• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

ready for batman guys!?

guys?

tumblr_na294unfmA1rdzgejo1_500.gif

Takashi

Minus this episode ofc, I've really liked animation for this show but the story feels a bit aimless so far. I know they are introducing characters and world building but I'm still not sure where team gurren is even going. But I'll take everyone's word that it picks up since I have heard it's a bit slow at first.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, almost forgot, judging by the schedule, it looks like we're getting the edited TV broadcast version of Gurren episode 6, not the DVD version.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Has Batman gotten any better yet? When is that "it gets good" thing supposed to happen with this show?

Not really no.
In fact, it's kind of worse with the introduction of Harvey Dent. In this universe, he's a crazy asshole prior to becoming Two-Face.

I'm glad someone lost their job because of this. So weird. Time for Beware the Batman.

That's an awful opinion, since the guy who left was a founding member of Gainax and left because of some other staff responding to trolls and the director did really great work before being ran out of the industry essentially.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm utterly shocked but not disappointed at the other M stand and be counted thread, I was going for but it seems the majority actually liked the game for what it is.

ckohler

Minus this episode ofc, I've really liked animation for this show but the story feels a bit aimless so far. I know they are introducing characters and world building but I'm still not sure where team gurren is even going. But I'll take everyone's word that it picks up since I have heard it's a bit slow at first.
I promise you won't be let down. Just know that right now they are simply trying to find out where the Beastmen are coming from.

Mik317

You didn't make it to the turning point, so yeah, you haven't actually seen the show.

TBF I also stopped because my dvd got fucked and some butthole spoiled a major moment for me too.

It just was never interesting enough for me to go back to. So it being on Toonami is a godsend as shows like Black Lagoon (this was also a fucked DVD issue as that show super interesting..I also lacked time), Soul Eater, Blue Exorcist, Casshern, and Deadman Wonderland were all shows i had started when i was younger for various reasons and for the most part have greatly enjoyed thanks to you guys commentary lol (Bleach kinda also falls into this category).

I do generally give most shows around 5 episodes (The Bebop rule as while good BeBop got AMAZING around episode 5)....so here's to hoping.

BatDan

Looks like they were kidnapped by Jigsaw.
Hopefully someone leaves without their leg.

Soulflarz

Banned
Its not that i cant stay up, its that i really dont wana stay up 1.5hr more, especially today. And ill be dead if im woken up early tomorrow

Well... it's a comedy series at this stage.

It serious's up in a few episodes.

The core appeal of the show isn't the story though, it's the crazy awesome action sequences.

BatDan

Dear creators: If you didn't want to bring in Amanda Waller, you shouldn't have brought in the same voice actress or have her look like Waller.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
What's the difference?

The TV version starts with a One Piece sized recap of the series to date (ALL FIVE EPISODES OF IT) because of all the stuff they had to remove from the episode.

It's basically a hot springs episode, and we'll leave it at that.

ImOutPeace.jpg

also shouldnt it be obvious that its either the lady or the albino black guy since the rest of the peopld are kind of you know protagonists?
ill be back in 30
Also that just looks like lipstick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom