• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Dissapointed to see SAO not be lower- no one should watch that show
sober

Still amazed that Bleach, the second worst show on the block, is still head an shoulders above everything else. Its timeslot should be negated by the social habits of the target audience (midnight is pretty early!)

oh man, i just checked. you guys really aren't gonna like where One Piece leaves off for the month of movies.

(for people who have seen this arc)
right after the raid on Franky House

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ratings aren't too bad.

And wow at the year difference. Expectations have really gone up, haven't they?

Well the shows we have now are far better, in general, and have more name recognition.

I'm happy with those numbers.

As far as movies go, I hope it's not Strong World but at the same time it would be fun to watch it with you guys.

So good and bad news

Bad news I've been moved from saturday 5-1 to saturday overnight because another manager quit D:

Good news, that means I just got a promotion of almost $2 an hour more. I also have interviews at wal-mart and wendys, but now it won't be worth quitting the store even with the drive I'll be making almost 12 an hour vs 8 at minimum wage at other jobs

bigkrev

So good and bad news

Bad news I've been moved from saturday 5-1 to saturday overnight because another manager quit D:

Good news, that means I just got a promotion of almost $2 an hour more. I also have interviews at wal-mart and wendys, but now it won't be worth quitting the store even with the drive I'll be making almost 12 an hour vs 8 at minimum wage at other jobs

They gave you a 20% raise after 2 weeks?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
he probably needs pills to get his bankai going

TadkV.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So good and bad news

:(

I'm gonna miss you in here bro

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So good and bad news

they must be really short on people

mhs004

So good and bad news

I would do the same actually. Stick to the job as long as you can.

So good and bad news

1343207004904.gif

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So good and bad news

Stick to the job is what I say. I know it really sucks but because they're mistreating the other managers it'll be easier on you in the future when you possibly move up. Though... this means that you'll probably be easily abused timeshift and stuff.

So good and bad news

D: What is wrong with that particular McDonalds? So many managers quitting. Shit sucks, man. Hopefully they'll get this straightened out so you can have reasonable hours.

LOLDSFAN

So good and bad news

If you have a choice between Wal-Mart and Wendy's, pick Wendy's. I haven't worked at either one of them, but I have had many friends say that Walmart is horrible. Actually it might just be retail in general though lol.

But if you stick with the $12 job then yeah we'll miss you during Saturday's. :(

So good and bad news

I know these feelings. :(

They gave you a 20% raise after 2 weeks?

In a sense yes, the day I walked in I had the 4th most experience at any mcdonalds in this store. Half the managers in this store have worked for the company for less then 6 months. The plan was always for me to become a department head, just not this quickly.

I'm gonna miss you in here bro

This weekend is the only one I'll miss outright, I talked to the gm and she said when she does the manager schedule for December she'll look to move me earlier on Saturday.

they must be really short on people

Target for this store is 70 crew plus 10-15 managers, we have 33 crew and 6 managers...

I would do the same actually. Stick to the job as long as you can.

Well I need to do the math but I'm pretty sure with this raise I'll make more staying here then I will going to another job. Though Wendys or wal-mart may offer me more then minimum wage.

Stick to the job is what I say. I know it really sucks but because they're mistreating the other managers it'll be easier on you in the future when you possibly move up. Though... this means that you'll probably be easily abused timeshift and stuff.

Yeah, I should be able to get off Saturday night in December

D: What is wrong with that particular McDonalds? So many managers quitting. Shit sucks, man. Hopefully they'll get this straightened out so you can have reasonable hours.

There is a lot wrong with this mcdonalds, thankfully a lot of the problems have quit or been fired. We're also hiring 50 new people over the next 3 weeks.

If you have a choice between Wal-Mart and Wendy's, pick Wendy's. I haven't worked at either one of them, but I have had many friends say that Walmart is horrible. Actually it might just be retail in general though lol.

But if you stick with the $12 job then yeah we'll miss you during Saturday's. :(

I'll do out the math and make the decision that makes the most sense financially. Wendys and walmart are 15 and 20 minutes away from my home this store is an hour.

I know these feelings. :(

Difficult situation but at least I'm moving up quickly

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Try to get six months or a year as Dept. Head, it'll help moving up the chain in better opportunities. The turnover here though is not normal even for fast food though; I'd be very careful as it may be an issue with upper management being hard to work for.

Someday when Bass owns McDonald's, we'll get tired of all the McD's commercials on Toonami.

If I ever get stay at mcds that long then SAOsuicide.gif

Though I would give every toonami gaffer a 50% discount. Heck if any of you ever find yourself in Windsor CT hit me up and I'll hook yall up

Try to get six months or a year as Dept. Head, it'll help moving up the chain in better opportunities. The turnover here though is not normal even for fast food though; I'd be very careful as it may be an issue with upper management being hard to work for.

Its just this store, my sister's store in the same company does not have this many problems. I was specifically hired by upper management to help fix this store.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Have to wake up at 7 tomorrow.

InuYashaGAF messed me up.

Pfft I'm up 23 hours from the end of Inuyasha every week and I use it to help me go to bed early that Sunday night. Inuyasha regulates my sleeping habits which are not good the rest of the time.

It does make me useless on Sundays though. I generally watch football or play videogames and turn in at 7-10.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah I generally sleep 7-11:30 on Sunday mornings and then go to bed early Sunday Night. Gets me set for the week! Which I usually mess up by staying up too damn late on Tuesday or Wednesday!

MikeMyers

I'll have to try it.

Tomorrow I have to be up at 7 for a project, all my college courses have been in the afternoons this semester. So I've been staying up late the entire time.

I plan to dvr bleach thru sao + clone wars and inuyasha (will just watch flcl, brotherhood, and gits on dvd) will I miss the button push if I don't record the show before Bleach?

Seda

My weekends are usually:

Friday: Stay up ungodly late on Friday for no reason, like 3/4/5am.

Saturday: Sleep until noon/1pm. Stay up on Saturday b/c Toonami

Sunday: Sleep until 1pm. Games/Football until 11pm or so. Sleep

(east coast)

Getting to sleep on Sunday is the toughest part (because I've only been awake for like 10 hours), but it's workable.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My weekends are usually:

(east coast)

Getting to sleep on Sunday is the toughest part (because I've only been awake for like 10 hours), but it's workable.

I usually do the same, only throw some work in there.

MikeMyers

My weekends are usually:

(east coast)

Heh, I went to bed at 11pm only to wake up at 1am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom