• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

The hell did he do there? Damn, he must have really messed up.

His posts in the Pachter thread could have drawn attention too eventually. Anyways back on topic.

I still need to catch up from last week. Although of course I don't need to bother with the first half of the block right away.

SAO was so painful, just skip it. You'll thank me later.

Tenumi

Banned
I also still need to catch up on last week's episodes.

And also, don't know if I'll be on for any of the movie nights, to be honest. December Saturdays are looking pretty busy.

that's what they want you to think. dontbelievetheirlies.jpg

image.php

Mature

http://www.funimation.com/blog/?p=2861

here is the English cast of Space Dandy:

Dandy - Ian Sinclair (Toriko - Toriko, Robber A - Dragon Ball Z Movie 13: Wrath of the Dragon)
QT - Alison Viktorin (Conan Edogawa - Case Closed)
Meow - Joel McDonald (Takumi Fujiwara - Initial D, Kilik (the black kid with glasses) - Soul Eater)
Dr. Gel - J. Michael Tatum (Scar - FMA Brotherhood, Eneru - One Piece, Okabe - Steins;Gate, Sold His Wife - Samurai 7)
Bea - Micah Solusod (Soul - Soul Eater)
Perry - Kent Williams (Father - FMA Brotherhood, Dr. Gero - DBZ, Captain Kuro - One Piece, That Cat - Darker Than Black)
Honey - Alexis Tipton (uh.....)
Scarlet - Colleen Clinkenbeard (Riza Hawkeye - FMA, G cup - Deadman Wonderland)
Narrator - R. Bruce Elliott (Kambei - Samurai 7, Richard Moore - Case Closed)

(if you guys can help me with who Ian Sinclair, Joel McDonald, and Alexis Tipton play that'd be great)
Hey, I like this list. Obviously it's a bit soured to see the exclusion of the great Steven Blum, but I think I can deal with this.

More importantly, it's a reunion of Case Closed Alumni with Conan, Rachael and Richard. =]

Hey, I like this list. Obviously it's a bit soured to see the exclusion of the great Steven Blum, but I think I can deal with this.

More importantly, it's a reunion of Case Closed Alumni with Conan, Rachael and Richard. =]

Too bad Jimmy isn't there. Love you, Jerry Jewell.

LOLDSFAN

Why would you want a ratings drop?

Because then... Oh you got banned. :<

I'd want it to have low ratings so it gets dropped for something better, but since you can't reply right now I'll agree with you and hope for the best!

Gaming GAF is so hard to read now. Drive-bys, anger, frothing rage, stupidity... such a mess.

I find OT scarier than Gaming GAF tbh. Gaming side only deals with one hobby. Literally anything controversial can be posted in OT so fights can break out easily.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's like a obvious port begging thread combined with a tipping thread all in one. You're gonna get banned if you don't toe the line.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gaming GAF is so hard to read now. Drive-bys, anger, frothing rage, stupidity... such a mess.

Welcome to system wars, gaming side really is like the bad old days once again. Also, Gaming Side just needs to stop talking about the WIi U, almost every thread is very trite and tiring because it is the same thing over and over again.

ReiGun

New consoles launched got all the platform warriors heated. It's actually fun to watch when you don't really care.

Welcome to system wars, gaming side really is like the bad old days once again. Also, Gaming Side just needs to stop talking about the WIi U, almost every thread is very trite and tiring because it is the same thing over and over again.
It's so hard to get any measured analysis of the Wii U because it's all either hardcore Nintendo fanboys who refuse to acknowledge the dire situation the system is in, or hardcore Nintendo haters who absolutely need them to fail for whatever reason. The few good posts you get aren't worth wading through the sea of shit.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
New consoles launched got all the platform warriors heated. It's actually fun to watch when you don't really care.

It's so hard to get any measured analysis of the Wii U because it's all either hardcore Nintendo fanboys who refuse to acknowledge the dire situation the system is in, or hardcore Nintendo haters who absolutely need them to fail for whatever reason. The few good posts you get aren't worth wading through the sea of shit.

I know, though there are a few WIi U oasis that I have bookmarked.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To bring this thread semi on topic.

I'd fall off my chair and roll around in glee if Eighting and Tomy got back together and made an HD Naruto fighting game again now that the manga is finally wrapping up.

ReiGun

I wish I could get into the Ninja Storm games, but I find them absolutely dull after a few matches. At least they're pretty.

The Clash of Ninja series was the shit, tho.

mhs004

I wish I could get into the Ninja Storm games, but I find them absolutely dull after a few matches. At least they're pretty.

The Clash of Ninja series was the shit, tho.

Play them with friends, I use to play them with my roommate and had a good time.

To bring this thread semi on topic.

I'd fall off my chair and roll around in glee if Eighting and Tomy got back together and made an HD Naruto fighting game again now that the manga is finally wrapping up.

It seems like the ultimate storm games are all we're gonna get for fighting games for awhile

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
the last thing I heard about the clash of ninja series is they didnt bring the last one out in japan(which had the 8th jinchuuriki, the 4th hokage, etc.) because they were making one for the wiiU to be released worldwide, this is most likely a rumor tho and I heard this like 2 years ago, but I still want to believe.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's just a retooled version of CONR3 with a ton of new characters and a few seemingly slight alterations that effect the game drastically.

foxuzamaki

It's just a retooled version of CONR3 with a ton of new characters and a few seemingly slight alterations that effect the game drastically.

I see, I still dont know why they stopped making it, its not like they sold badly(that I know of) and they had a thing going where playstation gets ninja storm and nintendo gets clash of ninja, both were drastically different gameplay wise which added variety and made it possible for them to coexist.

MikeMyers

What if there was a Toonami Fighting Game?

Goku can be the final boss, you must beat him to stop the DBZ fanboys asking for DBZ on Toonami.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I see, I still dont know why they stopped making it, its not like they sold badly(that I know of) and they had a thing going where playstation gets ninja storm and nintendo gets clash of ninja, both were drastically different gameplay wise which added variety and made it possible for them to coexist.

Nintendo basically had soft deals starting on the GCN for the rights to all games based off of the anime for One Piece and the manga for Naruto in place and they didn't end until right around the end of the Wii.

Apparently the 360 and PS2/3 Naruto games came about because they were based off of the show and not the manga, a moot point since the GCN Naruto games used the VA of the Japanese show for the GNT games and the US dub for the localized Clash of Ninja games!

foxuzamaki

Nintendo basically had soft deals starting on the GCN for the rights to all games based off of the anime for One Piece and the manga for Naruto in place and they didn't end until right around the end of the Wii.

Apparently the 360 and PS2/3 Naruto games came about because they were based off of the show and not the manga, a moot point since the GCN Naruto games used the VA of the Japanese show for the GNT games and the US dub for the localized Clash of Ninja games!

I didnt know that, I kinda heard something about nintendo and one piece, which explains why pretty much every OP game has been on only nintendo systems.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep it was a weird deal though I guess it worked out okay for Nintendo in the end considering the best third party sales on the GCN in Japan was Naruto:GNT 3!

PS2 did end up with about a billion Naruto games though when those started coming out.

EDIT: Hell the announcement for Naruto:GNT 1 was what brought about the long lasting Megaton joke!

foxuzamaki

Yep it was a weird deal though I guess it worked out okay for Nintendo in the end considering the best third party sales on the GCN in Japan was Naruto:GNT 3!

PS2 did end up with about a billion Naruto games though when those started coming out.

EDIT: Hell the announcement for Naruto:GNT 1 was what brought about the long lasting Megaton joke!
They must have really wanted that PS2 userbase

MikeMyers

If the Chuin Exams didn't
have an abrupt ending, the finale would have been:

Naruto Vs. Shino
Temari Vs. Garra or Sasuke

So Garra probably would have beaten Sasuke and I doubt Temari would fight her brother. So basically we just missed out of Naruto verse Shino.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom