• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
Bah, I've scoured the Tumblr but can't find what my memory seems to think was stated.

I read (...or think I read) that it was not financially possible to both acquire Shippuden and air past 52 episodes of Naruto. It was either continue Naruto or get Ship. Maybe it was Jason's twitter...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bah, I've scoured the Tumblr but can't find what my memory seems to think was stated.

I read (...or think I read) that it was not financially possible to both acquire Shippuden and air past 52 episodes of Naruto. It was either continue Naruto or get Ship. Maybe it was Jason's twitter...

I remember that as well. I think it was from an interview or something like that.

It costs them money to get additional Nartuo episodes beyond episode 52. Money they felt was better spent getting Shippuden and doing other things. Demarco said this himself on his Twitter feed around the time the Jan 4 schedule was revealed.
They should be showing SBT again instead of Naruto

As awesome as the remaining canon part 1 arcs are, they made the right choice picking up Shippuden instead. Especially if they can still air the og naruto as an added free bonus from the beginning

Oh Sakura. That's just boys being boys. All the raging hormones is making them a little jumpy. I'm sure it'll pass soon enough and they'll be friends forever.

"While the first ten minutes do take us to the "breastaurant" Boobies, and there is a bit of silly T&A along with some brief sexual slapstick, there is far less libidinous drooling than the last trailer suggested."

i'm fucking ashamed i gave this place hits.
It'll be funny when the show premieres and it's just as "libidinous" as they think it isn't.

I for one am really enjoying the sporadic Schadenfruede commentary
I'm glad my random impressions have entertained you.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
is the pacing in Shippuden better, worse, or about the same?

Generally worse I'm afraid, though I've only seen the first quarter or so of it all the way through though I jumped in and out of later stuff as it was dubbed (it came on just as I got home from working the night shift back then)

The first arc probably takes twice as long as it should.

Generally worse I'm afraid, though I've only seen the first quarter or so of it all the way through though I jumped in and out of later stuff as it was dubbed (it came on just as I got home from working the night shift back then)

The first arc probably takes twice as long as it should.

bleh. because it already bugs me even on things like the finals of the Chunin Exams and the whole Tsunade arc.

Worse, more flash backs and filler arcs

is the rest of the canon material beyond what Man God mentioned better at least?

bleh. because it already bugs me even on things like the finals of the Chunin Exams and the whole Tsunade arc.

is the rest of the canon material beyond what Man God mentioned better at least?

In my opinion no naruto peaked at the final arc of part 1 and it's mostly down hill from there with occasional moments of brilliance mixed in with moments of bad/boring. 3 of my 5 favorite fights of the series are in Shippuden though for what it's worth.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Shippuden has probably the two best arcs in the series (spoiler for arc names)
The Immortals Arc
The Pain Arc

It gets pretty bad after the latter, though.

MikeMyers

My main problem with the Immortal arc is that
Kakashi told Sasuke to forgot his revenge, but helps Shikamaru get revenge? Team 8's leader should have fought instead of Kakashi, but lolVagina. Also Ino should have actually fought, but lolVagina.

In my opinion no naruto peaked at the final arc of part 1 and it's mostly down hill from there with occasional moments of brilliance mixed in with moments of bad/boring. 3 of my 5 favorite fights of the series are in Shippuden though for what it's worth.

what are the other two favorite fights?

MikeMyers

A8T4z.jpg

Rock Lee vs Gaara

End of part 1 spoilers
Naruto vs Sasuke

This is a combo of how good the fight is and the story/emotions behind it. Fights 6-10 are all in part 1

so far my top 5 would probably be

Gaara vs. Rock Lee
Shikamaru vs. Temari
Third Hokage vs. Orochimaru
Sasuke vs. Orochimaru (Forest of Death)
Zabuza Going Out Like a Boss

the third would be higher if it wasn't drawn out for like 5 episodes

It didn't bother me because there were lots of other things happening that we also needed to see happening. Had they focused on just that fight it would have only been 2 episodes.

It didn't bother me because there were lots of other things happening that we also needed to see happening. Had they focused on just that fight it would have only been 2 episodes.

really? the little tug of war didn't bother you?

also Branduil, do we have an estimate for the end of the pre-block?

really? the little tug of war didn't bother you?

also Branduil, do we have an estimate for the end of the pre-block?

It didn't bother me first time though reading the manga or on my second time watching the anime. Minor shippuden spoilers
there are going to be far, FAR worse tug of war and other moments of stupid in battles so maybe my opinion on a rewatch is skewed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom