• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering how long ago the arc they've been using for OP has been, would be nice to have a new one, considering we're a decent amount of episodes in the Water 7 arc now.

Speaking of One Piece, that & a bunch of other Funimation DVDs will be on sale for Black Friday & Cyber Monday. Collections 1-8 (episodes 1-205) will be $140 compared to the regular price of $280.

Seda

12:00AM Bleach 1.0 HH, 1.332 million
12:30AM Naruto 0.9 HH, 1.187 million
1:00AM One Piece 0.7 HH, 869,000
1:30AM Soul Eater 0.6 HH, 809,000
2:00AM Sword Art Online 0.6 HH, 758,000
2:30AM Fooly Cooly 0.6 HH, 719,000
3:00AM Star Wars Clone Wars 0.6 HH, 750,000
3:30AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.5 HH, 623,000
4:00AM Ghost in the Shell 0.5 HH, 537,000
4:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.5 HH, 529,000
5:00AM Inuyasha 0.5 HH, 618,000
5:30AM Inuyasha 0.5 HH, 664,000

Also:

"All Saturday night, TOONAMI block (Animé action-adventure programming) premieres grew average delivery of targeted adults 18-24, 18-34 & 18-49 and men 18-24 & 18-49 by mostly double-digits vs. last year, ranging between 2% and 54%."

(I never bothered to notice before, but amusing how Turner calls it an anime block.)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be fair though we once had what, a full hour of a three hour block? That's a third.

Afternoon Toonami at one point had 3 out of 4 shows not being anime.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh woooooow. For some reason, watching the latest episode of GitS reminded me of the manga (maybe it was the fact Major was on a bed on a boat with another woman, though the plot was different), so I went to see why I was reminded of it. Damn, it's rather jarring how different the manga is in art style & tone compared to the anime series & the movie.

.....also, Chief had an ape/monkey-like face.

Raxus

One Piece dispiritedly needs new bumps luckily
this weeks episode on top of when we return will be full of new promos of water 7. It really kicks into high gear starting this week.

i do hope we get a Water 7 promo in the new year. it should help that we basically start out with (SPOILERSNO.GIF)
Luffy vs. Usopp
, so there's not too much to tiptoe around.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
We have what 5 shows ending or switching in the first 3 months of 2014? Soul Eater, FLCL, SAO, FMA:B, and Naruto all finish current runs by the end of March or are being replaced.

Sounds about right, plus we have the movies in December. The point being is even if ratings are kind of down for One Piece, I do not see it getting replaced or even moved right now. There is enough chaos coming down the pipeline.

Sounds about right, plus we have the movies in December. The point being is even if ratings are kind of down for One Piece, I do not see it getting replaced or even moved right now. There is enough chaos coming down the pipeline.

Ratings are still above expectations (according to DeMarco on twitter) and still above Samurai 7 at the same time last year.

Yeah, I think there's a little over-reaction about those numbers - they are just fine for what is an extreme rarity in TV these days - new content late on a Saturday night.

If anything, I think the first hour is a little inflated with Family Guy spillover.

And as long as they're making money with Toonami (hi Microsoft!) everything's gravy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think if we get a Water 7 promo like Bass has been lobbying for the numbers will rise. There's no reason why OP shouldn't be at 950K+ every single week.

I got a reason

N0TXFqd.gif

Levyne

Banned
Bass, read your thread and though I've only watched the game be played, it's the type of criticisms that I was concerned about initially. It's good to hear than even people who agree believe the game is fantastic or at least good regardless.

Raxus

Let us not talk about the Naruto manga thread in OT. Ever.

I really need a new Christmas avatar. I loved the green chest hair and the Santa hat on the 'Gief.

Bass, read your thread and though I've only watched the game be played, it's the type of criticisms that I was concerned about initially. It's good to hear than even people who agree believe the game is fantastic or at least good regardless.

Yeah, its an odd feel to be both disappointed at what the game chose to do and still appreciate how excellent it is lol

Wait, you made that thread? look at the balls on this robot master, you made yourself must have made yourself public enemy number 1 for a while lol

I'm surprised just how many people agree with me or at least understand my point. The fact I still said it's a 9/10 game and still think it's very good probably saved me from the hounds lol. Had I made the thread and said "they changed it now it sucks 5/10 traded it back in" then I'd really be public enemy number 1

Raxus

Kayos. Any change for this weekend?

I am out of the house for thanksgiving and will mostly be posting from my phone.

Anyone else posting away from home?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll be at my grandma's with my family from today until Friday. Hopefully, I'll still be able to use the internet, just not as much due to the fact she only has a 8GB/month cap, so no stuff like excessively watching videos.

I'll be at my grandma's with my family from today until Friday. Hopefully, I'll still be able to use the internet, just not as much due to the fact she only has a 8GB/month cap, so no stuff like excessively watching videos.
The fact that your grandma has internet at all is amazing. My grandma can't even use the tv remote properly. Sidenote: I'll be here Saturday night as usual. Other than dinner on Thursday, I have nothing else planned. Hopefully it won't be too empty in here.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The fact that your grandma has internet at all is amazing. My grandma can't even use the tv remote properly. Sidenote: I'll be here Saturday night as usual. Other than dinner on Thursday, I have nothing else planned. Hopefully it won't be too empty in here.
It's probably due to the fact my cousin lives with her for the time being, so he probably had it installed. My other grandma, on the other hand, pretty much had dial-up until last year-ish (I think she also had AOL). & this was the same one that had that WebTV where you used the internet via TV & keyboard with NO MOUSE.

In any case, I'll be back Friday, so I'll be able to attend Saturday's events as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom