• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

tumblr_lwj8veQJXe1r7bxnuo1_500.gif

But I thought you were gonna like the new Jaken avatar.

MikeMyers

Man. I forgot how weird some Inuyasha filler could get.

You mean how AWESOME Inuyasha filler can get.

Also, apparently the best episode of the series has cameos of Jimmy Kudo and Rachel Moore from Case Closed. I never noticed that. Will have to look out for it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like there's a new top 5 requested shows:

1. Attack on Titan
2. DBZ
3. Kill La Kill
4. Fairy Tail
5. Gundam

Edit: It sounds like FMA:B might be re-airing at some point, but not right after it finishes.

Just to clarify, FMAB is indeed rerunning again after this current run?
Maybe not immediately, but at some point.

Favorite question so far

Can anyone on the Toonami team do a backflip ? :O

Yes. but to the untrained eye it looks more like sitting down on the sofa.

Lol

Also confirmed that while fma:b will be around a long time, it may not rerun immediately when this run finishes.

All in all not much new info, top 5 requested shows are generally the same and mostly the same idiots asking the same idiot questions about subbed anime and clone wars not being anime and op ratings being good/bad

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
All in all not much new info, top 5 requested shows are generally the same and mostly the same idiots asking the same idiot questions about subbed anime and clone wars not being anime and op ratings being good/bad
Yeah, so far there's barely anything noteworthy (though I'll keep some tabs for a post). Kind of lackluster at the moment, but then again, guess we got a decent amount of info last time.

Q&A out of nowhere. I guess we do know they're always at the end of the month, but it still would have been nice to get a bit of a warning.

DeMarco's mentioned it a few time on twitter the past two weeks

Yeah, so far there's barely anything noteworthy (though I'll keep some tabs for a post). Kind of lackluster at the moment, but then again, guess we got a decent amount of info last time.

Yeah really just the fma:b info jumps out as being kind of big since it's getting the sbt/gits treatment of taking a break but will be back

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah really just the fma:b info jumps out as being kind of big since it's getting the sbt/gits treatment of taking a break but will be back
That's really the only new interesting bit of info (aside from Kill la Kill going up 2 spots on the top 5 requested). Sounds like considering this is the third run it's on, they'll give it a break for a bit before having it return.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, keep forgetting they're suppose to be giving away t-shirts next week. Wonder if we'll get a picture of what they look like soon.

Has someone asked about the final season they made before being given the ax?

They said Disney bought the rights to future seasons of Clone Wars but for now they still have the rights to everything Cartoon Network cofunded.

Personal speculation but Disney could try to get CN to sell the rights to the first several seasons of clone wars so they can show them syndicated on Disney XD while they prep rebels and season 6 of clone wars. If they don't we can expect to see clone wars for at least another 2 years I'd imagine

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Someone ask about that damn webcomic. It's been ages!
Just posted on the tumblr:

How goes the awesome Comic?
Slooooowwwwly. But it goes!

Edit: Hmm, possibly question I might ask. I remember hearing that Elfen Lied was a show they got requested a lot, but declined because they said it'd just get censored too much. Was there other shows that they've stated they wouldn't air for the same reason?

That was a decent question? Someone asked about airing two episodes of OP/Shippuden on the same night, answer was no because they'd have to pay for each episode that airs

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well of course the second I finish submitting my question the Q&A ends.....

Anyways, there wasn't much this time, but the more important info that I noticed:

- New top 5: AoT, DBZ, Kill La Kill, Fairy Tail, Gundam
- FMA Brotherhood will still be around, but it might not immediately re-air after this current run
- Clone Wars right might run out in the future
- They chose Conquer of Shambala because "We like that movie better. We aired the original FMA for years, we’re not worried about people not being caught up. And we think Shambala works just fine even if you haven’t seen the show (although it’s certainly better if you have)."
- More of a FYI, but there'll be a contest next week where they'll give away Toonami shirts

Anyways, there wasn't much this time, but the more important info that I noticed:

- FMA Brotherhood will still be around, but it might not immediately re-air after this current run
- They chose Conquer of Shambala because "We like that movie better. We aired the original FMA for years, we’re not worried about people not being caught up. And we think Shambala works just fine even if you haven’t seen the show (although it’s certainly better if you have)."
- More of a FYI, but there'll be a contest next week where they'll give away Toonami shirts
Smallish Q&A this time. Someone should have asked when Shippuden and Space Dandy promos would start airing.

Necrovex

But but but, that movie was awful. :'-(

"We’ll announce the schedule next week. Most of the time, the movie will replace the shows that would normally air in it’s slot. The later shows will mostly stay the same."

hm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom