• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I still stand by my defense of COS. When I saw it, the manga was still 5 years away from ending, and Brotherhood obviously did not exist. The lack of a happy ending was consistent with what we had seen in the prior series, it does a good enough job closing up the plot holes, and while some stuff requires a leap of logic, it makes sense for the most part (Noah knowing alchemy in the end is explained by the fact that Noah took all the knowledge from Ed and gave it to her, her actions are explained by the fact that Nazi were pretty much like that,ect). Ed being self-centered is something that carried over from the original series, and that character flaw is reflected in the end- he was able to get his brother's body back, but not his own.

Eh, COS is a piece of shit independent of the first series wrought with some of the most pointless deaths and fakeist angst I have seen in awhile and that isn't even getting into that last half hour giving up any semblance of coherence or plausibility led by a shallow villainess who motivations make little sense in any context.

Okay, I usually wait til the episode is done before giving my thoughts but this is just too crazy not to say anything so soon.
The veggie text actually worked!?!?! Ruka is a girl now!?!? This is just too crazy.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Nice.

But needs more Hitler.

Oy, no kidding. I originally wanted Winry, Sheska, A real Noah pic, Fritz, Brigadier General Nazi. Cyclopstang, Hohen*SPLAT*, and Envious the Magic Dragon in the pic too, but then I figured I'd NEVER FINISH AT ALL, so some participants were culled, ha.

I didn't even get Earth Al in there...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TDhj300.gif

That necklace is cursed. CURSED
Clearly obvious any real relationship with Tsunade results in death

Lose the bet on purpose, Naruto

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
rF0cPIr.gif

My absolute favorite one.

Shojo the Stampede needs to be on this page, too!

All these gifs... do we have a "THIS WORLD IS MADE UP OF... LOVE AND PEACE!" one yet?

I still stand by my defense of COS. When I saw it, the manga was still 5 years away from ending, and Brotherhood obviously did not exist. The lack of a happy ending was consistent with what we had seen in the prior series, it does a good enough job closing up the plot holes, and while some stuff requires a leap of logic, it makes sense for the most part (Noah knowing alchemy in the end is explained by the fact that Noah took all the knowledge from Ed and gave it to her, her actions are explained by the fact that Nazi were pretty much like that,ect). Ed being self-centered is something that carried over from the original series, and that character flaw is reflected in the end- he was able to get his brother's body back, but not his own.

I think the biggest overall weakness of the movie is that it expects us to gain familiarity from saying "It's all a parallel... so ok, I'm cool with it!", rather than legitimately fleshing out it's own story.

This messes up because the story is TOO foreign to be a real "Final Act". It instead feels like the beginning of a new Arc. I could imagine feeling the same way if the continent of Xing was introduced in an FMA movie, and then just... cut off after the movie was over.

Truthfully, I king of hate how FMA:B never just... took us to Xing, and let us hang around it for a while. It always felt like we should have ended up there somehow.

I just felt bad when Alt. Al walked in, coughing his lungs out, and Ed just... goes on with what he had to say. Ed's a focused boy, but he's not oblivious. Heck, his mother died from what COULD have been simple sickness. He should have been scared out of his wits, and worried about losing a 2nd Al all over again.

I guess you can say that many of the choices seemed geared towards fitting the movie in it's runtime, rather than to serve the story itself.

Getting a little graphic with the reaper death seal, huh? And Shino is understandably ticked off bout being ignored. Better get used to it, buddy. Next episode!

Real talk, Sakura getting big plot in part 2 would be better then what she actually got
she actually got more useless despite her alleged power up which still boggles my mind

Real talk, Sakura getting big plot in part 2 would be better then what she actually got
she actually got more useless despite her alleged power up which still boggles my mind

Sakura:"I can now punch things with super strength and heal people"
Kishi: "It's too bad this is now a power beam manga and everyone who matters has enough chakra to never need healing"

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Cant wait til fruede's reaction to the next few episodes if I got it right it might even be the next episode of steins;gate

mhs004

It was nice to visit the family but I'm back home.
What was the general reaction to the movie? I'm also exited for the new Trigun movie.
Any new Toonami news?

mhs004

You were in the minority, most of us trashed the movie for the mess it was.
I liked the craziness, I'm also a history major/nerd so the Nazi thing also made me enjoy it. The original fma was my first anime after I stopped watching the old toonami so I may be biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom