• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
that means you need a renamon avatar
Tamers is the best. Anyone who says otherwise is a Sukamon face. Guilmon is also my favorite Digimon.

guilmon's I think ultimate digivolution? the one where he turns into a mech was the coolest thing i ever seen, I even had a toy whee he transforms from champion into ultimate, it was difficult to do tho and i broke it :(

guilmon's I think ultimate digivolution? the one where he turns into a mech was the coolest thing i ever seen, I even had a toy whee he transforms from champion into ultimate, it was difficult to do tho and i broke it :(
WarGrowlmon. Yeah, he was badass. I actually had a toy of all of Guilmon's stages. The Growlmon toy I had was my favorite. Digimon toys were always the best.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Adventure>Tamers>Adventure 2

Never seen the rest. Dub only as well.

ibme36hlukbEDL.gif

Seda

Only saw the first two seasons as a kid. Enjoyed them. I think by the time Tamers came out I just didn't care about Digimon anymore. Tried to rewatch the series not too long ago, couldn't do it. Best left to memory.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Ive watched season 1, 2, 3 and I believe 4 was the one where the kids turned into digimon themselves, and the more they digivolve, the less humanoid they get. Only reason I saw 4 was during highschool (or was it during jr high?) I got up at like 5 in the morning to watch because it was something interesting on at the time (and it was ,I admittedly enjoy that season tho dont remember much from it, probably because it came on at 5 o clock in the morning) and then that was the last ive seen of digimon fully, heard that one recent season was really good, xros or something like that.

Ultratech

You guys do know digimon season 3 is considered the best of the entire digimon series right? but yes, they should have continued with continuity, I love continuity and ofcourse, timeskips and such

Season 3 was awesome, but goddamn did it get pretty dark and creepy towards the end.

WarGrowlmon. Yeah, he was badass. I actually had a toy of all of Guilmon's stages. The Growlmon toy I had was my favorite. Digimon toys were always the best.

Speaking of, I'm guessing they never made a big version of Megidramon:
Megidramon.jpg

What if Inuyasha got with Sango?

Almost happened in a filler episode where Sango got drunk and tried to hook up with him

If the story evolved that way it'd be one thing, s2 of digimon is just like "oh btw tai and sora broke up off screen" then several episodes later it's like "oh btw sora is dating matt now"

*flips table*

that really annoyed me too. also the fact that just about everyone from the main cast was sort of pushed off into the background.

It made sense when only armor digivolving could beat the bad guys... But armor digivolving got outclassed by normal digivolving like 15 episodes in. Then when an even greater threat faced the world and digimon started appearing in the real world again the 01 cast couldn't be bothered to help out cause "oh were older and busy" psh yeah okay I guess saving the world is second to angsty high school drama and rock bands

Was there ever a reason given why our war games only had half the s1 cast play a role? It made for that funny scene with Mimi but other then that you'd think for the big movie based upon the first season of Digimon it'd be an excuse to show off everyone's mega form finally.

Jintor

Was there ever a reason given why our war games only had half the s1 cast play a role? It made for that funny scene with Mimi but other then that you'd think for the big movie based upon the first season of Digimon it'd be an excuse to show off everyone's mega form finally.

It's only 40-50 minutes right?

Didn't have time I guess

Yup yup. Matt really sucked. TK was also kind of a douche in Adventures 2. A family of buttholes.

TK was annoying in s1 and annoying in s2

BUT HE'S SO COOL AND MYSTERIOUS. HE EVEN WEARS GLOVES

Goggles > gloves

I still dont understand how TK beat up Ken even though the latter had a whip and was an athlete.

Ken forgot he was an athlete and basically just became the smart guy half way through s2

MikeMyers

Matt and TK are like Goku and Gohan. The former is meant to be a good guy but is kinda a douche, latter is little kid who seems to pull a transformation last minute and beat the big bad while being related to the former.

Yeah, he was cool. I always thought it was kinda cool/weird that a kid's series dealt with divorce and whatnot. Usually everything is always rainbows and smiles.

That's what makes digimon such a great show for kids and teena/adults. It tackles some rather surprising topics for a kids cartoon show.

thetechkid

Matt and TK are like Goku and Gohan. The former is meant to be a good guy but is kinda a douche, latter is little kid who seems to pull a transformation last minute and beat the big bad while being related to the former.

And then become irrelevant in the next series.

Also want to rage about season 2's ending. I actually liked the idea of humans and digimon living together and I liked the "where everyone is now", but I hate how they danced around all the pairings minus ken and yolei which was like the most boring couple of them all.

Also bringing back Myotismon out of nowhere to be the final antagonist was dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom