• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
There can only be one wind-yielder here:

Your picture of what I expect to be Kagura isn't showing up!

kagura.gif
tumblr_m6it6t5ywF1r6to05o1_500.gif

Thank you! By the way, nice sketch dump as always.

Thank to you as well!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
too much reference to cowboy bebop, not enough references to the actual main event for subtitle, which still hasent been changed yet D:

Does anybody else here enjoy GitS or is it airing too late for most people to follow? The show is dialogue heavy but I freaking love it, wish I had gotten into the series when it aired on AS...

Shit be going down in DtB. Crazy CIA chicks and Hei finally losing it.

Pretty sure Seda suggested something like this a while ago. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Someone's not paying attention. How about Toonami |OT9| Ringing in the New Year with the Humanoid Typhoon

I think Seda just had his suggestions as LOVE AND PEACE

Another suggestion

Toonami OT9 Spike and Dandy couldn't catch the humanoid typhoon

If it fits

Does anybody else here enjoy GitS or is it airing too late for most people to follow? The show is dialogue heavy but I freaking love it, wish I had gotten into the series when it aired on AS...

First time watcher love it but the dialogue heavy episode knock me out at 4am. I need to start napping again

LOLDSFAN

In sequential order.

|OT9| Tri not to shoot a gun in space. It won't be dandy.

Or for a full sentence.

|OT9| It won't be dandy if you tri to shoot a gun in space.

foxuzamaki

Shit be going down in DtB. Crazy CIA chicks and Hei finally losing it.

Pretty sure Seda suggested something like this a while ago. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Someone's not paying attention. How about Toonami |OT9| Ringing in the New Year with the Humanoid Typhoon
I'm ashamed of myself
seen it all the way through over and over again, acknowledge that its a really good series
Ive seen the series so many times, and my opinion is the same as cowboy bebop's, ive and i do enjoy it, but seen it way too many times to see it again.
eh. is it really character development if she's just repeating the whole "i don't wanna be with Naraku" thing some more? :p
Now now, she does eventually break away :p
Well damn. Steins;Gate is getting more unsettling by the second. I really want to see what happens next.
what episode did you just watch?

Why didn't you guys tell me this show was gonna rip my heart out and put it through a meat grinder?
I never trusted that bitch. She stood out way too much. Even amongst the weirdos that the main cast is comprised of.

foxuzamaki

Why didn't you guys tell me this show was gonna rip my heart out and put it through a meat grinder?
I never trusted that bitch. She stood out way too much. Even amongst the weirdos that the main cast is comprised of.

The sadness doesnt end there, wait til you see the next episode

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sorry to dredge some of this up a day later, but I'm stuck at work today with no one else around, and I'm bored.

I won't argue with you about the pointless deaths, but I will argue with you on the terms of the villain having no rational motivations.

Regardless of if it's true or not, many works of fiction use the premise that the Nazi were interested in the occult. By no means is it a stretch for a Nazi to find a man (Hoenhiem) who came "from the other side of the gate", a land that is full of wonder and people who can turn rocks into gold, and dedicate her life to crossing over the boarder. When they capture a "dragon" (Envy) from the other side, they have their ideas further reinforced.
When she finally gets to the other side, she realizes that it's not Shambala, a land of wonder, but a parallel to her own world, with human inhabitants. This scares her- it's not what she expected to find on the other side!- so she does what Nazi do- decide that all of the problems are caused by people not like herself, and commit genocide against them.
Yes, this character had a lack of development. That's because this movie had a lot of ground to cover- resolution to Ed's story in the new word, Mustangs story after the final confrontation with Bradley, Al's journey to find his brother, what happened to the remaining Homunculi, and closure for more minor characters like Winrey and Izumi. And you have less than a 2 hour block of time to tell your story. So they shortcut that by using a common trope to tell you all you need to know about a character. When I play Batman: Arkham Asylum, there is no scene explaining why Batman can't pick up the guns or knives that enemies drop in battle- because it assumes that you know who Batman is, and that using a gun is something he would never do. In this case, they take the trope of an Evil Nazi obsessed with the occult (just like Raiders of the Lost Ark!), and use that to explain the actions instead of spending valuable time creating a backstory for her.

Yea, no, the rationale is weak and downright nonsensical because they engaged in some very disconnected writing. They spent a lot of time establishing the racial tensions and the concept of lebensraum was even mentioned and as uncomfortable as those topics were, they had grounding. All that shit got tossed out the window and replaced with "I got scared so I wanted to destroy everything" which is not even consistent with the proceedings.

MikeMyers

eh. is it really character development if she's just repeating the whole "i don't wanna be with Naraku" thing some more? :p

Well after Band of 7 she becomes
Babysitter to Naraku's heart, betrays him
, and then FINAL ACT
dies

Branduil

Kayos is busy this weekend, so I'll be taking over the pre-watch block this week, on Saturday, the 28th. We'll be starting at 8:30 PM EST, a half-hour earlier than usual.

The lineup:

8:30 One Piece the Movie 6: Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island
10:00 The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Moaradin

Saw The Girl Who Leapt Through Time this weekend. Great movie.

I'm actually really interested in that One Piece movie. Really liked the dude's other movies, so I'm curious how he'll handle One Piece.

Kayos is busy this weekend, so I'll be taking over the pre-watch block this week, on Saturday, the 28th. We'll be starting at 8:30 PM EST, a half-hour earlier than usual.

The lineup:

8:30 One Piece the Movie 6: Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island
10:00 The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Sweet! Sounds like good times.

Hrm. 100 ppp makes it so hard to link stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom