• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Welp, I have new manga to read, thanks thread.

Just tell me, does Kaori get her happy end?
Yeah, I feel the need for closure, it was such a sucky thing to happen
Tetsuo became a god and started another universe. Seriously. That was his Big Bang at the end.

The manga is a freaking epic in manga form. I highly recommend it.

huh, interesting, will get my hands on the manga.

To people who watched that for the first time, At one point some Hollywood Studio wanted Zac Efron to play Kaneda and they were aiming for a PG13 rating. Grab your pitchforks and join us!.

Ultratech

Thoughts? Impressions? How'd you like it, Toonami-GAF? Time for Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

I understand it more now than I did well over a decade ago.

To people who watched that for the first time, At one point some Hollywood Studio wanted Zac Efron to play Kaneda and they were aiming for a PG13 rating. Grab your pitchforks and join us!.

Oh yeah, they were wanting to Americanize it and everything.

What ever happened to that, anyways?

"Hollywood Studio" is Warner Bros which isn't even in Hollywood, it's over the hill in Burbank.

Amikami

Banned
I'm surprised so few people had seen Akira. And to thin all the shit I got for not seeing FLCL.
Glad to see you guys enjoyed it, but imagine watching that mind fuck at ages 9-10. Yep, I was one traumatized kid. SO good.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
yeah, and they weren't able to end it properly so they just rushed this thing in. which, hilariously, a lot of anime has since emulated.

Yea. Part of that is starting an adaptation too early and there's also the bad taste on the part of audiences not allowing proper finales of good shows.

Stig!
I'm surprised so few people had seen Akira. And to thin all the shit I got for not seeing FLCL.
Glad to see you guys enjoyed it, but imagine watching that mind fuck at ages 9-10. Yep, I was one traumatized kid. SO good.
Srsly.. When I first got into Anime I did like a crash course buying up all the important flicks on DVD like Akira, Ghost In The Shell, Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D, Wings of Honneamise etc etc.

LOLDSFAN

Well I'll be heading out.

Good movie. Amazing what they could pull off with 80's technology. Glad I'm old enough to appreciate it. :)

I'm surprised in 25 years no ones attempted to make a Akira 2 or reboot OVA to cover the whole story, I guess the film is just a classic no one wants to touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom