now... a lot more. Yeah.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
This week the Toonami Pre-Show Watchblock will feature traitors galore in Valvrave, the conclusion of season 1 in Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, loli adventures in Fate/Zero, not stoner Kirito doing not stoner stuff with not a girl (part 2) in Darker than Black, and moreWTFBOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Steins;Gate. All of this starts in 8:00 PM EDT Saturday!

NOTE THE TIME CHANGE! We're starting ONE HOUR EARLIER THAN NORMAL!

8:00 - Valvrave the Liberator - 17 - The Abyss of the Runes
8:25 - Valvrave the Liberator 18 - A Father's Wish
8:50 - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - The Final Ripple
9:15 - Fate/Zero - 10 - Rin's Adventure
9:40 - Fate/Zero - 11 - The Grail Dialogue
10:10 - Darker than Black - 8 - The Scent of Gardenia Lingers in the Summer Rain... (Part 2)
10:30 - Steins;Gate - 9 - Chaos Theory Homeostasis II

N.B. Exciting news! The Toonami Pre-Show Watchblock will be having a bit of a schedule change in December. It's nothing drastic I promise. We know that with the holidays coming people are busy and it's a happy and merry time! In order to better accommodate people we'll have two nights with movies to roundout the block. This means that some shows won't appear that night! It might be Steins;Gate, Darker than Black, or even Valvrave! You never know! The 21st and the 28th will be the movie days so get excited for the two surprise movies!

On another note, as Valvrave inches closer to its completion we'll need another show to round out the block. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann will be taking over Valvrave's second slot! Aren't you excited? I am!

If you haven't been joining us then you totally should especially if you haven't seen it. Peace out!

That was such a weird user.
I know there are notable people on GAF (Gary Whitta, Heather Anne Campbell, Cliffy B) but still, to pretend to be a voice actor for whatever reason. So strange.

On One Piece, I was reading Oda's article on the One Piece Wiki, and he makes $25 million on royalties every year. Though, that was three years ago. Now... a lot more. Yeah.
I guess he figured no one would bother checking on him. Such a disappointment too. I really do admire Jerry Jewell. Sidenote: Damn. Oda is rich. No wonder he says OP isn't even half over. I'd want to stretch it out as long as possible too if I was him.

MikeMyers

Okay Gucci Messiah, just for you. My choice for DBZ tiers.

Top Tier:
Goku - Main Character, always seems to triumph.
Gohan - When someone is there to hold his hand.
Hercule - Despite having no powers, only Z Fighter not to die.
Vegeta - Always just second to Goku in importance.

Mid Tier:
Kuririn - Jobber, but pretty omnipresent in the series.
Piccolo - Beats Raditz but his Namek/Cell arc power-ups don't amount to anything.
Trunks - Beats lots of villain but villains that another character could have easily beaten.
Yajirobe - No powers, but has had some really notable moments.

Low Tier:
Gohan - If no one is there to hold his hand/guide him.
Gotenks - Lost to Buu 3 times despite having the advantage
Tenshinan - Mostly just attempts suicide.
Yamcha - Can only win if it involves Chichis

Shit Tier:
Chiaotzu - Did this character even have a conversation with Goku?

JCG

If somebody needs a show that rivals the unbridled stupidity of Sword Art Online and Valvrave, check out Samurai Flamenco!

In Samurai Flamenco's defense, watching it won't put you on an FBI watch list and it isn't overrun with rampant misogyny or rape.

I prefer the unbridled stupidity of Jojo, for the record, but I sort of want to know how Samurai Flamenco turns out after this.

Eh, only one person gets raped in Valvrave. Besides that, a couple of girls dying isn't really "overrun with rampant misogyny."

Crocodile

I prefer the unbridled stupidity of Jojo, for the record, but I sort of want to know how Samurai Flamenco turns out after this.

Eh, only one person gets raped in Valvrave. Besides that, a couple of girls dying isn't really "overrun with rampant misogyny."

SAO is the show with rampant misogyngy.
Also one rape is too many when its used in such an immature, tasteless, purely for shock value way that VVV does it.

Badass tier

MercenaryTaoDragonBall..png

I don't think a Bleach tier list would be possible, it has far too many characters to accurately argue which of the dozen jobbers which is the best/worst jobber.

Also I'm gonna start my watch of FMA 03 again, currently on episode 18 I'll post my thoughts on twitter as I watch.

JCG

SAO is the show with rampant misogyngy.
Also one rape is too many when its used in such an immature, tasteless, purely for shock value way that VVV does it.

That makes more sense.
Valvrave is immature and tasteless? Yes, the whole show is. Was it only for shock value? Partially, but it could be debated.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I don't think a Bleach tier list would be possible, it has far too many characters to accurately argue which of the dozen jobbers which is the best/worst jobber.

Also I'm gonna start my watch of FMA 03 again, currently on episode 18 I'll post my thoughts on twitter as I watch.

Troll Tier:
Aizen
Yhwach

Too Powerful Tier:
Ichigo
Yamamoto

Who the fuck cares? Tier:
Everyone else.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It was weird. First he was just saying he was a voice, I assumed an extra or something. Then he specified it was a main character. After deciding he wanted to be Jerry (probably because after his statements in here and the Bacon number thread it was the only way to keep up the charade), people of course asked him questions about 'his' roles. Quickly looking back, there was one asking if he was going to voice Kaku in the One Piece anime (turns out Jerry doesn't, but the question was asked because Jerry voiced him in a game). He either didn't respond or gave weird responses, that plus his love for Pokemon and soon enough it became sorta clear he was full of crap. He actually didn't post all the often in here.

I don't even remember why he decided to pretend he knew anything about PSASBR or SCEA which lead to him getting permabanned.

Really weird.
I remember that during my lurking days

MikeMyers

Naruto Kohana 12 tiers:

Top Tier:
Naruto
Sasuke
Shikamaru

Mid Tier:
Choji
Neji
Shino

Low Tier:
Kiba
Rock Lee

S.H.I.T Tier
Sakura
Hinata
Into
Tenten

MikeMyers

The joke actually was that if you combined the first initial of the four girls, it spells SHIT.

Doesn't Ino get considerably better in part 2 as well? I know Sakura's growth
only lasts one arc

The joke actually was that if you combined the first initial of the four girls, it spells SHIT.

Doesn't Ino get considerably better in part 2 as well? I know Sakura's growth

No
she only gets better because she's on the same team and Shikamaru and gets a combo attack with them, on her own she's worthless

Troll Tier:
Naraku

Top Tier:
InuYasha
Miroku without bees around

High Tier:
Sesshomaru
Kagome/Kikyo

Mid Tier:
Mirkou with bees around

Low Tier:
Sango
Shippo

MikeMyers

I guess you can add
Shikon Jewel
to the troll list.

Also I would put Sesshomaru in the same tier as InuYasha, as the former has more victories.

Episode 21 of FMA 03

These feels I don't want D:

When Shou showed up I was like :O then when I saw he was trying to revive Nina again as a chimera/human I was like D:::::D:D:D:D:D:D:DDD::D:D:D::DD:

MikeMyers

Let me guess, this is Toonami GAF's tiers for the show:

Top Tier:
FLCL
Fullmetal Alchemist
Ghost in the Shell
One Piece
Soul Eater

Mid Tier:
Inuyasha
IPGX
Naruto
Star Wars

Shit Tier:
Bleach
Sword Art Online

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Let me guess, this is Toonami GAF's tiers for the show:

Top Tier:
FLCL
Fullmetal Alchemist
Ghost in the Shell
One Piece
Soul Eater

Mid Tier:
Inuyasha
Naruto
Star Wars

Shit Tier:
Bleach
IPGX
Sword Art Online

Move IGPX up into mid tier. It started slow but steadily got better and better, it's not on Bleach or SAO's level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom