• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my sights set on you, ToonamiGAF~

tumblr_n9uunoXcDq1s5f9ado1_500.gif

Tenumi

Banned
Whats wrong with me is being an unemployed student with no prior work experience, thats whats wrong with me.

I know what that's like, most definitely.

I'm hanging out with some friends today, so I don't know if I'll have the extra energy to stay up through much of Toonami tonight.

ckohler

A heads-up about tonight's Gurren Lagann Episode

Tonight's episode is poorly animated. It was done by guest director Osamu Kobayashi which is why all of the characters appear cheap looking and really off-model. For example:

ARiA3AE.jpg

pM9ngTK.jpg

When this episode originally aired in Japan, the negative feedback was so bad that it eventually led to Gainax co-founder Takami Akai resigning after he made some disparaging replies on a Japanese fan forum saying that the complaints he was reading was "like putting [his] face next to an anus and breathing deeply."

In my opinion, that's what this episode looks like. The style is really off putting and it's probably my least favorite episode of the series narrative wise as well. Thankfully, it's the only episode like this. New viewers will understand when you see it.

Tonight's episode is poorly animated. It was done by guest director Osamu Kobayashi which is why all of the characters appear cheap looking and really off-model.

When this episode originally aired in Japan, the negative feedback was so bad that it eventually led to Gainax co-founder Takami Akai resigning after he made some disparaging replies on a Japanese fan forum saying that the complaints he was reading was "like putting [his] face next to an anus and breathing deeply."

Lmfaooooo

bigkrev

I got a 29

I only studied for the SAT like a half year before

I have no idea what the current scoring system for the SAT is, but I got a 1210/1600 when I took it. Did significantly better in English than in Math. No essay section.

Tonight's episode is poorly animated. It was done by guest director Osamu Kobayashi which is why all of the characters appear cheap looking and really off-model. For example:

In my opinion, that's what this episode looks like. The style is really off putting and it's probably my least favorite episode of the series narrative wise as well. Thankfully, it's the only episode like this. New viewers will understand when you see it.

Did they go to Newgrounds and find a flash animator for that episode?!?!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is it just me, or does Simon kind of look like the One Piece artstyle? For some reason, I'm reminded of Luffy, but I don't know why...

Ultratech

will main Villager

Yeah, out of the demo characters, Villager was one of the more fun characters to play.

GO GO GYROID ROCKET!

I barely even remember that episode when I try and think about it.

Granted, I remember hearing similar warnings when I first watched TTGL.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Villager is awesome...except I have literally no idea how to kill without using the tree or aggressively chasing the opponent off screen.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Quick, random, hypothetical question. :)

Anyone here know anything about World Trigger, a Viz anime?

It's a bland generic manga getting adapted by Toei.
Considering how they screwed up Toriko, I don't have much faith in Toei Animation these days.

Ultratech

Villager is awesome...except I have literally no idea how to kill without using the tree or aggressively chasing the opponent off screen.

Bowling Ball (Side-Smash) and/or Fireworks (Up-Smash) are pretty good.

Bowling Ball in particular hurts like a mofo if you can get it to hit.
Fully charged Bowling Ball is scary powerful if you somehow get that to hit.

Gorillaz

Its going to be hard to find a good dandy replacement

Whst anime is going to tell me where to take the bae at for vacation when I got skrilla and wanna turn up

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wouldn't be surprised if they reaired S2. Perhaps afterwards, it'll get moved to a later time and reair the entire series again. I imagine considering it aired on Toonami first, a rarity for anime these days, it'll probably stay for a while.

Still waiting for Funimation to announce that Blu-Ray set...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OMG

A NEW POP FICTION.

I thought it was just a myth, but they're still doing them!! A shame episodes have pretty much slowed down, but I guess there's only so much they can work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom