• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's... slightly better.
Only 5 per set but it's not stupidly pricey.

It's like $10 an episode. Compared to the two big One Piece box sets which are about a dollar an episode or Black Lagoon which is like $30 for 24 episodes. Still a total ripoff.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's like $10 an episode. Compared to the two big One Piece box sets which are about a dollar an episode or Black Lagoon which is like $30 for 24 episodes. Still a total ripoff.

Huh, when you put it that way then Aniplex is still run by assholes.

MikeMyers

If anime weren't so expensive I'd buy it. Haven't purchased anything since 2007ish when I got the Cowboy Bebop movie.
Been saving up for the SM re-release. Gonna buy S1-S3 straight away, but might to wait til S4 and S5 are cheap to get them. Outside of that haven't bought anything in a while.

BatDan

It's not that bad these days, outside of the assholes at Aniplex. Most places charge about a buck an episode, maybe two at the very most.

Plus Black Lagoon was bluray and DVD.

God damn it Aniplex, stop being so shit.
Funimation, keep being awesome.

That's why I'm really hoping Funimation got HxH (that and they'd do a great job with the dub, as long as Colleen isn't Gon, it would just be weird being Luffy and Gon).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, $50 for 5 episodes is still insane. It should cost that much for the entire series, not 1/5th of it.

It's not that bad these days, outside of the assholes at Aniplex. Most places charge about a buck an episode, maybe two at the very most.

Oh cool, I could swing that. I'm still pissed at myself for spending $25-$30 for DVDs that would have 5 episodes on them (I'm looking at you G Gundam!)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh cool, I could swing that. I'm still pissed at myself for spending $25-$30 for DVDs that would have 5 episodes on them (I'm looking at you G Gundam!)

Luckily most of those assholes went out of business. How Aniplex has managed to survive with those prices is a mystery.

Funimation and RightStuf will hook you up with dem quality deals and sales.

Yep. Amazon too, they've got two One Piece box sets coming out that'll give you every episode up to where Toonami's run started for less than half of what Aniplex is charging for the entirety of Gurren Lagann.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, the Female Titan sets her sights on Eren, Tsukishima's Fullbring forces Ichigo into conflict with his friends, Dandy has to deal with an old flame, Naruto and Sakura continue to have issues with Sai, Sniper King makes some new friends while Luffy begins his battle with Blueno (from the bar), Team Gurren sets out for the Gunmen rally point but runs into a strange trio of siblings along the way, Humpty Dumpty is back to play games with Bats and friends again, Hellsing takes over for Black Lagoon but doesn't skimp out on the blood as Integra and Alucard bring the Hellsing Organization to merry ole England, the Elrics have a chat with Fuhrer Bradley, Spike hitches a ride with a space trucker and her cat, Padme opposes buying new clones in MORE INTENSE SENATE ACTION, and Jack follows some creatures to a passage through time.

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 18 - Forest of Giant Trees: The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission, Part 2
12:00 - Bleach - 359 - Sorrowful Battle! Ichigo vs. Sado & Orihime
12:30 - Space Dandy - 24 - An Other-Dimensional Tale, Baby
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 36 - The Fake Smile
1:30 - One Piece - 270 - Give Robin Back! Luffy vs. Blueno!
2:00 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 4 - Having Lots of Faces Doesn't Make You Great!
2:30 - Beware the Batman - 18 - Games
2:58 - Hellsing Ultimate - 1 - Hellsing I
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 29 - Struggle of the Fool
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 7 - Heavy Metal Queen
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 55 - Pursuit of Peace
5:30 - Samurai Jack - 32 - Jack and the Traveling Creatures

BatDan

Ah right, the Family Guy episode where Peter learns his ancestor was a slave.
Another plot The Simpsons would steal.

Ugg, I'm sick as hell and I still haven't written my thesis for my English class. Plus this TB scare has got me worked up. At least the Bullshit with my family is sort out. I just want to watch Toonami and relax.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzScEsDIZSLFjHH
An hour long show I don't wanna draw-watch to, lol. At least not to start. THIS AUGHT'A BE FUN!

Squalor

Ugg, I'm sick as hell and I still haven't written my thesis for my English class. Plus this TB scare has got me worked up. At least the Bullshit with my family is sort out. I just want to watch Toonami and relax.
A tuberculosis scare is better than an Ebola scare, haha.

daveo42

Banned
And I'm in for the majority of the block. Btw, what episode of One Piece was on last week? I know we'll get a recap, but I'm pretty curious about what I actually missed out on. I assume this week is the fight with Blueno from the bar.

A tuberculosis scare is better than an Ebola scare, haha.
The thing is I've never shown signs of TB but I got told by the CHS that I still have to get tested to close the case on me. Just the thought of someone with TB spreading that shit on my campus is kinda scary.

BatDan

And I'm in for the majority of the block. Btw, what episode of One Piece was on last week? I know we'll get a recap, but I'm pretty curious about what I actually missed out on. I assume this week is the fight with Blueno from the bar.

Last week was 269.

Thirty minutes isn't enough to understand.

Bingo.
In order to truly understand, hours are required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom