• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also while looking for akira in five seconds youtube pointed me to Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya full english dub. I'm not even signed on as I'm posting from the Wii U but I'm sure the youtube page is now reading my mind as I'm going to watch the DVD in the next few weeks.

I'm surprised in 25 years no ones attempted to make a Akira 2 or reboot OVA to cover the whole story, I guess the film is just a classic no one wants to touch

which is a real shame. i'm honestly surprised the creator himself never tried.

(by the way the guy who made this movie is working on Space Dandy in some capacity)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Its kinda like Citizen Kane, you may not like it but its worth the watch considering how influential it is.

Except Citizen Kane is a great fucking film that masterfully tells its story, even ignoring all the innovative things it did.

Akira decidedly is not that. Overall it's pretty poor at actually telling its story. But it is full of extremely memorable and innovative moments, and it's still something of a marvel to look at even 25 years later.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm surprised in 25 years no ones attempted to make a Akira 2 or reboot OVA to cover the whole story, I guess the film is just a classic no one wants to touch

Pretty much. If anyone tried they'd be looked at like someone who decided to remake Citizen Kane.

ckohler

AKIRA is like Citizen Kane in that it was revolutionary in its visuals and pushed the medium forward. That much is at least true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom