• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
14kwrhk.gif

No, I already listed my problems.

"the topic" is these complaints applying to the Star Wars movies as well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I might be too busy using the Wii U Gamepad for Mario 3D World to post much this saturday, also I won't be home until probably right before the main event kicks off.

Levyne

Banned
I think clone wars is bad too. It doesn't help that I typically spend that half hour looking for snacks or cat nap or any number of things not involving paying attention :p

"the topic" is these complaints applying to the Star Wars movies as well.

I'm not getting sucked into a semantics war with you bro; I think I'm going to just go back to ignoring your posts which is probably for the best. This isn't because I'm "mad" or anything like that; it's mainly because I don't care for you and would rather not turn this thread into a massive derail which tends to happen between us. Just being honest.

I'm open to discussing the merits of "Clone Wars" with anyone else though. If I'm being to "vague" on a certain criticism I apologize and will clarify.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
While I generally hate the artstyle of clone wars I think some of the characters look pretty damn cool like the Twi'lek Jedi Master, Dooku with his loooooooooooong face, Grievous, the clone troopers, and C3PO.

I'm not getting sucked into a semantics war with you bro; I think I'm going to just go back to ignoring your posts which is probably for the best. This isn't because I'm "mad" or anything like that; it's mainly because I don't care for you and would rather not turn this thread into a massive derail which tends to happen between us. Just being honest.

I'm open to discussing the merits of "Clone Wars" with anyone else though. If I'm being to "vague" on a certain criticism I apologize and will clarify.

i fail to see how it's a semantics war when all i've said is that you really haven't said anything when people have told you that you basically just described Star Wars other than "well that's not good enough" and "it's just my opinion". but hey, if you can't hold a discussion without going back to the annoying little "WELL I'M GONNA IGNORE U BRO" that's your problem, not mine.

While I generally hate the artstyle of clone wars I think some of the characters look pretty damn cool like the Twi'lek Jedi Master, Dooku with his loooooooooooong face, Grievous, the clone troopers, and C3PO.

I dislike these CG animated shows in general; I couldn't get into Green Lantern either because of the art.

You know I feel some type of way

rich-homie-quan-type-official-video-HHS1987-2013.gif

Mcxc some of the episodes are poorly written like Jar Jar saving Anakin and Obi Wan from pirates or r2d2 being kidnapped. Some are really well written like the stranded clones and the last 2 parter with the lemurs. As a whole I'd say the show is better written then the prequel trilogy. Just the way the show portrays Anakin Skywalker is leaps and bounds better then how he was in episodes 2 and 3.

I don't get the pacing issues, most episodes are either stand alone or two parter. Most episodes give a quick explanation of what lead the characters to this situation, we then get the main episode plot introduced, we see both sides plans or reactions to said plot, there is a fight, then the episode resolves. I know you're not a big fan of vignette style shows but that's not really a pacing issue more of an design choice.

The art I agree is awful, and all you have to say is "the art is so bad I can't watch" which no one can disagree with.

And I don't get your comment about the show being unbelievable. Maybe the Jar Jar episodes but Toonami is skipping those thank god. The awkward comedy of the first few episodes is all but gone at this point which is the only other part of the show that makes me cringe (besides the art). The show is completely in line with everything we've seen in the 6 star wars films, heck I'd say the force is more controlled then it was in the prequel films.

Is clone wars one of the weaker shows on Toonami? Yeah I'd agree with that, is it still enjoyable and improved a lot? Yes this is also true. Saying all of Clone Wars sucks based upon the first part of season 1 would be like saying IGPX sucks cause the first part of it's season 1 sucked. Both shows start really slow and boring with really fucky cg but both have improved by a lot

thetechkid

I wouldn't really say IGPX improves that much, by the end of it it is still just as boring and uninteresting as when it starts.

I wouldn't really say IGPX improves that much, by the end of it it is still just as boring and uninteresting as when it starts.

character-wise? sure. but the show started out focusing less on the races, and i think the show sort of realized this is not what people wanted to see and put the racing front and center, which is generally pretty well done unless you can't get past the CGI.

BassForever said:
Saying all of Clone Wars sucks based upon the first part of season 1 would be like saying IGPX sucks cause the first part of it's season 1 sucked. Both shows start really slow and boring with really fucky cg but both have improved by a lot

i thought the whole plotline with the big warship was alright. in fact the only ones that have aired on Toonami that i'd label as bad beyond the very first episode are probably some of the most recent ones, the first part of the lemur planet bit and the Jar Jar episode where Dooku and the others were captured. and even in the latter that's mostly because of Jar Jar existing; the stuff beyond that is fine.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
character-wise? sure. but the show started out focusing less on the races, and i think the show sort of realized this is not what people wanted to see and put the racing front and center, which is generally pretty well done unless you can't get past the CGI.

i thought the whole plotline with the big warship was alright. in fact the only ones that have aired on Toonami that i'd label as bad beyond the very first episode are probably some of the most recent ones, the first part of the lemur planet bit and the Jar Jar episode where Dooku and the others were captured. and even in the latter that's mostly because of Jar Jar existing; the stuff beyond that is fine.

the first part of the lemur episode had that amazing 10 minute battleship battle in the atmosphere, explosions everywhere, fighting going on, anakin getting blown the fuck up, and finally, "what happened to the animation budget?" it looked amazing, I thought it was a season finale

the first part of the lemur episode had that amazing 10 minute battleship battle in the atmosphere, explosions everywhere, fighting going on, anakin getting blown the fuck up, and finally, "what happened to the animation budget?" it looked amazing, I thought it was a season finale

hm. that's true. i thought the rest of the episode was really weak, however, and the way the whole pacifism angle is handled isn't very good at all

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Blue Sub No. 6
Blue Gender

Toonami/AS has an AWFUL reputation when it comes to boring shows with blue in the title.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Blue Exorcist huh? Shit, looks like that's another manga to add to the backlog.

well, that makes four Shonen Jump shows i think.

Yeah.
Though it's technically in Jump Square, the monthly version of Jump. Serialized along side Rosario + Vampire, Claymore, and New Prince of Tennis.

I've seen Blue Exorcist before, actually I watched it about 2 months ago to be exact. It's a superb action show. It's mostly just a typical shounen show with a guy and his group of friends going on adventures, etc, etc.

The animation is top notch as well. I'd say that this is the perfect show for Toonami. Has enough action and comedy in it to be satisfying.

mhs004

I've seen Blue Exorcist before, actually I watched it about 2 months ago to be exact. It's a superb action show. It's mostly just a typical shounen show with a guy and his group of friends going on adventures, etc, etc.

The animation is top notch as well. I'd say that this is the perfect show for Toonami. Has enough action and comedy in it to be satisfying.

Exactly my thoughts. I watched it a year or so ago myself. Its a typical shonen but it's pretty good for what it is. It's not shit like SAO and has some good action so I consider it a win.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, that's a surprise. I've only heard of the series, as it tends to be enjoyed by some of the Japanator staff. Looking forward to watching it.

Edit: 25 episodes, so by my calculations, we'll be watching the series until August or more likely Sept. depending on when in March it airs.

Huh, that's a surprise. I've only heard of the series, as it tends to be enjoyed by some of the Japanator staff. Looking forward to watching it.

Edit: 25 episodes, so by my calculations, we'll be watching the series until August or more likely Sept. depending on when in March it airs.

so Kill La Kill in September? :p

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I really doubt they show KlK. Yea it's really popular but this is American TV we are talking about, there can be killing but no boobs allowed.

You must have not seen "King Star King". If they can get away with showing the boobs in that show, they can get away with Kill la Kill

You know what I haven't done in a while? Update the Toonami ending dates!
Assuming that December will remove all five premiere shows, here's what the tentative end dates look like now.

Naruto: November 30th 2013 (Confirmed)
Sword Art Online: February 15th 2014
Soul Eater: March 15th 2014

Bleach: October 11th 2014

One Piece: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hm...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom