• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You don't even know how happy I was that we avoided Bleach or Naruto movies, though I have very recently seen Badlands Rumble and should have held out.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I think it's this week, all I know is that Ohio State is playing for a spot in the national title game.

You are quickly becoming my favorite poster. How much do you love HxH, I feel like you've been flying through it at record pace lol.

haha I would probably be at a later episode if I didnt start watching another show aswell

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i thought the Trigun movie was alright. it felt like a really long episode.

With no stakes at all/no lasting effect to the anime, usually ignoring established continuity for an all star character lineup, i.e. your cut of the mill anime movie based on a series.

It's done well though and flows nicely. It's way better than any Bleach or Naruto movie they've dubbed and just slightly better than the best Inuyasha movies.

KANEDA!

Seda

iJVVDB9XuIcUH.png

How I always wanted to spend Thanksgiving.

Seda

So this particular thread is going in regular off-topic or was that space dandy?

I was thinking of moving the thread into OT for Space Dandy. I assume this will be the primary thread for dub watchers.

You think it should be moved for the movies in December too?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I was thinking of moving the thread into OT for Space Dandy. I assume this will be the primary thread for dub watchers.

You think it should be moved for the movies in December too?

Thats up to you, personally I think the movie announcements themselves have also gotten alot of hype from people who arent normal toonami viewers.

Seda

Thats up to you, personally I think the movie announcements themselves have also gotten alot of hype from people who arent normal toonami viewers.

I see the reasoning in moving the thread for the movie nights, yeah. I just want to be a facilitator for whatever this community wants.

I like threads better when they are in Community. Much easier to find without bothering to bookmark them.

I just go by the the assumption that everybody uses subs liberally like myself, haha.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Come on, man. Don't subject yourself to that crap
But Reggie's gonna be there! WHAT IF THERE'S A SMASH BROS ANNOUNCEMENT?!?

Honestly, the announcements are the only reason I bother watching them, along with chatting with friends to make fun of it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They'll absolutely censor the scene where
Kaori's shirt is ripped off
Yeah, that's really the only scene that comes to mind when I think of something that'll be censored, even if it's brief. Though I'm not aware of how much language was in the newer dub.

Jintor

With no stakes at all/no lasting effect to the anime, usually ignoring established continuity for an all star character lineup, i.e. your cut of the mill anime movie based on a series.

It's done well though and flows nicely. It's way better than any Bleach or Naruto movie they've dubbed and just slightly better than the best Inuyasha movies.

absolutely accurate.

frankly i'm glad it avoids the trigun end-of-show evangelion problem

Trigun movie is like the bebop movie , a big budget long episode of the anime. One's enjoyment of it will depend on how much they enjoy said series.

For those who haven't seen either trigun or bebops movies but have seen the shows

Trigun's film takes place sometime after wolfwoods introduction but before the gung ho guns around 11-13 iirc

Bebop's film takes place anytime after Ed joins the bebop but before she leaves though its common belief it happens towards the end of the series around episode 21-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom