• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
i get what you're saying perfectly. and i said it was a shitty excuse because you couldn't think of a way to justify the show failing to explain itself when it makes every effort to explain its other aspects.

I mean, you can say "'because it's fiction' is a shitty excuse," but that's basically what it boils down to and you either accept it or not. It's like asking why there's two gates in Brotherhood. In my opinion, the gates, Truth, the principals of alchemy, et al are so far above the characters as to be supernatural, and such things should be allowed a level of creative leeway. I have no problem suspending disbelief for such things. Actual plotholes like characters behaving differently, real world-based things using completely outrageous technology, etc. do indeed get my goat and annoy me from a writing angle. The supernatural? Nah man.

A better question than "why doesn't alchemy flow both ways" (because doing so would, as I said, mean they wouldn't be able to use the real world thing, which is pretty core to the '03 anime) would be "what does Earth get from deaths in Amestris?" It's an unanswered question, but not one that's explicitly denied nor an actual plothole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom