• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Best show last year, I didn't expect it to be as good as it was. I need a new season. Don't fuck with me like you do with Spice and Wolf Japan..

I might need to watch it then. I love Spice and Wolf btw...but not knowing if and when we'll be getting anything more from it sucks.

Soulflarz

Banned
I don't even know who he is, though it seems like we've frequented some of the same threads in the past.

Hes our lurker. He checks toonamigaf consistently, but he never posts in it. Ive tried to get him to join us!

Also shoot, I just realized I'm in Boston this weekend. I was looking forward to toonami :'(

I don't even know who he is, though it seems like we've frequented some of the same threads in the past.

He basically reads Toonami GAF and instead of posting here tweets his thoughts on all the Toonami shows he watches. Why he can't just copy/paste his tweets as post the way Shard and I do I dunno

Gorillaz

On episode 10 of Stein's Gate. I know it isn't action based but this would honestly be a good show to put on to bridge the back half of the block. It would be a good transition show. Liking it alot right now.
Just like Bleach though, NUMBER ONE is where it's at.

ManGod, pls

bigkrev

He basically reads Toonami GAF and instead of posting here tweets his thoughts on all the Toonami shows he watches. Why he can't just copy/paste his tweets as post the way Shard and I do I dunno

I bet 99% of bannings could be avoided if everyone did this instead of actually posting, lol

Just like Bleach though, NUMBER ONE is where it's at.

tumblr_majym31Zyw1rxevt4o1_500.jpg

pyrandes

Im terrible about that in IRC.I tweet it then post it anyways.

Yeah. I'm pretty terrible about this. Most of my short commentary is on twitter--mostly due to ease of use on the phone with my big fingers in a timely fashion.

Yeah. I'm pretty terrible about this. Most of my short commentary is on twitter--mostly due to ease of use on the phone with my big fingers in a timely fashion.

Copy paste is a beautiful thing my friend lol even when I use my phone I generally type on twitter, copy paste to gaf and remove any #

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I might need to watch it then. I love Spice and Wolf btw...but not knowing if and when we'll be getting anything more from it sucks.

It's not the same kind of show, I just use it as an example since they're both based on Light Novels. Definitely worth a watch though.

Seda

*reads final Brawl in the Family comic*
Oh dear, it's started raining.

I never checked BitF regularly but from time to time I would go to the website to 'catch' up on several months-worth of updates. Today I also randomly checked to see the final comic on the main page.

What was pretty good about it is that it stayed simple and light-hearted. A lot of 'comedy' tries too hard to be edgy or comes across as snarky. Or focuses too much in setting up a punch line. BitF had a more genuine nature, I feel.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I REALLY wish I could back the Kickstarter. It was a great family-friendly comic while still managing to be funny most of the time. Would be great to own all the comics in book form, but $80 is just too expensive for me. At the very least, it's great to see it hit so many stretch goals....but it just makes me want to get them even more...

& by family-friendly, I mean it actually felt like anyone of a certain age that likes Nintendo could enjoy it, not the more familiar trap of "it's really just meant for kids".

I never checked BitF regularly but from time to time I would go to the website to 'catch' up on several months-worth of updates. Today I also randomly checked to see the final comic on the main page.

What was pretty good about it is that it stayed simple and light-hearted. A lot of 'comedy' tries too hard to be edgy or comes across as snarky. Or focuses too much in setting up a punch line. BitF had a more genuine nature, I feel.

I can't take my webcomic seriously until it has a story line about miscarriage

Y8reiVX.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

It's really hard to find a webcomic like it. The closest I feel is Awkward Zombie. There's just a lot of angry ones out there, or something like that...

I can't take my webcomic seriously until it has a story line about miscarriage

Y8reiVX.jpg

B^U

daveo42

Banned
I haven't been able to get into any webcomic in some time other than the occasional binge read when I find one I seemingly like. I read a ton of them back in college, but nowadays they just don't seem to really hold my interest and end up being nothing but a minor distraction without any lasting impact.

Not saying that every webcomic is like that, but I think I'm fine with missing out, even if that might mean missing out on the good ones.

Edit: This just reminds me of one of the first web comics I ever got into, General Protection Fault. I'm actually surprised it is still going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom