• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Late FMA03 spoilers
Doesnt Bradley (he's Pride right?) basically lose to Mustang because Selim randomly decides to bring Bradley's his ashes or something? That's not much better than how Bradley ultimately loses in Brotherhood, though.

Really?

Gets both his arms blow off, FIGHTS WITH HIS TEETH and dies from being just too badass.

Better than
Hey pops, brought you your kryptonite! Ded.

Seda

Really?

Gets both his arms blow off, FIGHTS WITH HIS TEETH and dies from being just too badass.

Better than
Hey pops, brought you your kryptonite! Ded.

No i mean the way Wrath is basically unbeatable (don't get me wrong it /is/ badass) until a random reflection of light basically finishes him. It just felt a little anticlimactic although I might be misremembering.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ok, I have answers.

There are two Kogas and they both sound very much alike and very much Canadian.

One of them is Hoenheim.

EDIT: Either that or imdb is crediting this other dude with being Koga when he's not. Either way Bass is right.

EDIT EDIT: He's also a 30 year voice acting vet who has been in a ton of things. He's Duo in Gundam Wing, Protoman and Wily in Megaman, Rattrap on Beastwars.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No i mean the way Wrath is basically unbeatable (don't get me wrong it /is/ badass) until a random reflection of light basically finishes him. It just felt a little anticlimactic although I might be misremembering.

To be fair
he was worn down a lot before that in Brotherhood and the manga. He doesn't get beaten at all without the previous fights. It took everyone working together to even give them half a shot at winning and even then they had to get lucky.
It just goes to show how much of a GOAT he was.

tumblr_mm3d53Y8ng1rl6ypdo1_500.gif

Though I'm pretty sure everyone here has already seen all of Brotherhood

Seda

To be fair
he was worn down a lot before that in Brotherhood and the manga. He doesn't get beaten at all without the previous fights. It took everyone working together to even give them half a shot at winning and even then they had to get lucky.
It just goes to show how much of a GOAT he was.
The true badass of the show.

Mature

Here's a question I never bothered to wonder: Has anyone that frequents this thread and watches the new Toonami not watched it during it's heyday pre-revival?

Here's a question I never bothered to wonder: Has anyone that frequents this thread and watches the new Toonami not watched it during it's heyday pre-revival?

i watched sporadically between 1999 and 2006. probably paid the most attention during G Gundam, Cell Games, Buu Saga, a lot of early Dragon Ball, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Jack, OG Clone Wars, any given DC show, and Gundam Seed. i also very vividly remember the 4th episode of the second Tenchi OVA and random dot Hack episodes, as well as the existence of Bobobo. i also watched more Hamtaro than i would care to admit. also random memories of Outlaw Star, Mobile Suit Gundam, Zoids, Cyborg 009. for some reason i watched that He-Man remake.

once i stopped watching, i never really thought about it even existing, or that it ended, until somebody told me about the April Fool's thing.

Yeah Dante's a weak villain, she doesn't scream master manipulator or god like entity that could pull off half the things needed for the story's events to unfold.

I like Lust's arc in FMA 03, I think she's a different enough character from the manga/brotherhood version that I honestly don't know which version I prefer. Of course she falls under the "everyone in second half of FMA 03 is dumb" syndrome and knocked away the one weakness she had and then walked into the only thing that could possibly kill her -.-

LOLDSFAN

Could such a person exist? Someone who had no childhood?

Could such a person exist? An American anime fan who didn't start out watching Sailor Moon/DBZ on Toonami?

Also let me add that I always somewhat kept up with Toonami even in its later years because of just Naruto. I was crushed that Toonami was going to die, but the direction it was going in was wrong. So we hoped... Hoped for its return. One day...

Could such a person exist? An American anime fan who didn't start out watching Sailor Moon/DBZ on Toonami?

Also let me add that I always somewhat kept up with Toonami even in its later years because of just Naruto. I was crushed that Toonami was going to die, but the direction it was going in was wrong. So we hoped... Hoped for its return. One day...

Well, I did watch Toonami but my first anime was Dr. Slump, not DBZ or Sailor Moon. The city where I grew up in gets Mexican channels and that was one of the first shows I ever watched.

I guess that would be me. Toonami's glory days were when I was in college, so I remember it more for the music and TOM, not the shows.

I wish my siblings had been as excited about anime as I was. Dr. Slump was never dubbed into English, so being able to see it was a real treat. I had no real life Toonami-GAF to watch shows with me.

Yeah then all my friends at school watched too, then I moved and we had no cn/toonami and nobody watched anime til ygo happened :(

Also with the sailor moon new anime topic getting bumped with no new info I was reading through it again and reminded that they want a worldwide release for it. Possibility it could be like Space Dandy and premier on Toonami?

Levyne

Banned
Honestly why even bother with the part in the middle they should just make an anime of openings and endings.

Has anyone done that?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just saw my schedule for next week, they've got us open until midnight on Saturday so I'm going to miss the first half hour or maybe even the first hour. Damn you Christmas rush! Damn you to hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom