• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Megapowers Explode!

Fear not, Fairy Tail will reunite us by teaching each and everyone the Power of Friendship.

i9PIB933TszBP.gif

my ulterior motive for asking this is to see if i'm the only one who likes One Day (pretty big spoilers)

Definitely not my favorite, but I do like it. Does a pretty great job of showing off the cast relevant to the arc and their powers without spoiling anything for the people that were caught up at the time (minus Akainu).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One Day might be my least favorite OP opening. I still adore it though because OP has no openings that I'd consider below average.

It has plenty of bad endings though. The one that runs on Toonami right now is the best by far though.

Raxus

One Day might be my least favorite OP opening. I still adore it though because OP has no openings that I'd consider below average.

It has plenty of bad endings though. The one that runs on Toonami right now is the best by far though.
If memory serves the last One Piece endings are pretty good.

The current one, ABC's, and the final ending are great.

Don't let OP GAF hear you say that GMN!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The very last one is the one with all the user submitted art. I hate the song though but its still pretty cool.

I really wonder what Toonami will do when it goes to one long Opening and no ending.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Toonami Movie Night Drinking Games:

Akira: Whenever Tetsuo or Kaneda is said, take a shot.
Summer Wars: Whenever someone makes a digimon joke or comparison in the thread, take a shot.
Trigun Badlands Rumble: Whenever some character mentions something about Vash's head or hair take a shot.
FMA:Whenever the word Brother is said.

this is one thing that always kinda bugs me. it doesn't translate very well into English.
I cunno, I think it fits pretty well. The FMA world is old timey and Al is a respectful kid. It makes sense that he'd call Ed "brother". Unless you mean something else.

I cunno, I think it fits pretty well. The FMA world is old timey and Al is a respectful kid. It makes sense that he'd call Ed "brother". Unless you mean something else.

it just never really seems natural to me, and as far as their world being old-timey that's pretty much the only aspect of their dialogue that would fit so i think it's weird.

The original of course.
The dub does not hold up at all.

but that's what makes it fun. plus we can make a bunch of Tetsuo jokes when Tai is onscreen.

If the hot pockets don't kill us first.
Hot Pockets don't kill people. Hunger does. Think about that.

The original of course.
Whaaaaaat? You're insane. How can anyone hate a movie like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0U-6Ep-F3Y

it just never really seems natural to me, and as far as their world being old-timey that's pretty much the only aspect of their dialogue that would fit so i think it's weird.
I guess you have a point. Either go all old timey or don't.

I mean, the post doesn't even say "when your partner is hurt". You can just pick up and carry her whenever you feel like. This game is gonna sell gangbusters in Japan.

bigkrev

The original of course.

Plus, you would miss the great Fox Kids movie theater sketch from the beginning!

I mean, the post doesn't even say "when your partner is hurt". You can just pick up and carry her whenever you feel like. This game is gonna sell gangbusters in Japan.

Normally, anything helping sell the Vita would be fine, but this can just fuck off

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Byakuya runs into the fake Hitsugaya, Naruto bows out of the lineup by beginning his training under Ebisu (though he may not really be the trainer Naruto needs), the Straw Hats march on Franky House, Medusa has a proposal for the DWMA, Kirito and Leafa head out for the world tree, it's the climax!, Anakin and Obi-wan's forces seem to have a traitor in their midst, the Armstrongs continue their battle with Sloth as the Briggs forces come closer to seizing control of Central Command, the chaos caused by the Laughing Man's assassination threat leaves more questions than answers, Takeshi and River still can't get along and Luca faces his archnemesis on the track, and Inuyasha rumbles with Bankotsu.

12:00 - Bleach - 325 - For the Sake of the Believers! Byakuya vs. Hitsugaya!
12:30 - Naruto - 52 - Ebisu Returns: Naruto's Toughest Training Yet!
1:00 - One Piece - 234 - Rescuing Our Friend! Raid On the Franky House!
1:30 - Soul Eater - 40 - The Cards Are Cut – Medusa Surrenders to the DWMA?
2:00 - Sword Art Online - 18 - To the World Tree
2:30 - FLCL - 6 - FLCLimax - END
3:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 16 - The Hidden Enemy
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 55 - The Adults' Way of Life
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 6 - MEME
4:30 - IGPX - 6 - Cat vs. Dog
5:00 - Inuyasha - 111 - The Big Clash: Banryu vs Wind Scar!
5:30 - Inuyasha - 112 - Afloat on the Lake Surface: The Barrier of Hijiri Island

Tenumi

Banned
I'll be sitting tonight out. Last few days have drained me of almost all my energy. No way am I gonna be able to stay awake for my usual time period.

I'm really not looking forward to watching SAO alone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom