• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
I posted a few times and gawked for awhile but had to get away. It's entertaining in small doses but then argument and general conversational flow tends to repeat itself and it becomes a waste of time.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Going through all the Shippuden OPs and damn some of the stuff is so good. I forgot how great the visuals were.

MikeMyers

I like Shippuden, despite some disappointments with it.

Best arc is the Immortals arc, best fight is Sasuke's fight with
Itachi

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The animation in OP1 is fucking awesome. The animation and the style and flow of OP2 is good even if the song is trash. OP3 is hellishly awesome. Sign is still one of the best songs by Flow. Fucking Shippuden.

I like Shippuden, despite some disappointments with it.

Best arc is the Immortals arc, best fight is Sasuke's fight with
Itachi

That's because
Itachi
is the best character in the series and every scene he's in is the rare moment where Kishi remembers how to not be a hack for 5 minutes

Amikami

Banned
That's because
Itachi
is the best character in the series and every scene he's in is the rare moment where Kishi remembers how to not be a hack for 5 minutes

Eh. I like him but
post Itachi vs. Sasuke fight ruined the character for me. I didn't mind the development itself but Kishi did it in a way that made zero sense for Itachi to suddenly end up good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I merged with a 1000 demons known as Final Act and have begun the processes of making my heart immune to spoilers.

That intro sure is purdy.

Also I've completely forgotten where original Inuyasha ended. Hooray.

MikeMyers

So I merged with a 1000 demons known as Final Act and have begun the processes of making my heart immune to spoilers.

Original Inuyasha ends with "PEACE OUT BITCHES. READ THE MANGA"

i believe Naraku got away and Sota was still the only one in a relationship.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Original Inuyasha ends with "PEACE OUT BITCHES. READ THE MANGA"

Well duh, I meant I've basically forgotten almost everything after Mt. Hakure

well besides that there's
another half dozen Naraku incarnations
or so and that he finally
got rid of his heart
well, sort of.

Also Kagome sounds weeeeeeeiiiiird. It's not bad though!

EDIT: OH SHIT BUSINESS PICKS UP ALMOST IMMEDIATELY. Ok, enough teasing. Going to shut up now.

MikeMyers

Well duh, I meant I've basically forgotten almost everything after Mt. Hakure

well besides that there's
another half dozen Naraku incarnations
or so and that he finally
got rid of his heart
well, sort of.

Also Kagome sounds weeeeeeeiiiiird. It's not bad though!

Well, okay.

Naraku kills Kikyo but Kagome resurrects her.
Naraku turns his heart into his child, but during a battle with the priest he gets split into two. As for the other Narku incarnations, I don't think they even were in original anime.
Kagura narks information to Sesshomaru so Naraku is fed up with her

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep, I remember all of that too. Good stuff. Inuyasha starts getting really good near the end and then just stops cold.

bigkrev

Kinda amazed that NPD thread turned into a funeral for WiiU instead of a next-gen dick waving contest.

Also, I totally watched the part of the Digimon movie that is based on Our War Game.

Yes, the Fox Kids version

Yes, it's almost unwatchable

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The pacing on this show is incredible. Half an episode has more plot movement than a season of Inuyasha.

Alright I've decided, I'm going to watch this episode and then wait on it; I'll take it out again if Final Act isn't announced by the end of summer.

Yeah it's good until the bit right after Sango joins then it becomes boring until the Band of 7 show up, excluding some amazing filler mixed in.

i think the whole demon InuYasha arc was pretty good.

The pacing on this show is incredible. Half an episode has more plot movement than a season of Inuyasha.

Alright I've decided, I'm going to watch this episode and then wait on it; I'll take it out again if Final Act isn't announced by the end of summer.

i'd wait until Bleach ends.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep not watching any more final act.

More happens to advance the plot in that first episode than the entire season before it.

It's not even DBZ Kai paced or even FMA:B early episodes paced, it's more like movie version of a fifty episode anime paced!

Now for episode one of original Inuyasha.

MikeMyers

On a random flip note, I just realized Yajirobe is the only human in DB-DBZ ever to ever win a in a real fight (a.k.a a foe with a name) outside a tournament.

MikeMyers

You mean how hes tied to a tree? I think its said in a filler that Kikyo's arrow actually protects him, as she still has some love for him and actually didn't want him completely dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom