• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
This week will be the first week where we air our first mystery movie on the pre-show watchblock! I'll give you a hint as to what it is. The movie starts with an E.

Toonami-GAF, I need your help. I'm trying to remember an American voice actor's name but I can't remember any of his characters or shows. I'm not completely empty-handed though. He has a deep voice and very smooth. Think older adult characters. He's definitely in recent anime so don't think too far back. Mainstream stuff too. Nothing obscure. Please don't say Blum, Baker, Willingham, Freeman, or Dan Green as I've already eliminated them. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. This is driving me insane.

Toonami-GAF, I need your help. I'm trying to remember an American voice actor's name but I can't remember any of his characters or shows. I'm not completely empty-handed though. He has a deep voice and very smooth. Think older adult characters. He's definitely in recent anime so don't think too far back. Mainstream stuff too. Nothing obscure. Please don't say Blum, Baker, Willingham, Freeman, or Dan Green as I've already eliminated them. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. This is driving me insane.

any anime you can think of off the top of your head?

kayos90

It's not deep but maybe Kirk Thorton? DC Douglas?

Crocodile

No VVV, Jojo, Steins; Gate or Fate/Zero on the Pre-Watch Block this month? Or are movies in addition to some of the "regularly scheduled" shows?

On an unrelated note, Yozakura Quartet (2013 version) and the related OVA are pretty much perfect Toonami material aside from the awkward fan service (though Adult Swim thought SAO was fine to air and that's worse IMO so......)

Edit: I have not seen End of Evangelion so I would be down for that

kayos90

This week the Toonami Pre-Show Watchblock will no Valvrave or Jojo in favor of a mystery movie, an invitation from the Grail in Fate/Zero, stoner Kirito doing stoner stuff with a police girl (part 2) in Darker than Black, and moreWTFBOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Steins;Gate. All of this starts in 8:00 PM EDT Saturday!

NOTE THE TIME CHANGE! We're starting ONE HOUR EARLIER THAN NORMAL!

8:00 - Mystery Movie!
10:00 - Fate/Zero - 12 - The Grail's Invitation
10:25 - Darker than Black - 9 - The White Dress Stained with the Girl's Dreams and Blood... (Part 2)
10:50 - Steins;Gate 11 - Dogma in Event Horizon
11:15 - Steins;Gate 12 - Dogma in Ergosphere

N.B. If you're wondering why there's no Jojo, there's a good reason. Sorry peeps. Also, schedule can change depending on what happens but we're definitely having a watchblock this week. Count on it!

N.B. Exciting news! The Toonami Pre-Show Watchblock will be having a bit of a schedule change in December. It's nothing drastic I promise. We know that with the holidays coming people are busy and it's a happy and merry time! In order to better accommodate people we'll have two nights with movies to roundout the block. This means that some shows won't appear that night! It might be Steins;Gate, Darker than Black, or even Valvrave! You never know! The 7th and the 28th will be the movie days so get excited for the two surprise movies!

On another note, as Valvrave inches closer to its completion we'll need another show to round out the block. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann will be taking over Valvrave's second slot! Aren't you excited? I am!

If you haven't been joining us then you totally should especially if you haven't seen it. Peace out!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He's also Chad in Bleach, one of the random dudes in Bebop, First Hokage in Naruto, Has at least one role in Stand Alone Complex, pretty sure I heard him in the Akira promo, is the announcer of SSF IV and beyond...

He's also Chad in Bleach, one of the random dudes in Bebop, First Hokage in Naruto, Has at least one role in Stand Alone Complex, pretty sure I heard him in the Akira promo, is the announcer of SSF IV and beyond...
Oh. I guess I couldn't recognize him as Chad because of how bored he sounds.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dude has been around. I think he's in more shows in this block than almost anyone else.

He is in...Bleach, Naruto, IGPX, Gits:SAC, The Big O, Tenchi Muyo GXP, Cowboy Bebop...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Dont need to read any further.

Jhonny Yung Bosch

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The North/South Dipper Bowl game is going to be a close one. I think Shin has got a chance as he already beat Kenshiro once this season!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, 8 PM. I was hoping to catch VGX since that's 6 to 9, ending right at when the pre-block usually starts. Guess I'll have to have both of them on & hope all the interesting stuff is before then.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well that and Kenshiro was all depressed and dehydrated AND was following the code that North and South shouldn't fight.

As is shown later Shin is no fucking match for Kenshiro/1800 years of Hokto Shinken at all!

Seda

ibeHjoVWtBkglN.png
ir82Cnpfk00lW.png

i3mZn9qIBIXxD.png
ibkj1GipjTd20a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom